/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I come seeking guidance

ripamaru
01-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Hello everyone. My name is David. I live in Northwest Arkansas, USA.I come here because I feel allah has been guiding me to the truth. I was raised in a hard line christian family but I questioned thier religion from an early age. I was never able to swollow the idea of worshiping a human being or being surrounded by images intended to represent god among many other things.I have prayed heavily over the last two years for god to show me the way. I dont know what I expected but I didnt expect to be where I am.I am now quite certain that this is where god wants me. But I am rather clueless about exactly where to go from here. I have been reading the Quran. But I need guidance from someone with something like a similar experience.I have many questions, concerns, etc. This is obviously a huge, life altering decision. I am not surprised that the evil is trying to sow doubt and instill fear in me. But this knowledge alone doesnt complete defeat it.I would greatly appreciate someone taking the time to guide me on my journey.Thank you all and I hope to get to know many of you. David

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Peace be with you brother David :) and welcome aboard!

there are many converts/reverts on this forum. I hope that together we can help you out insha Allah. Allah is the one who gives guidance, we are only means to help you get where you are meant to go.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

- cOsMiC

Ramadan90
01-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Study Islam and you will see the truth brother. And welcome on board! There are many reverts here.

Muslim Woman
01-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Salaam/ Peace

Welcome here . Pl. feel free to ask about islam .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Peace be upon you David

I'm pleased to welcome you to the Forum, and Insha'Allah I pray that very soon I'll be more pleased as we will be welcoming you to Islam. To true and pure monotheism, the faith of Adam, Ibrahim, Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon them all.

As sister Cosmic mentioned, there are many reverts on this forum who have been on the same path that you are on, and are more than willing to assist you in any way possible. Insha'Allah keep asking Allah to guide you to the straight path and keep studying. We are here to assist you to the best of our ability, Insha'Allah, Allah is the best of helpers.

May Allah swt guide you and all of us to the straight path, that path that leads to his favor and mercy. Ameen

ripamaru
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcome.

I am planning to visit my local Islamic center very soon. Satan has tried very hard to push me off this path. I am glad to know that I must be going in the right direction to earn his attention.

I never felt that when my family pushed me toward Christianity. Satan was very silent. He is never silent when I try to do good.

Urban Turban
02-03-2013, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ripamaru
Thank you all for your warm welcome.

I am planning to visit my local Islamic center very soon. Satan has tried very hard to push me off this path. I am glad to know that I must be going in the right direction to earn his attention.

I never felt that when my family pushed me toward Christianity. Satan was very silent. He is never silent when I try to do good.
If you read the Islamic scriptures you'll find out Muslims love Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] more than the Christians do.

We even keep a beard like him :D and every time we take Jesus Christ's name we say 'peace be upon him' in the same manner we do to Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him].

Those who disbelieve in Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible are out of the fold of Islam. [There's more to this]

God willing you'll learn as you go along. Ameen.

Jesus Christ is known as Isa in Islam. Peace be upon him. Muslims believe He too was a Prophet like Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon them]

So I assure you'll only love Hadrath* Isa [peace be upon him] more than ever.
*Hadrath / Hazrath / Hazrat is a honorific title.

On the topic of Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] here's a great anecdote from his time:

Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] and half an atom worth of God's love. Awesome story.

http://theijtema.wordpress.com/2012/...illiant-story/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!