/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Selling books about interest rate?

Aishath
02-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I completed my studies in Finance and a lot of the books I have (if not all) have extensive chapters on interest, how to use it, manage it etc. other books like marketing have chapters on what might not be considered as halal methods of marketing as well and so on in all these books. There is some form of haram teaching in all of them I think as I studied in a Western university.

I am wondering if there is anything wrong in me selling them though now that I have finished using them. I wondered if there might be something wrong as a non-Muslim could purchase these, benefit from them and the work they do could involve haram things. But is that too far fetched or would it be better for me to just put these in recycling?

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sisnadi
07-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Masha'Allah, I admit I have no knowledge regarding a ruling in this situation but I do admire your caution in this matter. Riba is indeed a major sin, May Allah help us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!