/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Happiness

ncarolinahs
02-14-2013, 03:58 AM
Al Hasan Al Basri said “Seek happiness in one of three things: Seek happiness in the recitation of the Quran, and in Dhikr of Allah, and in the Salah. If you do not find happiness in these three matters then know that the door to happiness has been shut for you.”

Subhanallah, amazing how we search for happiness in so many other places, from our family, friends, relatives, seeking power, wealth, status, and fame. We keep blindly chasing these things year after year thinking that one day it will satisfy our desire for true peace and tranquility. If we only listened to the words of our pious predecessors and paid more attention to the Quran:

"Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!" - Surah Ra'd (13) Ayah 28

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
02-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Such beautiful words.

SyrianFellow
04-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Surely words of a wise man. Jazak Allahu Khairan for posting! This sure is an imaan booster.

Futuwwa
04-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I do not usually find happiness in any of those things, but its door has certainly not been shut for me. I think the good imam overreaches.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I do not usually find happiness in any of those things, but its door has certainly not been shut for me. I think the good imam overreaches.
How is the imam "overreaching"?

Futuwwa
04-11-2013, 06:33 PM
By stating that nobody can be happy without either Quran, dhikr or salat. That would imply, for one, that only Muslims can be happy. And that a Muslim who doesn't find happiness in those three things can't find it elsewhere either.

Ramadan90
04-11-2013, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
By stating that nobody can be happy without either Quran, dhikr or salat. That would imply, for one, that only Muslims can be happy. And that a Muslim who doesn't find happiness in those three things can't find it elsewhere either.
Where else do you find the same contentment you feel doing dikr, reading quran and praying salah? Only true muslims can feel true contentment. And yes, if you cant find contentment in those three things, then I can promise you that you will not find it anywhere. No money in the world will give you the same contentment and satisfaction as praying a salah.

Futuwwa
04-12-2013, 05:23 AM
You overreach too if you mantain that everyone, or every true Muslim, would be like you in that.

I found happiness and contentment, but not in those things, but in completing half my deen.

Al-Mufarridun
04-12-2013, 09:21 AM
:sl:

There are many levels of happiness.

You can be happy as a Cow. Cattle
You can be happy as a Hyena. Predator
You can be happy as a Shaytaan. Devilish
or
You can be, aspire to be, as Happy as an Angel.

Cows
find their happiness - by eating, drinking, sleeping and copulating.
Hyenas find their happiness - Cattle's + killing, robbing, stealing.
Devels find their happiness - by plotting, scheming evil, seeking to be lord over others.

and

Angels find their Happiness - by being in the Presence of Allah(swt) The Source. Constant state of Dhikr, remembrance.

Reciting the Quran is Dhikr.
Salah is the best form of Dhikr - heart, mind, body, soul, all unified in Dhikr.

Ya Allaah, you are the source of Happiness, We ask you to grant us by your mercy the greatest form of Happiness. Ameen ya Rabb!!
O Allah we ask you to help us find happiness in every matter that pleases you. Ameen!

Allah :swt: Knows best!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!