/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any tips?

Osman18
02-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Salam to all,

I was wondering if any of you can suggest me some tips/ideas on becoming a good Muslim? I admire prophet Muhammad (pbuh) especially his manners and humbleness. I would love to become like him at least a quarter of his characteristics.

I'm 16 I don't smoke, drink, party, sex for these I am capable of taming my temptation. I would love to be able to pray 5x a day but I find it a bit hard for me because of wudu like when I go to urinate I sometimes forget to wash and after that I just can't be bothered having a shower. But one major thing is that my mother, I mean i look up to her. When I was a bit younger (around 10) she used to bug me a bit about praying and fasting and stuff. But now I would sadly say that the tables have turned. By that I mean she went astray, she smokes, dresses unapproiately, swears, fornication, drinks sometimes (last time I remember was like a year ago), boyfriend. I'm of 6 children ( 2 young sisters ages: 6month and 6yrs), two young brothers ages: 10 and 12 and one older brother,19. My mother is a very bad role model I hate to say that but it is what it is. Ever since I developed some real mature thoughts I wanted to become a good Muslim to please Allah and also to set an example for my siblings especially my sisters. I know that I have a very good heart and I will always testify that but sometimes I just don't think of my mother as anything else but my food and shelter provider. I don't really enjoy talking to her or being around her but Allah for sure can know that I have a very kind heart. If anything my number one worldy affection is my siblings especially my sisters.

Any tips will be appreciated a bunch.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!