/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Islam

aghajan
03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
What is “the” innovation in religion “Bida” of Islam that is the root cause for most of the difficulties, and the cause of its division and decline?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NjmYqlb
03-01-2013, 06:13 PM
:sl:
I would say the biggest innovation / bid'aa, the cause of most of our current problem, is because Muslims accepted haram 'fiat' money, even for religious affairs like zakat, sadaqah, waqaf etc. Even mosques are built using 'fiat' money. Sad thing is most of our religious leaders are too busy arguing among themselves to care about the sin that Allah has declared war upon those involved in it. 'Fiat' money is ribaa. The sunnah is dinar and dirham

aghajan
03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NjmYqlb
I would say the biggest innovation / bid'aa, the cause of most of our current problem, is because Muslims accepted haram 'fiat' money, even for religious affairs like zakat, sadaqah, waqaf etc. Even mosques are built using 'fiat' money. Sad thing is most of our religious leaders are too busy arguing among themselves to care about the sin that Allah has declared war upon those involved in it. 'Fiat' money is ribaa. The sunnah is dinar and dirham
Yes, Ribba is a big reason for injustice for all mankind, but not just for mulisms.

What started the decline of Islam is accepting opinions and referring to such and such instead Allah’s commands when it comes to Islam.

Everywhere including in this site people refer to opinions as if it was from Allah.

Such person made this haram, or such person think this or that, and people accept that as part of Islam.

We blame the unbelievers for taking Quarnic ayas, and sunnah of prophet out of context, but accept the same behaviors from our own Muslim “leaders”, when they try to validated their opinions.

Let me start by what caused a great disservices to Islam that is accepted and practice all over Islamic world as if truly was part of Islam, Gender separation.

Did Allah want men and women to be separated in society? Did his messenger order it?
Or do we know better?

Did Allah and his messenger wanted to vanish women from the society, or the learned men in order to hide their shortcomings.

Woodrow
03-01-2013, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aghajan
What is “the” innovation in religion “Bida” of Islam that is the root cause for most of the difficulties, and the cause of its division and decline?

It is good we look at problems within ourselves, provided we use the findings to correct our errors.

I wonder if the division and decline is as great as some find it to be. Being a revert I only see growth and unity as the regions I live in typically had a zero Muslim population, but I see people reverting to Islam and suddenly find Muslims in areas that a very short time ago there were none.

I see an explosion of growth, yet it seems other people are in regions were they see decline.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aghajan
03-01-2013, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

It is good we look at problems within ourselves, provided we use the findings to correct our errors.

I wonder if the division and decline is as great as some find it to be. Being a revert I only see growth and unity as the regions I live in typically had a zero Muslim population, but I see people reverting to Islam and suddenly find Muslims in areas that a very short time ago there were none.

I see an explosion of growth, yet it seems other people are in regions were they see decline.
the decline I am referring to is not the numbers, but the quality, and going away from the original goal / purpose . There’s a lot of rituals, and superficial adherence but little actual practice. We pray , and fast etc.. but get very little or any from it.

Woodrow
03-02-2013, 12:10 AM
the decline I am referring to is not the numbers, but the quality, and going away from the original goal / purpose . There’s a lot of rituals, and superficial adherence but little actual practice. We pray , and fast etc.. but get very little or any from it.
Isn't that a personal matter as we can not see into the hearts and intentions of others?

Perhaps there may appear to be stagnation and decline in areas in which Islam has been long established, but does that actually hold true for all or even the Majority of Muslims?

جوري
03-02-2013, 02:24 AM
There’s a lot of rituals, and superficial adherence but little actual practice. We pray , and fast etc.. but get very little or any from it.
The prophet :saws: said ''اللهم من أحييته منا فأحيه على الإسلام، ومن أمته منا فأمته على الإيمان.'' Oh Allah, he whom you make alive make him alive on Islam and he whom you've caused to die, let him him die on faith.
Why is that? What is the difference? One is Islam and the other is Iman (faith) so why did the prophet :saws: make a distinction between our life and death?
If we ask what Islam is? It is the declaration of Shahada, it is alms giving, it is fast, it is prayer, it is pilgrimage, all are ritualistic. Islam is Rituals it is Ritualistic!
so when we're alive we are alive on these rituals - that is what validates your islamicness!
Now in death we ask, what is Iman?
Iman in Allah (which is in the heart) and his angels again in the heart, his messengers and the day of judgement it is all in the heart.
When we die, our deeds are cut off!!!
No more rituals and all that remains is what's in the heart!

which is also why :Allah::swt: stated in the noble book:

Sahih International
The Day when there will not benefit [anyone] wealth or children

26:89 to top

Sahih International
But only one who comes to Allah with a sound heart."

So even in loving your brothers and sisters :Allah: :swt: set as a measure of how sound your heart is and we're given an example in this story:

Acts of love for one another
Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: The Prophet (SAW) said, "A man set out to visit a brother (in Faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him, "Where do you intend to go?'' He said, "I intend to visit my brother in this town". The angel said, "Have you done any favour to him?'' He said, "No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious.'' Thereupon the angel said, "I am a messenger to you from Allah (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake)". [Muslim]

and as the other hadith states:

قراءة : 14630 | طباعة : 639 | إرسال لصديق : 7 | عدد المقيمين : 27 عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال : قال رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - : ( إن الله يقول يوم القيامة : أين المتحابون بجلالي ؟ اليوم أظلهم في ظلي يوم لا ظلَّ إلا ظلِّي ) رواه مسلم ،وأخرج الترمذي عن معاذ بن جبل رضي الله عنه قال : سمعت رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - يقول : قال الله عز وجل : ( المتحابون في جلالي لهم منابر من نور يغبطهم النبيون والشهداء ) .

:Allah: :swt: will ask of those who love in his name and will shade them on the day of recompense.

this also applies in terms of making du3a for Muslim brothers and sisters both in rewards and in compensation of the exact same...

So to get back to your original statement. Rituals are indeed important that is what defines us as Muslims, and practicing one with high fidelity will lead to the purifcation of the heart and that is indeed what remains of us in our graves.

YusufNoor
03-02-2013, 02:43 AM

in al Fatihah, we ask Allah to guide us t the straight way, the way of those that have He has bestowed His favor; NOT the way of those who have earned his anger or have gone astray.

rejecting Allah's Law's is a biddah, ie, putting yourself as a god; and when you go astray, eg, inventing your own beliefs, you are also putting yourself as a god.
so basically, all innovation is based on shirk. ergo, shirk is the reason or chief cause of biddah.

it is elementary, my dear Watson.

ma salaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!