/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Germany sells arms to Arab states to protect Israel

Jedi_Mindset
02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Germany sells arms to Arab states to protect Israel

Germany’s Defense Minister Thomas de Maiziere says arms sales to the Arab littoral states of the Persian Gulf is aimed at protecting Israel.

The German minister’s remarks come at a time when his country has been strongly criticized for the dramatic increase in arms sales to Arab states like Saudi Arabia, despite their poor human rights record.

De Maiziere added that defending Israel against Iran is more important than the human rights situation in Saudi Arabia.
According to a report published by the Munich-basedSuddeutsche Zeitung newspaper on February 22, Germany's weapons exports to the Arab states in the Persian Gulf reached 1.42 billion euros (USD1.88 billion) in 2012.

The report added that Saudi Arabia was the biggest buyer among the Persian Gulf states including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

The figures indicate that Germany’s arms exports to the Persian Gulf littoral states have increased more than nine times.

The Chairman of the Christian Social Union (CSU) in Germany’s parliament Volker Kauder had earlier defended his country’s arms sales to Saudi Arabia.

He told the German weekly newspaper Welt am Sonntag that although freedom of religion does not exist in Saudi Arabia and there are anti-Semitic tendencies in the country, the Arab state has a major role in the region and is a counterweight against Iran.

In addition, German Chancellor Angela Merkel gave the green light in principle for a multi-million-dollar arms deal with Saudi Arabia in December 2012.

The European country is the world’s third largest exporter of weapons after the US and Russia.

According to a report published by the London-based Amnesty International, German weaponry including small firearms, ammunition and military vehicles have been massively deployed to the Middle East and North Africa to suppress peaceful protests.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/02...rotect-israel/

Suprising that they admit it openly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Loren
02-28-2013, 02:32 AM
Nobody's going to say NO to billions of dollars are they?

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
He told the German weekly newspaper Welt am Sonntag that although freedom of religion does not exist in Saudi Arabia and there are anti-Semitic tendencies in the country, the Arab state has a major role in the region and is a counterweight against Iran.
Yeah right............

Karl
02-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Arming up Muslims to protect Jews? ...Makes perfect sense. Or is Saudi being armed up to protect Muslims in Israel? I can't get my head around it. Or is it that the oil states have tons of cash and Germany has tons of weapons so they just trade? Saudi is arming itself to protect itself from NATO especially the USA and UK.

Jedi_Mindset
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Arming up Muslims to protect Jews? ...Makes perfect sense. Or is Saudi being armed up to protect Muslims in Israel? I can't get my head around it. Or is it that the oil states have tons of cash and Germany has tons of weapons so they just trade? Saudi is arming itself to protect itself from NATO especially the USA and UK.
The saudi government and military is controlled by US/israel. They are being used to protect US interests in the region, sadly the king nor the military probably doesnt know this.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
Yeah right............
Some parts i dont agree with, but the last part is certainly true. Thats why saudi arabia is one of the massive supports of syrian opposition fighters. To counter Iran, but later on they will most likely turn against US, israel, NATO and the stooges in the arab world. I hope so insha'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karl
02-28-2013, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
The saudi government and military is controlled by US/israel. They are being used to protect US interests in the region, sadly the king nor the military probably doesnt know this.
Yes the Al Saud are the Zionists poodle with money and opulence but they must bend their knee to the West or end up as dead dogs like Saddam Hussain and co. If Saudi Arabia dosn't crawl to the USA the propaganda war starts "freedom and democracy", rebels are bolstered by the CIA and recognized by the UN. If the kingdom still does not want to crawl, invasion from the West and it's other Arab poodles to "liberate the people". Saudi will be bombed to bits, oil wells protected by US and UK brothers in imperialism. Islam falls and is replaced by American culture.
So in a way the kingdom is protecting the people from absolute conquest by being a poodle instead of a wolf.
It's a sad situation, but would David go up against a billion Goliaths?

Scimitar
02-28-2013, 11:25 PM
You write in epically proportioned terms, Karl... I think you'd make a good hype man. I mean that in a good way bro :)

Karl
03-01-2013, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
You write in epically proportioned terms, Karl... I think you'd make a good hype man. I mean that in a good way bro :)
Thanks for the generous compliment. :sunny:

Futuwwa
03-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Business is business, that's all there is to it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!