/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do we dislike death??

Periwinkle18
02-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Indian Bro
02-10-2013, 03:20 PM
As-salamu alaykum,

So true, when you speak about death many people DON'T want to talk about it, they'll try everything in their power to evade the topic. I remember before Allah (s.w.t.) gave me guidance I used to hate it when people discussed about death, like as if Shaytan was whispering inside me "Get out of this place, you don't want to listen to this", but in fact this is something NO one can escape! Ironically it is the thing which is least spoken of.

Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion. [3:185]

JazakAllah khairan for the video and reminder, may Allah (s.w.t.) guide us all to the straight path.

Salam 3laikum

Periwinkle18
02-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Ameen .

Muhaba
02-10-2013, 03:33 PM
It may have to do with the fact that we haven't prepared well enough for the Aakhirah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
02-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Honestly, I think the fear of death stems primarily from the fear of the unknown. No matter what your beliefs are, I think we can admit that nobody truly knows what happens after you die, and this is frightening to most people.

Muhaba
02-14-2013, 01:57 PM
^no, that is not true. i think it's because the human souls knows what will happen after death so the person is afraid of dying. and no matter how difficult or painful life may become, one doesn't want to die. on the other hand, those who are very righteous are not that afraid of dying.

another thing is that our belief should be so strong that we should never think that one doesn't know what will happen after death. It's true that we may not know exactly what will happen to any particular person since their condition in the grave depends on whether they have been righteous and on the right Path or not, but still we do know what will happen in general.

muslimah bird
02-15-2013, 05:03 PM
i think people are afraid as it is painful

Cabdullahi
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
We dislike death to such an extent that Ephemeral Paradise did not win the story contest, even though it was the most complete story amongst the other stories, in terms of structure, quantity of different things happening all fitted in to meet the 5000 word constraint, the message being put forth which will undoubtedly enlighten folks, and last but not least, the quality of writing, save the minor grammatical and punctuation errors.

I suppose i hate death too since it didn't get my vote. May Allah guide us to the straight path.

iRock
02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
So how many members here like death , raise your hand please ?
How many members here like to see the deaths of your father , mother , children , friend , all people around you ?

Periwinkle18
02-17-2013, 03:04 PM
I guess we dislike it Cuz we're not prepared for it. Buh those who are subhanAllah those who are not afraid of it, look at them they're ready to give they're lives for Allah...

iRock
02-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Yes , but only when Allah want you to do it , but in my opinion , not a lot of time he want us to do it . All of us some day will die , but die for the best way , the best way , not a awful way .

Periwinkle18
02-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Recite surah taubah akhi InshaAllah you'll understand

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!