/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turning to Allah in every situation

ncarolinahs
02-20-2013, 04:43 AM
It is He who enables you to travel on land and sea until, when you are in ships and they sail with them by a good wind and they rejoice therein, there comes a storm wind and the waves come upon them from everywhere and they assume that they are surrounded, supplicating Allah , sincere to Him in religion, "If You should save us from this, we will surely be among the thankful." But when He saves them, at once they commit injustice upon the earth without right. O mankind, your injustice is only against yourselves, [being merely] the enjoyment of worldly life. Then to Us is your return, and We will inform you of what you used to do.
Surah Yunus Ayah 22 & 23

Do we supplicate to Allah only when we are in trouble? Do we make mention of Allah's favors in times of ease? As desperately we call out to Him in times of need, we must realize that we are just as desperately in need of Him when everything seems fine. May Allah make us of those who turn towards Him in every situation, good or bad. As Rasulullah (S) said, "Strange is the affair of the Mu'min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (Saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the Mu'min." [Sahih Muslim]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Loren
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ncarolinahs
Do we supplicate to Allah only when we are in trouble? Do we make mention of Allah's favors in times of ease? As desperately we call out to Him in times of need, we must realize that we are just as desperately in need of Him when everything seems fine.
As'alaamu Alaikkum

I think I'm correct in saying that those verses refer to the hypocrites. When one is in mortal danger the very instinct of all of us is to call to God even the non-believers. At that very instant one becomes fully aware of God as if he just woke up to reality. But as soon as he is saved he goes back to his old ways and forget Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

You are right when you say that one must supplicate to Him at all times. This is what a true believer does.

ncarolinahs
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Thank you for your comment brother Abu Loren, but truthfully speaking we all have to be careful about hypocrisy, not just those people who are openly considered hypocrites, because we don't know how good we actually are!

Muslim Woman
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
:sl:

just read a story related to the thread.

A couple in the boat ♥

A man just got married and was returning home with his wife. They were crossing a lake in a boat, when suddenly a great storm arose. The man was a warrior, but the woman became afraid because it seemed almost hopeless.

The boat was small and the storm was really huge, and any moment they were going to be drowned. But the man sat silently, calm and quiet, as if nothing was happening.

The woman was trembling and she said : “Are you not afraid? This may be our last moment of life! It doesn't seem that we will be able to reach the other shore. Only some miracle can save us; otherwise death is certain. Are you not afraid? Are you mad or something? Are you a stone or something?"

The man laughed and took the sword out of its sheath. The woman was even more puzzled: What was he doing? Then he brought the naked sword close to the woman’s throat, so close that just a small gap was there, it was almost touching her.

He said, "Are you afraid?”
She started to laugh and said, "Why should I be afraid? If the sword is in your hands, why I should be afraid? I know you love me."

He put the sword back and said, "This is my answer. I know Allah Loves me, and the storm is in His hands SO WHATEVER IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS GOING TO BE GOOD FOR ME! If we survive, good; if we don’t survive, good ,because everything is in His hands and He will not do anything wrong."

Allah( Subhana wa taaala) says in the Qur'an :
“But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.” (Al Qur'an, 2:216).

Make a habit of saying Alhamdulillah and acknowledge Allah in everything you do. It’s very easy to forget and to neglect this. Acknowledging Allah as often as possible will save you from becoming selfish, self-centered and proud.

Therefore, Brothers and Sisters, always be optimistic and respond with “Alhamdulillah” and Remember that Everything that happens with you is for your own good!

Alhamdulilahi Rabbil A'alameen! ♥

I love Allah blog

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ncarolinahs
02-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Thank you for the reminder sister, may Allah bless you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!