/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A quick question regarding conversing

MBH101287
02-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Again, I have another question. I am extremely thankful for everyone who has answered so far and given advice, and I do hope I am not becomming a burden of any sort, however I have little support outside this forum at the given time, that which I do have I don't always ask due to a strictly professional relationship.
I currently serve on a school board as a coordinator. Currently the president has become quite friendly towards me. The conversations never last long, and she never gets too personal, however they tend to involve a bit of small talk, such as dinner plans, etc.
My question is this: Is this acceptable? I know the answer would be no under most circumstances, however, I know she is marriageable due to past revelation of her personal life to others.
If this is not acceptable, and I should find a way to let her know, how can I do so in a becoming manner?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shawn01
03-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Salam brother you can't have thses types of small talk with women anymore. You should tell her very nicely that you are muslim now and that in your being new to the faith you made a mistake and that you can no longer talk with her about anything other what you might have to for work issues.. That way she won't feel bad like she did something wrong to you if you just ignore her and be rude.

Abu Loren
03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MBH101287
I currently serve on a school board as a coordinator. Currently the president has become quite friendly towards me. The conversations never last long, and she never gets too personal, however they tend to involve a bit of small talk, such as dinner plans, etc.
As'alaamu Alaikkum

Bro I hope you are not reading the wrong signals. In Western culture most women become very friendly towards other men due to reasons that we can list here that will just go on and on.

format_quote Originally Posted by MBH101287
I know she is marriageable due to past revelation of her personal life to others.
If you are both single and are looking for marriage then in Islam a mahram should be invloved, this is normally a member of the family. In approaching this woman, first make sure that this does not jeopardise your relationship at the school. She could take your approach wrongly.

Then if she is not a believer do you seriously want to marry her? I know that Muslim men can marry a woman from the people of the Book but I hope this doesn't cause friction an problems in the future. Be careful.

Allahu Alum!

sohail1234
03-28-2013, 05:06 AM
assalam o alikum
I understand this fact due to school task you have talked to her, but it is not allowed in Islam to do little chat with a woman if she is not known to you. So, take her in confidence and tell her that you both are Muslim, Islam don't like the relationship of man and woman, and it is not like able act in the eyes of the people as well. When you will tell her all the teachings of Islam related to the relation of men and women then i am sure she will realize it...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!