/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wire transfer from US?

manaal
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Assalamu Aleikum to all!

It's been a while since I posted. Had to moves countries, settle down and help my husband set up his new business.

This business, is a Travel Agent dealing with inbound tourism. Alhamdulillah we managed to bag a tour from an agent in the USA. But we are now facing a problem of receiving the due funds from the USA.

We provided the agent with a SWIFT code and BBAN as we do to all our agent. But for the bank in USA this is not enough.

Apparently, according to US security regulations, the banker of the US agent is unable to do a wire transfer to our account as we don't have an "IBAN" code. The country we operate in is one of the many outside of the EU and Middle East that does not participate in IBAN.

So I am wondering, how do US companies wire money to countries that don't have IBAN (e.g. Singapore, India)? Is there some other way we can receive funds from the USA directly into our account, as opposed to using Western Union money transfer?

Jazakallahu Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

Indonesia does not participate in IBAN. But I receive/received wire transfer from US direct to my bank account in Indonesia. What I need just SWIFT code.

manaal
02-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Salaams, and thanks for the reply.

It seems that this problem only lies with some banks. Not all banks in the USA hace such strict security regulations.

Alhamdulillah the problem was overcome and the money has been wired. So problem solved!

Note to mod: Please delete this thread as ot serves no further purpose.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!