/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalammualaykum, hai I'm new.

Is-Seeker
02-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Assalammualykum,

I'm Is.
I'm from Malaysia and I'm a muslim.
I join the board because insyallah I want to contribute a little in path of dakwah.
As you guys know, being born as muslim tend to make people like me take things for granted. I always move by those converter because of their journey to Islam.

Having said that. As you guys know, I'm from Malaysia and my native language is Malay. I find difficult to translate a certain tems like "halal", "haram", "sunat", "harus", "makruh" and cetera. This term come naturally for me but I do not know the English use of it.
So I hope anyone familiar with these terms can tell me the English use of this term so that I can use them so people will understand me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
02-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Assalam o alikum

:welcome: brother hope u like it here and learn lots and lots :)

May Ayob
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
:sl:

Welcome to IB Ihope you find it helpful :)

Qurratul Ayn
02-22-2013, 10:41 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to the board!!!

:ia: you shall learn lots and lots (Periwinkly has written) and have a beneficial stay too

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
02-23-2013, 01:15 AM
:wa:

halal : lawful

haram : forbidden

sunat : Prophetic traditions

"harus : sorry , don't know

makruh : disliked / detestable

halal , haram , Sunnat , makruh - these are commonly used ; so I think most participants will understand these.

ardianto
02-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Harus = Obligated. The Islamic word for it is "Wajib".

ardianto
02-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam,

welcome, selamat datang di Islamicboard, saudara Is dari Malaysia. I'm Ardianto from Bandung, Indonesia.

Do you know, bro?, I rarely speak English because I rarely meet foreigner in my place. But I often write in English language in internet. Don't worry, other people will understand what you mean.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!