/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Indian Media

Indian Bro
01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
As-salamu alaykum,

Each and every day goes by and my anger towards the Indian media grows more and more, may Allah (s.w.t.) grant me more patience. Kamal Hassan (don't be mistaken by his name, he's an atheist) has released a movie "Vishwaroopam" which has been banned in the state of Tamil Nadu because it is believed that the content of this movie conveys a negative view about Islam, you can find more information if you google it (I still can't post links yet). Anyways, this isn't the prime source of my rage, but the fact that a local News channel called "CNN-IBN" decided to arrange an interview with Salman Rushdie to telecast his views on the situation. Why on earth would they interview someone who has openly criticized and publicly spoken ill about our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? To me it is totally blasphemous for a News network to seek the opinion of an anti-Islam individual on a situation related to Islam which requires a totally neutral perspective...

This isn't the only incident that got into my nerves. Just recently a few days ago, a news channel revealed information about Hindu terrorists and suddenly ALL the News media channels started displaying headlines "Terrorism has NO religion", "There is no such thing as Hindu or Muslim terrorists", but before this incident they didn't have any problems about speaking of "Muslim terrorists". I really can't stand this constant propaganda against Muslims not just in India but all over the world. This religion is a beautiful religion, a religion of peace, yet all these media sources want to do is to attract ratings at any cost, even if it means defaming a minority in a country. Totally distasteful acts from a country which is supposed to be "secular" in nature, yeah right!

May Allah Almighty grant all of us Muslims in India and other parts of the world great patience to deal with these trials.

And may Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) guide us all to the straight path.

Salam 3laikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
سيف الله
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Salaam

Yes, only the 'bad' guys do terrorism not the 'good' guys.

You only have to read about Indian soldiers horrendous record in Kashmir to understand what 'terror' means.

GuestFellow
01-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Don't get angry. If it makes you feel better, there is propaganda against all groups. We are not alone. =) *throws confetti* Today it's fashionable to have a go at Muslims.

Don't expect people to be impartial. Most people find it easy to point fingers at others but find it extremely difficult to criticse the groups that they associate with.

Abdul-Raouf
01-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Ameen to your Dua..

An indian brother... :) Assalamu alaikkum... Welcome to IB.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
01-26-2013, 07:09 AM
:wasalamex

I got tired of the same double standards, and so I just don't watch news anymore. I prefer reading it online, because at least you don't see the face of the person puking all that rubbish. Plus, I can easily get different views on it, the BBC view, CNN view, Huffington Post, Al Jazeera, Press TV, Russia Today, and even the public opinion in the comments which is mostly negative towards Islam anyway.

Alhamdulillah, what we can be content about is the fact that no matter how much you try to suppress the truth, it rises on its own and shuns all falsehood. Muslims might be on the receiving end of oppression, but still we are the fastest growing religion in the world. Even Palestine recently earned its very own seat in the UN council. Allahu-alam if they will benefit anything from that. The American public is also slowly getting aware of how wrongfully their government has deployed its troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and are requesting them to be called back. The progress is at a snail's pace, but it is progress nonetheless.

A Muslim's life will always be filled with trials. Even the Sahaba (RadhiAllahu Anhum) had the strong task of maintaining an Islamic society run by the shariah which is far easier said than done. One can keep one's own nafs checked, but they had to make sure that everybody around them was doing that as well.

Don't get depressed over these conspiracies of the kuffar. Allah is ever watchful of it, and He will justly compensate them for it, inshaAllah.

Innocent Soul
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
I just don't watch news anymore. I prefer reading it online,
Same here. You should not bother much about these things.

I agree with whatever Br.GuestFellow said.

Sometimes I also feel disgusting when people judge Islam by seeing the people. But its not always their fault we don't have enough representatives of Muslims in our government and many other reputed position of our country.

How can they know who we are unless we show them? Maybe we can just try to increase the number of Muslims in these high and reputed positions so that we can show them how real Islam is.

Predator
01-26-2013, 07:01 PM
These hindu tamil brahmin islamophobic pigs will always portray islam in bad light

Good to see that malaysia has banned the movie there . A lot of tamil diaspora reside over there and this should help in killing some of the box office profit made with the release of this filth

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/no...oopam/1065251/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!