/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

anonymous
02-21-2013, 09:17 AM
As'salaamu alaikum

1) Is owning a credit card haram to build credit, if you pay on time and pay no interest?

2) Would it be haram to have a 401K or a company retirement plan? My company offers that for every $1 you put in you get 5 percent back. So, $3,000 dollars would get you back $6,000 something eventually. Is that haram? Or can I do that?

3) Is it haram for my dad to refuse to bring tomatoes even though it is his job to clothe, shelter, feed us? I want to start cooking and I know it will require many tomatoes is it wrong for me to ask him to pay for that?

4) Would him paying for laundry go in the "clothe" category? What about paying for cell phone, he refuses to own 1 and mine is 25 dollars pay as you go monthly. Would it be my job to pay for it since I use it mostly or his? I don't mind but I'm asking. He sometimes uses it. He refuses to get new mom 1, would that be her job or his?

5) My friend wants me to join a gym, but it is a coed gym. I know the answer but I would like another "opinion." I don't like public places as is unless I'm traveling, then I love it. But please let me know.

6) I have a job and I am grateful, but as I understand it, isn't it a Dad's duty to pay for clothing. I don't buy clothes often, but when I do, I sometimes pay for them. I kind of don't mind but it kind of makes me angry. Especially recently to the point where I have been thinking I want to go live with my sister. Is that thinking haram? I am grateful for everything my father does for us. I Love him he's the only 1 I have, lol. But it makes me angry when he refuses to buy tomatoes and sometimes clothes. I don't know what is going on in his mind but staying here makes me angry. I want to have a good relationship with him. And I want to be patient with him. But it is difficult. He gets angry at little things. Please advise me on how to work with him.

7) Is a step mom to be treated like your real mother? I know this question might sound horrible, but I need to know. If there is any difference, what is the difference?

I want you to know. I don't mind paying, but in the same sense I don't see the point in living with dad or husband if they are not providing the basics. Because to me I thought this was their duty, But now it feels as if the wife and husband live with a "to each his own" scenario.

Please get back to me, Jazak'Allah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
3) Is it haram for my dad to refuse to bring tomatoes even though it is his job to clothe, shelter, feed us? I want to start cooking and I know it will require many tomatoes is it wrong for me to ask him to pay for that?
Allah knows best but I don't see why it would be your father's duty to provide you with every little thing you ask. A tomato is a specific item of food that if you never had, it wouldn't cause you to starve.

However, I would advise that you don't look at what is and what isn't his job and duty. Don't demand anything. If everything breaks down to demanding of rights and responsibilities and accusing others of not fulfilling their duties then your relationship will have no substance.

You can ask him politely to buy it and if he refuses, it's not the end of the world. You work and have money so you can buy it out of your own pocket.

That's just my advice.
4) Would him paying for laundry go in the "clothe" category? What about paying for cell phone, he refuses to own 1 and mine is 25 dollars pay as you go monthly. Would it be my job to pay for it since I use it mostly or his? I don't mind but I'm asking. He sometimes uses it. He refuses to get new mom 1, would that be her job or his?
Same as above for laundry. Ask him politely, if he refuses, pay it yourself - that's just the way it's gonna be. There is no need to feel bad about him for refusing.
The phone, if you use it mostly, it's only reasonable that you pay for it. Each time you lend it to him, consider it a service that you are doing for which you'll be rewarded inshaAllah.

5) My friend wants me to join a gym, but it is a coed gym. I know the answer but I would like another "opinion."
You know the answer but want people to give you incorrect opinions that you can use to justify joining such a gym?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!