/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if I can wish this in Jannah?

Osman18
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Salam

I'm 17 and I'm pretty intelligent wisdom wise. I'm pretty childish. I have younger siblings than me, the one that comes after me is 12. My mum thinks its a problem but for me I don't think it is because I know how to read situations.

Anyhow I'm huge fan of anime (Naruto and One Piece), technically super powers etc. I was wondering one day that if I make it into Jannah InshAllah I would want to wish for all the powers that are imaginable to humans and whatever I think of and then ask Allah to place me at this era of time like I mean at this day and time but with superpowers and I wonder what I'm capable off. People will be shocked to think someone like me even exists. My plan is to bring peace to the world even though its irrelevant because everything like judgement day is already done. But I wonder what would it be like. I would capture all the corrupt billionaires, presidents, prime ministers etc.

I would also ask Allah if he can place me in the Naruto world. If any of you watch it you know how's inspiring and captivating Naruto is. I would want powers beyond Madara. I would play as a weak powerless character who trains blah blah but in reality I have all this powers. I would team up with Madara and during the war I would take a stand and show people what I am capable of and I plan no threats but to bring peace onto the world by any means necessary just like madara. But I will be 1000x more powerful than Madara.

I have a very good imagination and I'm thankful for that. Jannah is my number one goal InshAllah. I wonder if any of you guys think the same as me?? Anyone? Similar thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
03-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Salam alaykum brother

As we can´t be really sure what it will be in Jannah, it is also possible than we might be what ever or get what ever in there. In this forum was years ago thread where members told what they wish to have in Jannah and if I remember right, I wished to have free internet connection that I could then chat with my friends everlastingly (or even so long I like).

:D Hopely that wasn´t too childish wish...

IAmZamzam
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Place you in this era? You mean you expect to ever want to leave Jannah even for one moment? I highly doubt that.

It's good to fantasize when it's a comfort and not an ethical hindrance but it's not at all practical to speculate about what wishes may or may not end up lasting. How many of your desires end up remaining appealing to you even over the course of ten years during this mortal lifetime?

Al-Mufarridun
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
:sl:

I used to watch anime when i was around your age too. I can understand where you are coming from. :D

It is wonderful to have a strong imagination, and unfortunately we tend to lose it as we age. As you have said, back then, I used to also want to have those powers, and would dream of bringing justice for the oppressed. I used to also imagine what it would be like to be immortal, how brave, daring would you be. To be honest it was once I begin to study Islam, that I realized I could actually attain those powers and attain immortality. I knew about Jannah, with it's gardens and rivers, but once I learned more about it, read about what our Blessed Prophet(pbuh) told us of it, that one day it actually hit me - It is not just a fantasy- I T...I S...P O S S I B I B L E!

In Jannah -

You are given a new Body, a more powerful/perfect body. So every weakness is removed, you don't age, get sick, tired, thirsty, hungry, you don't sleep, your bones don't break, your skin can't be cut, scratched. All your senses, eyes, ears, smell, taste, all are strong, perfect, without any weakness. You can see, watch the wings of a butterfly a 100 miles away. You can stand in the middle of a sun without feeling any pain, discomfort. You don't answer the call of nature, you don't sweat, your sweat is actually your own cologne/perfume, imagine that, you won't need to pay $100+ dollars for it, you have your own cologne/perfume producing cells in your skin. You can sit for hours and just imagine and wonder about this.

Power of Thought - whatever you desire in Jannah is only a thought away, just imagine it and it is done. Imagine for-example, building a great palace, or your favorite type of car with just your imagination, changing it as you will, shaping it as you wish. Imagine learning all that you need to learn, knowing all that you need to know. Having a mind that is strong and sharp, that can compute faster than any computer. All this is mainly just talking about the physical level. The Spritual/Emotional level is just beyond imagination.

