/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revival's Inception.

Urban Turban
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
As salaamu wa alaykum,

:bism:

I request you to first purify and re-verify your intentions before you proceed to read further, don't read with the intention of finding mistakes, loopholes, if you do, very probably, you are not going to benefit.

Regarding intentions, please read the following before reading the story given in the link.

format_quote Originally Posted by munawwarah
Bi Ismihi Ta’ala

Formulating Intentions when serving Deen

By Hazrat Maulana Abdul Hamid Is`haq (Daamat Barakaatuhum)
Senior Khalifa of Hazrat Maulana Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb (Daamat Barakaatuhum)

On one occasion, when Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Kandhlawi (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) gave the Jumu`ah Khutbah, his respected father, Hazrat Maulana Muhammad Ilyaas (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) asked him what intention he had made for the Khutbah he had delivered.

Hazrat Maulana Yusuf (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) replied that his Niyyah (intention) was to deliver the Sunnah Khutbah.

Hazrat Maulana Muhammad Ilyaas (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) advised him thus: “Had you made the Niyyah that Allah Ta’ala conveys this message to all the people of the world, you would have then reaped so much more in thawaab (rewards), you would have secured tremendous rewards on such a niyyah.”

Contemplating this priceless gem, and thereafter on the intentions we make, it came to mind that on undertaking any khidmah of Deen – whether, Khutbah, bayaan, writing, travel for the purpose of Deen, etc. – we should keep the following points and concerns before us when formulating our intention, including the above.

The following Dua is actually an extension and an explanation to the main intention to do solely and only for the Pleasure of Allah Ta’ala, and this Dua also reflects the weighty responsibility we have when engaging in the services of Deen, creating that concern to carry out our work in the best possible manner, as would be pleasing to Allah Ta’ala (Insha-Allah):

When formulating our intentions, we should keep the following before us. Insha-Allah, it will assist us in understanding what a sincere intention should be:

“O Allah, make this a means of Aml and Hidayah for myself and for all; grant me the Taufeeq to convey it correctly, and explain it correctly; let it be understood correctly and let it be practised upon correctly.

O Allah, grant me 100% sincerity, as well as all the qualities of acceptance. Allow the message of Your Deen to spread to all mankind and jinn till the day of Qiyaamah. Wherever it reaches, in which ever way it reaches, by whatever means, let there be only good in it and let only good come out of it, let there be no evil or harm in it and let no harm come out of it.

O Allah, Bless me to convey that which is necessary and beneficial, according to each individual; let there be no test or trial in it, no mistakes or errors in it, and O Allah, save me from any kind of disrespect also.

O Allah, let each and every Ayah and Hadeeth be only for Your Pleasure. Seal this talk with Your Special Pleasure and Acceptance - whether of the sayings, actions and conditions of the pious, or the analogies and the examples, or the events, poems or anecdotes.

O Allah, let every single moment spent in the Khidmat of Your Deen be only for Your pleasure. You, out of Your Kindness, declare it to be only for Your pleasure, as far as the words, meanings, insinuations and body language are concerned.

O Allah, Crown our humble efforts and endeavours with acceptance even though not worthy of acceptance.”

http://khanqahashrafiaislamia.co.za/
Inception of the great revival - Early history of the resurgence.

Click link for the story

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
01-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Assalamu-alaikum

JazakAllahu khair for the article as well as the ^really important reminder^ above.

I think that one of the most challenging things in life, is keeping our intentions purely for the pleasure of Allah (subhanawataála).
Not only is it something that needs to be constantly worked on, but I feel that Shaytaan also tries to make one doubt his very intention of acting in Allahs cause (does this happen to anyone else? :/ )

We are often taught to correct our intentions at the beginning of every action......half-way through the action.......and then again, at the end of every action.

This shows how much effort we need to make in this regard.

As an example - sometimes we may post an article/ thread on the forum, with the intention of wanting to share beneficial knowledge with our brothers and sisters for the pleasure of Allah Taa'la......and then, as the discussion develops, the original intention is lost as our nafs get into the way :/
So, jazakAllahu khair again for the reminder.

(I realise that this is not what the thread is actually about.......so I wont continue to side-track any further.....)

:wa:

Urban Turban
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum

JazakAllahu khair for the article as well as the ^really important reminder^ above.

I think that one of the most challenging things in life, is keeping our intentions purely for the pleasure of Allah (subhanawataála).
Not only is it something that needs to be constantly worked on, but I feel that Shaytaan also tries to make one doubt his very intention of acting in Allahs cause (does this happen to anyone else? :/ )

We are often taught to correct our intentions at the beginning of every action......half-way through the action.......and then again, at the end of every action.

This shows how much effort we need to make in this regard.

As an example - sometimes we may post an article/ thread on the forum, with the intention of wanting to share beneficial knowledge with our brothers and sisters for the pleasure of Allah Taa'la......and then, as the discussion develops, the original intention is lost as our nafs get into the way :/
So, jazakAllahu khair again for the reminder.

(I realise that this is not what the thread is actually about.......so I wont continue to side-track any further.....)

No problem its fine...I'm glad you found it beneficial.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!