/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reciting quran in front of male, non-mahram teacher

anonymous
02-20-2013, 07:56 PM
asalaamu alaykum, i want to know whether a muslim woman is allowed to read quran in front of a teacher (who is male). my intention is so that my quran recitation can be corrected and so far i havent found a woman teacher and this is really my last option. Because&nbsp;since i'm trying to read the quran with tajweed, it would be easier to read it in a beautiful way rather than abruptly but would it be considered not right to read in a melodious voice, is it allowed in the deen, what should i do?&nbsp;(bearing in mind that maybe your voice may be in earshot of other men who may hear you)<br><br><br>jzk brothers and sisters

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
anyone?

Muslim Woman
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
:wa:

are u going to do it online or in private ? It's not allowed to stay with opposite gender in private alone . Satan will be the 3rd companion .

Can't u find a female techer online ? did u contact ur local mosque ?

anonymous
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM
jzk for the reply sister..i'm not the only student, there are going to be other students too and i just wanted to know how you should recite?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
02-21-2013, 04:31 PM
:sl:

Fatwa No : 90780
A man teaching Quran classes to a group of ladies

Is it permissible for the young Aalim to conduct classes to a group of ladies - not a single woman - without any veil? Does the condition 'a group of ladies' validate the permissibility? It is worthwhile to mention that in our locality, ladies wear Hijaab uncovering their faces and hands.

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

In principle, it is permissible for a man to teach women religious studies, there is much evidence on female companions reporting from male companions and vice-versa.

However, the religious obligations should be met when doing so; the woman should wear her proper Hijaab, she should not apply perfume, the teaching should be administered behind a curtain, and this teaching should not lead to a forbidden matter, like being in seclusion with a woman or the women speaking in a soft and tender voice and the like.

The fact that the female students are unveiling their faces, then this leads to temptation because the woman's beauty is in her face.

So they are obliged to cover their faces according to the most preponderant opinion of the scholars

especially if they are very beautiful. So, it is not permissible for a man to teach women if they do not cover their faces unless there is a curtain between them and the teacher.

This ruling applies both to an individual woman or a group of women.

Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=90780

anonymous
02-21-2013, 04:49 PM
jzk that makes more sense but what about theway you're meant to recite, do you have to purposely read it without any expression?

Muslim Woman
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
:sl:

sis , u may send ur question here .

Darul Ihsan Islamic Services Centre
Email: fatwa@darulihsan.com
3rd Floor, Gem Towers
98 Overport Drive, Durban, South Africa
P.O Box 76474, Marble Ray, Durban, 4035
Tel: 08611 IHSAN (44726) - Fax: 031 207 3749

anonymous
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
jzk for the link but the prob is that i dont have much time before making the decision which is why i posted on the forum, maybe anyone else has any answers?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!