/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brother when looking to marry how important is it that the girls parents are working?

anonymous
02-03-2013, 06:14 PM
or have a good job since they will be grandparents to your kids? does it really that matter? I was speaking to a potential suitor and he said it was important and it made me change my whole thinking. When marrying its not just 2 people marrying its 2 families and it would be difficult.I guess I should marry into the same social class as me or go 'back home' to get married. But even their people are rich and snobby....perhaps no marriage i guess :embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Depends on the person/the person's family. I would guess that for most people, it may not even register whilst a minority would be uncomfortable with it.

tigerkhan
02-03-2013, 11:56 PM
:sl:
for me its 0% important....

ardianto
02-04-2013, 01:55 AM
My father graduated from a famous university in Indonesia, and got short studies in UC Berkeley, in Hawaii, and in Japan. His last position before he passed away was head of the region in a govt department. While my father in-law was a low level civilian employee in military who went to office rode old bicycle because he was poor. He never went to high school.

But social class diversity is not important for me. I treated my father in-law like I treated my father. I gave him same respect, same honor like I gave to my father. (my father in-law passed away few years ago)

Is the women parent job is important for men who propose marriage?. Depend on the men themselves.

I was born in middle class family, and I educated well, Alhamdulillah. And the important lesson that taught to me by my Islamic teachers was "do not differentiate people based on social class, because in the hereafter, there's no rich people, there's no poor people"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
02-04-2013, 05:28 AM
As salaam mualaikum.

No doubt it's so much easier to marry someone from the same background. Successful marriages between different social circles is the exception not the rule. Storybook endings should be acknowledged for what they are, which is a storybook ending in a storybook. I would say it is important to investigate the background of the other party's family before making any commitment. After all how would you know the fruit if you do not know the tree. A person's character is formed by the family that he is raised in. I am not saying that it's impossible for a person to escape the influence of his family upbringing but such people are not common.

WalLahu aklam.

Abdul Fattah
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Aselam aleykum
I guess the more important issue is, Should you re-think your aproach because of what somebody else thinks? You need to figure what's important to you!

ardianto
02-09-2013, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
As salaam mualaikum.

No doubt it's so much easier to marry someone from the same background. Successful marriages between different social circles is the exception not the rule. Storybook endings should be acknowledged for what they are, which is a storybook ending in a storybook. I would say it is important to investigate the background of the other party's family before making any commitment. After all how would you know the fruit if you do not know the tree. A person's character is formed by the family that he is raised in. I am not saying that it's impossible for a person to escape the influence of his family upbringing but such people are not common.

WalLahu aklam.
Assalamualaikum

Different background cause different family upbringing, and it cause different mindset. This is what people do not aware.

Different background should not become obstacle to get married. However, those who get married with spouses from different background should understand if their spouses have mindset that far different than their. Yes. it's easier to marry someone from same background because this 'mindset gap' is not far like if we marry someone from different background.

It's good if we know someone mindset before we make commitment.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!