/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel very depressed, please help!

islam.peace
02-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Salaam brothers and sisters,
I am a teenager and I am 15 years old. I am very tensed these days, and I feel very cranky and annoyed most of the times. I misbehave with anyone who even jokes around with me or even tries to give me any sort of advice. I lack self confidence. I am very attached to the world's material like things like my iphone, cars and other things. I listen to music most of the time to overcome my depression, I read namaz sometimes like once or twice a day sometimes. My mother tells me I am depressed because of my lack of Iman in Allah, and now i feel yes I may feel depressed or annoyed most of the times on even little things because of the lack of my Iman. Is there anyway I can overcome my depression, like any dua I can read? Please help me. I really want to change.
Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
02-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Many ways to overcome depression, simplest one is make wudu perform Extra nafl prayer and make dua

Innocent Soul
02-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Assalamualaikum
Your faith is in your own hands. You have to improve yourself for your religion. You can tell your hardships to Allah ask him and never loose hope. You don't everything good or bad that happened will have a great impact on you can decide whether it is positive or negative. You just need to see good in everything you should always expect good from Allah.

Motivate yourself with the help of Quran and hadith.

Remember Allah he is the best planner and the one who knows all your problems.

Enjoin good and forbid the evil.

Stop listening music and all the bad things you do first. .

You can listen to Quran recitation with translation and remember this world is going to end really soon. We all should die as a good Muslim and die striving to be one.

Allah loves you he wants you to remember him during your trials and at the time of happiness.

Be slow but consistent take one thing at a time and believe praying to your lord whole heartedly is the best thing you can do to make yourself happy. You can also try helping others and making them happy.

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ]
(Surat Al Baqarah 2:45)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said,
"If any one of you improve (follows strictly) his Islamic religion then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is."
(Sahih bukhari . Book #2, Hadith #40)

Muhaba
02-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Your turning to the wrong things to remove your depression while not doing that which will actually remove it. Allah says in the Holy Quran that we can attain peace of mind by doing zikr and the prayer is one form of zikr and it's even obligatory. So not doing it will rempve your peace of mind. In a hadith it was stated that when some Companions do zikr/recite Quran, they fall asleep fast. on the other hand, when someone is listening to music they can't sleep. They were told that recitation of Quran was like sleeping on a comfortable mattress which put them to sleep fast. on the other hand, listening to music was like lying on thorns. (This was related in a hadith but the actual words of the hadith are unknown to me).

So if you want to get peace of mind, stop listening to music. it is my personal expereince that listening to music increases one's anxiety.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
02-17-2013, 12:43 PM
:sl:
I think mostly in teen ages these issued arrises bcz of lack of good company. So most helpful for u in this situation is to go to masjid n sit with the company of piou ppl n learn eman n Islam.

Al-Mufarridun
02-17-2013, 12:50 PM

Please listen to these two lectures, Insha'Allah you'll benefit from them.

Anti Depressant (Part 1) - Dr. Hatem Al Haj Download
Anti Depressant (Part 2) - Dr. Hatem Al Haj Download

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
I think mostly in teen ages these issued arrises bcz of lack of good company. So most helpful for u in this situation is to go to masjid n sit with the company of piou ppl n learn eman n Islam.
Very true. That is one of the points that the Sheikh Dr. Hatem al Haj mentions in those lectures. Keeping good company and mixing with the right people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!