/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam all

7aheer
01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Assalamu-alaikum wa-rehmatullahi wa-barakatuhu

Hello everybody, my name is Zaheer, I joined to enjoy the company of other like minded people, to learn, to take part and have interesting conversations about Islam. I enjoy listening to Sheikh Hamza Yusuf's lectures, and nasheeds by Mahar Zain among others. I am interested in science and Islam, it is remarkable how so many things scientists are beginning to realise and discover, our Beloved Prophet Sallallaho alaihi wa-aalehee wasallam had already said or hinted at so many years ago. Islam is a beautiful and peaceful religion, its unfortunate some have tried to tarnish its rep, but those who are intelligent can see through all the name calling and bad publicity to see the beauty that is Islam.

I volunteer for a charity dedicated to helping the poor and needy descendants of Rasoolallah Sallallaho alaihi wa-aalehee wasallam, the charity is called Aale Muhammad Charity.

I hope you don't mind me saying a little about the charity.

As you may already know, it is not permitted for Syeds to accept zakat, sadqah, or fitrana, but they are allowed to accept gifts, and for this reason Aale Muhammad Charity was setup, to provide them with water pumps, water wells, food, and clothing, AMC also helps Syeds to start businesses by providing rickshaws or providing stock for stalls/shops so they can earn a living, support their families and become a beacon of hope for other Syeds.

The charity got registered last year and are working in a field not many charities consider, as they mainly get zakat or sadqah, so charities cannot help Syeds with those donations, also some Syeds believe strongly about this and will not accept zakat or sadqah if given. Everyone can help by supporting AMC, please also follow them on twitter and like them on facebook.

Wa-salaam.
Zaheer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to the forum

:ia: you shall have a beneficial stay and learn a lot here too

Muslim Woman
01-30-2013, 05:19 AM
:wa:

bro , Welcome here.

unknown12
01-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Welcome +1 for liking maher zain :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!