They will have there all that their hearts desire and in which their eyes find delight.
You will remain in it timelessly, forever. (Surat az-Zukhruf: 71)

Praise be to Allah, Who has removed all sadness from us. Truly our Lord is Ever-Forgiving, Ever-Thankful:
He Who has lodged us, out of His favor, in the Abode of Permanence, where no weariness or fatigue affects us." (Sura 35, 34-35)
----------------

Jannah should be our number 1 Goal. As you continue working towards this goal, start learning and practicing Islam, As you learn more about the Prophet(pbuh), the sahaba, you will come to the realization that this was also their goal, and it was their strong desire to attain this goal, the goal of pleasing Allah and hoping for his Jnnah, that gave them the amazing qualities we them know for. It was the desire to seek the Pleasure of Allah swt that made Umar(ra) and Abu Bakr(ra) give their wealth, time, energy, and life for Islam. It was this desire that gave Bilal(ra) the strength to endure what he went through. It was this desire that gave Ali(ra), Zubair(ra), Sa'ad(ra), Khalid(ra) the courage and determination to strive in the path of Allah.

So a time must come Bro. Osman, when we must invest and utilize our imagination in This world and This life in the way of Allah swt, to assist the Deen, help the Ummah, starting with your family. We must always keep Allah swt and Aakhirah in mind, as we live and act in this life. This is were our inspiration, strength, vision, courage comes from. This is the path of the Strangers. We must use our imagination and seek ways to better please Allah swt, better serve the Ummah.

Don't assume you are without power right now, with true intentions and determination, with Allah swt on your side you can do great things. You can be an agent of peace in this life, you can help the oppressed, the orphans in this life. You can use your imagination, come up with a plan to collect some money together from family and friends, and help a family in need, you can help build a well for a Muslim village that doesn't have clean water. You can help feed orphans in Palestine, in Afghanistan. You can give dawah and help bring someone to Peace(Islam), you can motivate, mentor children in your community.

I remember i once was sitting with my nephews, they were telling me about these characters from these shows, and I could see the desire in their eyes as they described the powers of these characters. I told them, you now you can become even more power than them. You can have all those powers and even greater ones if you wish. They were so excited that they asked me how, that is when I told them - In Jannah - you will have all that you want, you can have any power you want, that is what Allah swt promised for those who enter Jannah.

The way to be Grateful for the gift of imagination is to use it to find ways to Please Allah swt in this life. This is it bro.

May Allah swt Guide us all to the best of this life and the next. Ameen

Allah said:
"I have prepared for My pious servants things which have never been seen by an eye,
nor heard by an ear, or (even) imagined by a human being." (Muslim)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-02-2013, 11:39 PM
This is what u can imagine. There will be much more which u can't imagine at the moment.

Osman18
03-03-2013, 02:40 AM
Thank you very much. I really enjoyed reading your post. JazakAllah Kheir. Indeed we should strive harder to make Jannah our final destination InshAllah.

