/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim holy site magically transformed into King Solomon’s Temple

islamica
02-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Muslim holy site magically transformed into King Solomon’s Temple in Jerusalem tourism ad

A tourism advertisement produced by the Israeli Foreign Ministry was banned before it could be released, as it showed the CGI destruction of the Dome of the Rock, a Muslim holy site.

*The video features Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon speaking in front of the mosque, when it collapses – and from its ruins rises King Solomon’s Temple, meant to postulate the presence of Judaism in the region before Islam.

The ad was aimed to promote tourism in Jerusalem, which Israel considers to be its capital despite international near-consensus that the country's capital is Tel Aviv. In the clip, Ayalon describes the Jewish history of the city and shows off its cultural sights.

It is the fourth in a series of films publicized by the deputy foreign minister and the Foreign Ministry's public outreach department.

In the original version, Ayalon attempts to show Jerusalem’s ancient Jewish roots by placing a virtual temple atop the crumbling mosque, the Times of Israel reports.

Foreign Ministry officials decided to replace the scene with a dissolving rather than destroyed mosque, expressing fears that a depiction of the mosque's destruction could cause discontent among Muslims.

The film was banned from official release and was uploaded only onto Ayalon's Youtube Channel.

However, the film was denounced as part of the Israeli government's agenda of destroying the Arab-Islamic identity of Jerusalem.

Ikrima Sabri, the head of the Supreme Islamic Council in Jerusalem, said in a press statement that the ad is “a part of the [Israeli] occupation plans to reveal its hostile intentions towards the holy shrine," Al Arabiya reports.

According to Sabri, “the ad film shows that targeting the shrine is no longer limited to the extremist Jewish groups and that it is now vulnerable to many threats.”

It's not the first time Palestinians have voiced concerns about about Israel's policy towards Muslim cultural heritage in Jerusalem.

The Dome of the Rock is a highly revered shrine for Muslims, among whom it is also known Haram al-Sharif or Noble Sanctuary. Located on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem, Muslims believe it commemorates the Prophet Mohammed’s miraculous night journey into heaven.

It was constructed on the site of the First Temple built under Solomon, King of the Israelites, which was replaced by the Second Temple, destroyed during the siege of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD. Jewish eschatology includes a belief that the Second Temple will in turn be replaced by a future Third Temple.

Previously there have been other scandals connected with the mosque. There were allegations during the Israeli elections earlier in the year that Knesset candidate Jeremy Gimpel publicly called for the destruction of the Dome of the Rock.

browsephp?uFJvbOcnHBWoXrKpIZjhxMxDUsrJL5RlRJEgDer0 OdVsJ2FkGIgIRUXzyv15VwQ1BJSasaRffwTR7f1r72BWxatbho z4UbyvG8SZ7nXCDpaX1LQFG2BjIYfVb78oOaE82FT8Qw3D3D&ampb29 -

browsephp?uFJvbOcnHBWoXrKpIZjhxMxDUsrJL5RlRJEgDer0 OdVsJ2FkGIgIRUXzyv15VwQ1BJSasaRffwTR7f1qStR2tc7P0y xMUG0vqoX9rkWD74fCELWVDv0toDVvP8qNbY67DmVIU3D&ampb29 -

http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/i...on-temple-278/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Greetings and peace be with you islamica; thanks for sharing,

I honestly do not know what the solution should be to the Dome of the Rock, it has great meaning to Muslims, Jews and Christians. To the Jews it is the most holy of all holy places, and if you read their scriptures you will see how many times the Temple is mentioned and the reverence they place on this holy site. The Temple Mount and the original Temple was built some 1500 years before the Prophet pbuh lived. To the Christians it is where Jesus sent people to give thanks to God when he healed them.

I feel some kind of sharing would be the greatest solution, but when I went there three years ago, the politics of ownership seemed to be the prevailing demands from both sides. Christians seem to be on the sidelines as we recognize other places to have greater meaning to us.

The bottom line should be that all land belongs to God, we are all but temporary custodians, somehow we should seek to share all things as they were given to us by God and they belong to God.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Muslim Woman
02-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Salaam / Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
To the Christians it is where Jesus sent people to give thanks to God when he healed them.
did not know about this . Thanks for sharing.

sister herb
02-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Salam alaykum

I agree basicly the opinions of Eric H but I am not Palestinian neither Jew Zionist living in that area and they the political tensions are very high right now.

Think about Ibrahim mosque in the al-Khalil/Hebron by its Hebrew name. There is days when Jews can pray and days when Muslims can pray there, in separated parts of that building. Others claim it is originally Jewish and others it is originally Islamic.

In there at the 1994 zionist settler went to mosque and started to shoot praying muslims. 29 adults and children killed - murderer too after that.

How we could find peace to the most holy and the most wanted land with people whose think it is ok to kill prayers because they seems to be your enemies?

imsad I have wondered this almost all my life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
02-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Al-Aqsa and this Sacred site goes beyond the israeli-palestinian dimension or even the arab-israeli one. If anything like the obvious intentions of these people takes place, then may Allah swt give us the strength and patience to endure what will follow.

sister herb
02-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Palestine is a problem basicly as it is the Promised Land.

Promised to too many during history.

:phew

Persian
02-03-2013, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Palestine is a problem basicly as it is the Promised Land.

Promised to too many during history.

:phew
I don't know who would want that land if it had no religious significance.
I mean it has no oil, and it's a dry land.
Economically speaking, the Iranian plateau is a much better land to own. It has oil, and its not that dry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!