/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My brother is quickly losing faith

zeinaess
02-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Salam aleikoum,
These last few years my brother has been quickly losing faith, almost to the point where he doesn't believe in Allah swt. He makes some remarks and things that I find very offensive against Islam and religion in general. I constantly make du'a, but at the same time, I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm really scared for him, because I don't want anything bad to happen to him...later on. It started when my parents got divorced and he left with my father, both he and my father had lost their faith, but my father, quickly gained it back and felt foolish for having let it go - I hope you understand what I'm saying. When my father tried to talk to my brother about it, it made my brother push Islam away. Whenever either my sisters, my mom, my father and I try to talk to him, he just gets more against the religion. He is my brother, and I love him, but I'm running out of things to do. I don't want him to suffer. Any suggestions on what I have to do?

JazakAllah to everyone reading and answering,

Salam,

Zeina

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Aselam aleykum
Well for one thing, you're right to focus on dua, If Allah subhaan wa ta'ala wants somebody to wander away form religion that nobody can guide him back.
However Ithink you should try and have an open talk about it. Listen to what's botherring him, try to focus on listening to his tory first, rather then just pushing your views. If you want to help your brother, you'll need to understand why he needs help in the first place. You can come back and forth here for advice if you wish. But remember, you can't help people that don't want to be helped! No matter how much you try.
MAy Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide your brother

syed_z
02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum....

Actually I was thinking about a Hadith after reading your post and I have these hadith to share because we're living in the End Times (i.e. mankind has entered the last Hour (age) before the end of the world) according to several Islamic Scholars worldwide because many signs told by the Messenger of Allah (saw) have come to the fore....

Therefore many people are moving away from Islam because of the severe trials and tests that mankind is going through in this age of ours.....as the Prophet himself called the last hour the age of Fitan (extreme trials), where people's faith will be tested by all means....

Sayyidina Anas ibn Malik (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “As the Hour approaches, there will be trials like a portion of a dark night. A man who wakes up in it as a believer turns a disbeliever in the evening. Or, he is believer in the evening but wakes up a disbeliever in the morning. People will sell their religion for a little of this world.” (Tirmizi)

Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger said, “Set about doing (good) deeds before trials engulf you like a portion of a dark night (when) a man commences his morning as a believer but becomes a disbeliever by evening, or is a believer in the evening and morning finds him a disbeliever. He sells his religion against a little of this world.” [Ahmed 8036, Muslim 118] (2203)

Prophet (saw) said "Behold people have entered God's religion in hosts and will leave it in hosts."

All you can do is keep informing him kindly and praying for him.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Allah guides whom he wills. keep trying but always believe in your heart that Allah knows best and never is unjust. Allah is most wise and you should always accept destiny as Allah wills for that reason.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!