Osman18
03-03-2013, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
:sl: I used to watch anime when i was around your age too. I can understand where you are coming from. :DIt is wonderful to have a strong imagination, and unfortunately we tend to lose it as we age. As you have said, back then, I used to also want to have those powers, and would dream of bringing justice for the oppressed. I used to also imagine what it would be like to be immortal, how brave, daring would you be. To be honest it was once I begin to study Islam, that I realized I could actually attain those powers and attain immortality. I knew about Jannah, with it's gardens and rivers, but once I learned more about it, read about what our Blessed Prophet(pbuh) told us of it, that one day it actually hit me - It is not just a fantasy- I S...I S...P O S S I B I B L E!In Jannah - You are given a new Body, a more powerful/perfect body. So every weakness is removed, you don't age, get sick, tired, thirsty, hungry, you don't sleep, your bones don't break, your skin can't be cut, scratched. All your senses, eyes, ears, smell, taste, all are strong, perfect, without any weakness. You can see, watch the wings of a butterfly a 100 miles away. You can stand in the middle of a sun without feeling any pain, discomfort. You don't answer the call of nature, you don't sweat, your sweat is actually your own cologne/perfume, imagine that, you won't need to pay $100+ dollars for it, you have your own cologne/perfume producing cells in your skin. You can sit for hours and just imagine and wonder about this. Power of Thought - whatever you desire in Jannah is only a thought away, just imagine it and it is done. Imagine for-example, building a great palace, or your favorite type of car with just your imagination, changing it as you will, shaping it as you wish. Imagine learning all that you need to learn, knowing all that you need to know. Having a mind that is strong and sharp, that can compute faster than any computer. All this is mainly just talking about the physical level. The Spritual/Emotional level is just beyond imagination.
They will have there all that their hearts desire and in which their eyes find delight. You will remain in it timelessly, forever. (Surat az-Zukhruf: 71)Praise be to Allah, Who has removed all sadness from us. Truly our Lord is Ever-Forgiving, Ever-Thankful: He Who has lodged us, out of His favor, in the Abode of Permanence, where no weariness or fatigue affects us." (Sura 35, 34-35)----------------
Jannah should be our number 1 Goal. As you continue working towards this goal, start learning and practicing Islam, As you learn more about the Prophet(pbuh), the sahaba, you will come to the realization that this was also their goal, and it was their strong desire to attain this goal, the goal of pleasing Allah and hoping for his Jnnah, that gave them the amazing qualities we them know for. It was the desire to seek the Pleasure of Allah swt that made Umar(ra) and Abu Bakr(ra) give their wealth, time, energy, and life for Islam. It was this desire that gave Bilal(ra) the strength to endure what he went through. It was this desire that gave Ali(ra), Zubair(ra), Sa'ad(ra), Khalid(ra) the courage and determination to strive in the path of Allah.So a time must come Bro. Osman, when we must invest and utilize our imagination in This world and This life in the way of Allah swt, to assist the Deen, help the Ummah, starting with your family. We must always keep Allah swt and Aakhirah in mind, as we live and act in this life. This is were our inspiration, strength, vision, courage comes from. This is the path of the Strangers. We must use our imagination and seek ways to better please Allah swt, better serve the Ummah.Don't assume you are without power right now, with true intentions and determination, with Allah swt on your side you can do great things. You can be an agent of peace in this life, you can help the oppressed, the orphans in this life. You can use your imagination, come up with a plan to collect some money together from family and friends, and help a family in need, you can help build a well for a Muslim village that doesn't have clean water. You can help feed orphans in Palestine, in Afghanistan. You can give dawah and help bring someone to Peace(Islam), you can motivate, mentor children in your community. I remember i once was sitting with my nephews, they were telling me about these characters from these shows, and I could see the desire in their eyes as they described the powers of these characters. I told them, you now you can become even more power than them. You can have all those powers and even greater ones if you wish. They were so excited that they asked me how, that is when I told them - In Jannah - you will have all that you want, you can have any power you want, that is what Allah swt promised for those who enter Jannah. The way to be Grateful for the gift of imagination is to use it to find ways to Please Allah swt in this life. This is it bro. May Allah swt Guide us all to the best of this life and the next. Ameen
Allah said: "I have prepared for My pious servants things which have never been seen by an eye, nor heard by an ear, or (even) imagined by a human being." (Muslim)
Thank you very much. I really enjoyed reading your post. JazakAllah Kheir. Indeed we should strive harder to make Jannah our final destination InshAllah.

Ahmad H
03-03-2013, 12:01 PM
That is an interesting thought. I am a big fan of anime as well. I would've liked to be part of the DBZ universe. But, what you don't realize is the problem with those universes, and that is that their main focus is conflict. Naruto's world is one where they are using conflict to try to reach a state of peace. The different ninja bands are constantly at war with each other. The pursuit is that of peace, and the powers the ninjas have are for that very purpose in that anime.

However, if it is just powers you are looking for, then I don't see why Allah wouldn't allow you to taste that and enjoy it if you wished for it in Paradise. However, the pleasures you get there could be something even greater than that. There was one Hadith where the Holy Prophet (saw) said to two men how they would be given flying horses in Paradise. Imagine, Arabs loved horses. To race them, raise them and ride them. Imagine how amazing it was for them to hear they could have flying horses.

Nothing is out of Allah's reach to provide for us. But, i suggest you don't yearn for Naruto's powers as much as you should for actually working to get into Jannah. Remember, the best pleasure when we die, and we are purified of our sins and accepted into God's presence, is the seeing of Allah Himself. Nothing will top that.

This is my 2 cents to you. I hope it puts things into perspective. You could wish all you want, but in the end you must strive for it. Wish for dying as a Shaheed so that even if you die in your bed Allah makes you a Shaheed. I think that should do it.

username95
03-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I love those animes esp Naruto! although if i ever entered Jannah i wouldnt exactly wish for those things..lol
But i would like to meet some anime characters (that sounds weird) specifially suzaku and lelouch from code geass...im getting carried away, sorry

ardianto
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman18
I'm 17 and I'm pretty intelligent wisdom wise.
I was 17 when I raced for West Java in Indonesia inter-region motocross/motorcycle off road racing event. But I don't think I want a motorcycle in Jannah.

