/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Going of to uni, need advise on how to stay good 0:)

username95
02-27-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm going to university soon and the first time since i was 11 I'll be surrounded by people from the opposite gender, because i haven't been in this kind of environment in so long i don't know how i'll react? recently one of my close friends who i used to consider a great influence in my life went off to some training for a job and here she came into various negative influences and she changed tremendously. I always thought that once she gets out into the real world she'll be the one who always keeps their deen in check but...now :heated:
I have prioritised islam very highly in my life and although i'm not prone to negative influences i'm scared that i'll change without knowing, can i just receive some advise on how to approach fellow students or the appropriate way in communicating with a guy?
How can i keep myself in check? family and friends are needed here but once i'm out there i'll be alone

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
username95
02-27-2013, 01:57 AM
uh oh posted on the wrong forum
why does this always happen to me :hiding:
how do i delete...:exhausted

Iceee
02-27-2013, 02:09 AM
Admin/Forum Mod will delete. Send them a message if you can.

islamica
02-27-2013, 06:37 AM
The mods can move it to the right section, don't worry.

Regarding the advice. Inshallah check out these links below and also keep in touch with this forum for advice, there are lot of college students or post college students here.

http://themuslimyouth.wordpress.com/...lege-students/

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/113996

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1497

Also, regarding boys. Do not think you are very strong and can handle them. In fact, those who have very little exposure and experience and going into a new enviroment they are often the easest influenced. Even non-Muslim girls who have gone to girls only school find it hard. As they have said, at first every guy they saw they thought he could be their bf or someone they can hook up with. Every guy that was nice to them they would fall for him. And it took some time to get over that way of thinking and feeling. You have to think of everyone guy as a non-mahram and talk to them as if you were standing with your father next to you. That will help give you an idea how to correspond with them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by username95
I'm going to university soon and the first time since i was 11 I'll be surrounded by people from the opposite gender
This is why I think the overly strict way some people segregate their kids from other genders can really screw them up in the long run. I'm not saying this will be you, but a lot of the time this makes something like University a potential disaster.

I say just try not to freak out and act as you normally would. If Islam is really a priority, then it will stay a priority as long as you make some kind of effort. Don't expect to stay unchanged though, university will transform you greatly. This is a good thing. If you leave University without having changed and grown as a person, you've really missed out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!