/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do all Muslims go to Jannah eventually?

Osman18
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Salam,

Correct me if I'm wrong. I heard that eventually all Muslims will go to jannah so technically jahanam is like prison you do your sentence? But then again I thought hell is eternal and Jannah is eternal as well so whoever goes to either it will be eternal? Plus I read a thread where a person posted a Hadith.

LAST PERSON TO LEAVE HELL & ENTER HEAVEN

"The Messenger of Allâh (saw) said, "I know the last of the people of Hell who will be brought forth from it, and the last of the people of Paradise to enter it. It is a man who will come out of Hell crawling on all fours." Allâh will say to him, "Go and enter Paradise".

So does that mean even Non believers or non Muslims will enter Jannah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-07-2013, 03:50 AM
:wa::wa:

Muslims who have not associated partners with Allah but committed others sins will be in hell for few days / months / years . Later they will be forgiven and will enter paradise .

Hell is eternal for disbelivers - there are many verses in Quran about the matter.

But those who disbelieve and belie Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) such are the dwellers of the fire, they shall abide therein forever.

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #39)

Yes! Whosoever earns evil and his sin has surrounded him, they are dwellers of the fire(i.e. Hell); they will dwell therein forever.

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #81)

Allah has promised the hypocrites; men and women, and the disbelievers, the fire of Hell, therein shall they abide. It will suffice them. Allah has cursed them and for them is the lasting torment.

( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #68)

Osman18
02-07-2013, 05:25 AM
That's the thing I don't really get. Prophet Muhammad pbuh states that the last person leaving hell and entering paradise will be crawling and Allah will say to him "enter onto paradise"

LAST person, meaning no one else will be in there right??

Muhaba
02-07-2013, 08:05 AM
You never know if you'll die with the faith of islam! The devil comes to people at the time of death and tries to wrong them - May Allah protect us! To some he comes in the figure of their grandparents and begs them to convert to christianity or judiasm or other. If at that time someone does leave the faith of Islam, they will be ruined forever!!!

consider a person who claims to be a muslim but doesn't pray and doesn't obey any of the commands of Islam. He/she lives life like a kafir but thinks that being a muslim is all that's necessary and after he has spent his "sentence" in hell he/she will eventually go to heaven. But can he / she know that he/she will die with the faith of Islam? If he/she's lived thir whole life like a kafir, whos there to say that he/she won't convert to kufr at the last moments???

There's a book on husni-khatima and soo'i khatima (Good and bad ends) that everyone should read. It's in arabic but ther may be translations. May Allah give us good ends and protect us from bad ones.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
02-07-2013, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman18
That's the thing I don't really get. Prophet Muhammad pbuh states that the last person leaving hell and entering paradise will be crawling and Allah will say to him "enter onto paradise"

LAST person, meaning no one else will be in there right??
last person to leave hell. the rest of the people in hell will remain their forever.

consider the sentence: last person to board the plane. does that mean there are no more people left at the airport? no.

Osman18
02-07-2013, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
last person to leave hell. the rest of the people in hell will remain their forever.

consider the sentence: last person to board the plane. does that mean there are no more people left at the airport? no.
That makes sense. JazakAllah

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
consider a person who claims to be a muslim but doesn't pray and doesn't obey any of the commands of Islam. He/she lives life like a kafir but thinks that being a muslim is all that's necessary and after he has spent his "sentence" in hell he/she will eventually go to heaven. But can he / she know that he/she will die with the faith of Islam? If he/she's lived thir whole life like a kafir, whos there to say that he/she won't convert to kufr at the last moments???
Someone who is Muslim and doesn't pray is NOT a Kafir. This word is used way too freely by muslims, how sad. A kafir is somebody who covers up the truth, not somebody who doesn't pray. Read surat al Kafirun, and you will see that the people addressed as Kafirs are those who were given the message CLEARLY, mircales and all, yet they were too arrogant and puffed up to accept it. That isn't the same as a person who's Imaan is on the low side and lives a sinful life, they may not be praying or adhering to laws strictly but they are not denying the one-ness of Allah swt. Therefore they are not covering up any truth, they are not Kafir. They are sinners.

Also, a believer who prays 5 times a day and is known among everyone as a great muslim can die a disbeliever, and vise versa. So just because a person lived in sin, doesn't mean their chances of them going back to their ways and dying a disbeliever is higher, it can happen to the best of muslims.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack, just had to clear this up, as I see the word Kufr and Kafirs being thrown around like nothing. It is a serious issue!

As far as the original topic, I think it has been explained well. The last one to come to Jannah is just the last one "boarding", some folk will be left to burn for eternity. So, lets not take our sins lightly, hellfire will not be pleasant so we should be aiming for NO time there. insha Allah.

- cOsMiC

Ali_008
02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
:wasalamex

Try to think of the answer to this question: Do all students of Harvard go on to make products like Facebook, and become as successful as Mark Zuckerberg?

The answer is no. Obviously, only the cream of the crop work hard, and make a name for themselves, and expecting everybody else who have similar roots to end up with them is unrealistic. Similarly, only those Muslims who strive hard in the way of Allah, and hold fast to the principles of Islam can be expected to go to heaven inshaAllah.

And Allah knows best.

'Abd-al Latif
02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
Someone who is Muslim and doesn't pray is NOT a Kafir. This word is used way too freely by muslims, how sad. A kafir is somebody who covers up the truth, not somebody who doesn't pray. Read surat al Kafirun, and you will see that the people addressed as Kafirs are those who were given the message CLEARLY, mircales and all, yet they were too arrogant and puffed up to accept it. That isn't the same as a person who's Imaan is on the low side and lives a sinful life, they may not be praying or adhering to laws strictly but they are not denying the one-ness of Allah swt. Therefore they are not covering up any truth, they are not Kafir. They are sinners.

