/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just dropping in to say hello...

GodIsAll
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
As some of you remember, I built some space onto my existing home to accomodate my mother in law so we could care for her. A couple of months after she moved in, she had another stroke, leaving her quite debilitated.

Things have been busy. Taking care of all of her needs (as well as having careers and being parents) has been quite exhausting. We're making it, though! My wife and I try to remind each other to do this duty with love in our hearts and that this is what task God has assigned us right now. She cannot be left unattended, so on the evenings and weekends, we take shifts to run out for food or whatever we all need. Leaving together for anything is just not an option.

Keep in mind this building project was a huge undertaking. A month prior to that, we lived with my mother for several months to help her in her final stages of cancer. Right before that, we lived with her mother/father to help them as he was dying of cancer. Its been a long haul of servitude to our loved ones.

All that being said, it is rare that I can find a moment to get on this site (which I have genuinely enjoyed), much less post. I just wanted to take time today to log on and say "hello" to all the fine people on here. Know you all are still on my mind and in my heart and I have missed communicating with you.

May you be blessed indeed.

GIA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Hello old friend, good to hear you taking care of business. I think sometimes we get caught up with our occupation that we forget that our real job is to be a responsible son/husband/father/etc and that our occupation is just to help us with our real job.

I've been busy myself, so take good care alright.

GodIsAll
02-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Ah, Hulk...

It is good to hear from you. Yes, I have had to put family ahead of my career these past few years like never before. I am blessed to have understanding administrators who never once bothered me about so many days missed and such.

Here's hoping that your "business" is productive, enlightening and fruitful.

As always, a joy to know you're alive and well.

Peace...

Qurratul Ayn
02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Welcome back, dear GodIsAll

format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
A couple of months after she moved in, she had another stroke, leaving her quite debilitated.
God-willing she shall become better soon...

Things have been busy. Taking care of all of her needs (as well as having careers and being parents) has been quite exhausting. We're making it, though!
Of course it will be exhausting but nothing is too much to bear especially for all our beloved parents!

A month prior to that, we lived with my mother for several months to help her in her final stages of cancer. Right before that, we lived with her mother/father to help them as he was dying of cancer. Its been a long haul of servitude to our loved ones.
It's very saddening to hear such illnesses in families and it being the cause of deaths, our condolences :cry: We shall all return to The Almighty in the end, one way or another. We can never repay them back (the precious human beings that are parents) but we can most certainly try our best and it seems you and your beloved wife have done amazingly. It's all worth the effort.

All that being said, it is rare that I can find a moment to get on this site (which I have genuinely enjoyed), much less post. I just wanted to take time today to log on and say "hello" to all the fine people on here. Know you all are still on my mind and in my heart and I have missed communicating with you.
Well, you have been a tad busy, no?! It's good to see you posting again

Making Du'a always

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abcdcool2012
02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
As some of you remember, I built some space onto my existing home to accomodate my mother in law so we could care for her. A couple of months after she moved in, she had another stroke, leaving her quite debilitated.

Things have been busy. Taking care of all of her needs (as well as having careers and being parents) has been quite exhausting. We're making it, though! My wife and I try to remind each other to do this duty with love in our hearts and that this is what task God has assigned us right now. She cannot be left unattended, so on the evenings and weekends, we take shifts to run out for food or whatever we all need. Leaving together for anything is just not an option.

Keep in mind this building project was a huge undertaking. A month prior to that, we lived with my mother for several months to help her in her final stages of cancer. Right before that, we lived with her mother/father to help them as he was dying of cancer. Its been a long haul of servitude to our loved ones.

GIA

May Allah SWT make it easy for you brother...AMEEN

iRock
02-14-2013, 02:17 PM

GIA
Hello , I'm a new member of this forum .:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!