Also, a believer who prays 5 times a day and is known among everyone as a great muslim can die a disbeliever, and vise versa. So just because a person lived in sin, doesn't mean their chances of them going back to their ways and dying a disbeliever is higher, it can happen to the best of muslims.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack, just had to clear this up, as I see the word Kufr and Kafirs being thrown around like nothing. It is a serious issue!

As far as the original topic, I think it has been explained well. The last one to come to Jannah is just the last one "boarding", some folk will be left to burn for eternity. So, lets not take our sins lightly, hellfire will not be pleasant so we should be aiming for NO time there. insha Allah.

- cOsMiC
The one who doesn't pray is a kafir sis but it is not up to the layman to make takfeer (call someone a kafir) on an individual, even if one doesn't see the person in question praying.

This is proven in a hadeeth in Muslim where the Messenger :saws1: said that the one who says laa-ilaaha illullaah seeking Allah's face, Allah will make the fire forbidden for him. In explaning this hadeeth Al-Hasan Al-Basri (rahimullah) said that repeating this statement alone will not cause the fire to be forbidden for a Muslim, but it is until all the conditions attached to laa-ilaaha illullaah are fulfilled.

One of the fundamental conditions of laa-ilaaha illullaah include worshipping Allah, with salaah being at the core of this statement. If salaah deliberately becomes missing then one becomes a kaafir. However, as I said before it is not up to the common folk to decide who is a Muslim and who isn't based on what one hears or sees.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
The one who doesn't pray is a kafir sis but it is not up to the layman to make takfeer (call someone a kafir) on an individual, even if one doesn't see the person in question praying.

This is proven in a hadeeth in Muslim where the Messenger said that the one who says laa-ilaaha illullaah seeking Allah's face, Allah will make the fire forbidden for him. In explaning this hadeeth Al-Hasan Al-Basri (rahimullah) said that repeating this statement alone will not cause the fire to be forbidden for a Muslim, but it is until all the conditions attached to laa-ilaaha illullaah are fulfilled.

One of the fundamental conditions of laa-ilaaha illullaah include worshipping Allah, with salaah being at the core of this statement. If salaah deliberately becomes missing then one becomes a kaafir. However, as I said before it is not up to the common folk to decide who is a Muslim and who isn't based on what one hears or sees.
What is the context of this hadith? when did the prophet (saw) say it and why? Also, what is the root of the word kafir? All of this matters. I'm not a fan of translation for many reasons, one being twisted understanding of things, which is why one should strive to comprehend the arabic language well(not saying I'm an expert by any means, still learning here). I'm also not a fan of using hadith or Quran without its context because it can easily be misunderstood and misused.

I do Agree with some of your post, no layman, in fact no man period can decide who is a kafir or who isn't. This doesn't take away the fact that this word is used very freely among muslims and it is a very bad thing for the reason just stated. I only spoke out because I want to see it STOP. It is disturbing.

- cOsMiC

'Abd-al Latif
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn

What is the context of this hadith? when did the prophet (saw) say it and why? Also, what is the root of the word kafir? All of this matters. I'm not a fan of translation for many reasons, one being twisted understanding of things, which is why one should strive to comprehend the arabic language well(not saying I'm an expert by any means, still learning here). I'm also not a fan of using hadith or Quran without its context because it can easily be misunderstood and misused.

I do Agree with some of your post, no layman, in fact no man period can decide who is a kafir or who isn't. This doesn't take away the fact that this word is used very freely among muslims and it is a very bad thing for the reason just stated. I only spoke out because I want to see it STOP. It is disturbing.

- cOsMiC
Sis it's not just one hadeeth but multiple ayaat and ahadeeth have explicitly mentioned salaah as being a fundamental pillar of belief in Allah and an absence of it as disbelief.

Allah says about those who neglected the salaah:

فَخَلَفَ مِنۢ بَعۡدِهِمۡ خَلۡفٌ أَضَاعُواْ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَٱتَّبَعُواْ ٱلشَّہَوَٲتِ*ۖ فَسَوۡفَ يَلۡقَوۡنَ غَيًّا (٥٩) إِلَّا مَن تَابَ وَءَامَنَ وَعَمِلَ صَـٰلِحً۬ا فَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ يَدۡخُلُونَ ٱلۡجَنَّةَ وَلَا يُظۡلَمُونَ شَيۡـًٔ۬ا

Then there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salaat (the prayers) and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic monotheism), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught. (Qur'an 19:59-60)

The Messenger :saws1: said:

Between a man and shirk (polytheism) and kufr (disbelief) there stands his neglect of the prayer. (Narrated in Muslim).

He :saws1: also said:

Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) say: 'The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is the prayer and whoever neglects it has disbelieved (become a kaafir).'" (Narrated in Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

Ibn Taymiyyah said about missing the prayer:

As for the one who does not pray sometimes and does not make them up and does not intend to make them up, or he misses some of the obligatory parts of the prayer and does not make them up or intend to make them up, many of our companions ruled that he becomes a kaafir thereby. Then when he prays again he becomes a believer, as is indicated by the words of the Prophet (:saws1:):

"Whoever misses ‘Asr prayer deliberately, his good deeds will be lost."

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"Whoever misses a prayer deliberately is no longer under the protection of Allah."

But again I want to emphasise that a person may have committed kufr but the layman cannot decide who is and isn't a kafir. This is up to the scholars, and if one notices one hardly ever hears the scholars making takfeer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!