Young man, it's better if you have a hobby which you are actively involved in it. So, you will really do something, not just dreaming.

Football, maybe? or basketball?, or maybe martial art if you like Naruto.

IAmZamzam
03-04-2013, 03:46 AM
I think daydreaming's so much healthier and so much more fun than fantasizing (just so long as you don't let it distract you too much). It's not too different from meditating, actually. I don't know why that fact escapes so many.

Osman18
03-04-2013, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I was 17 when I raced for West Java in Indonesia inter-region motocross/motorcycle off road racing event. But I don't think I want a motorcycle in Jannah.

Young man, it's better if you have a hobby which you are actively involved in it. So, you will really do something, not just dreaming.

Football, maybe? or basketball?, or maybe martial art if you like Naruto.
Yeah there's nothing wrong with dreaming as long as it doesn't distract you. By the way I do soccer for a sport and hopefully by the will of Allah I can get paid while playing it as well. My favourite hobby is art and craft.

Osman18
03-04-2013, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by username95
I love those animes esp Naruto! although if i ever entered Jannah i wouldnt exactly wish for those things..lol
But i would like to meet some anime characters (that sounds weird) specifially suzaku and lelouch from code geass...im getting carried away, sorry
Hahah good to know there are others like me :) inshAllah we make it into jannah so we can get our dreams to realisation.

User_23338
03-05-2013, 12:56 AM
I like anime too, i would love to see some anime characters in jannah, that would be awesome.

why do many muslims have to be so strict about so many things, the whole world is full of haram stuff so we might as well not move or see or feel anything at all lol ;D

Ahmad H
03-05-2013, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by username95
You're not getting carried away. just don't forget that in order to enjoy Jannah, in whatever way you will wish, you need to struggle hard and toil in the way of Allah. The path to the truth is not easy. Jannah is surrounded by hardships, and Jahannam is surrounded by pleasures. Don't get caught up in these worldly pleasures, but get caught up in toiling for the sake of Allah, so that you do not remain behind in being near Him. I still think the best thing to hope for is to see Allah. Nothing tops that. You can see those other anime characters later. Allah comes first.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-05-2013, 03:20 AM
You can wish for whatever you want in Paradise. Allah says, [For them therein is whatever they wish, [while] abiding eternally. It is ever upon your Lord a promise [worthy to be] requested.] 25:16. There is also the authentic narration about the person in Paradise who will wish to cultivate the land (a worldly thing) and Allah will allow him to sow the seeds in Paradise for crops - and this narration ends with the Prophet (saw) smiling.

I for one want to live out Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (as Harry and then as Aragorn). Oh and DEFINITELY Star Wars - real light sabers ftw! :D

sister herb
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
^ I think it is better not to clarify here between members what true muslim would say and what not - that sounds same like someone here would have right to clarify who is and who is not true muslim. Let it to Allah only.

Kind of comments create here fighting very soon. So, calm down there all.

Abu Loren
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
^ I think it is better not to clarify here between members what true muslim would say and what not - that sounds same like someone here would have right to clarify who is and who is not true muslim. Let it to Allah only.

Kind of comments create here fighting very soon. So, calm down there all.
Masha'Allah wise words indeed. I digress.

M.I.A.
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
...i dont know how heaven works.

but i wouldnt ask for anything like that irl or heaven.

but once you start working your wishes may change.

Paprika
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
You really wanna do all that?? Man you have got too much energy. I just want to lay around all day on my backside and do sweet nothing, no matter how much my wife nags....just, eat, drink and chill, ze good life....:D

sister herb
03-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Salam alaykum

We others at least treat him by respect, not call him as poor kid.

p.s. Maybe there will be some halal-version about this Naruto (I have no idea what even it is actually, anime something) in Jannah. Allah knows best and I believe in this dunya it is too early to be sure about it...

sister herb
03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
You really wanna do all that?? Man you have got too much energy. I just want to lay around all day on my backside and do sweet nothing, no matter how much my wife nags....just, eat, drink and chill, ze good life....:D
Your fantasy is that in Jannah might be also nagging wives?

:X

Paprika
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Your fantasy is that in Jannah might be also nagging wives?

:X
It comes so naturally to them, I doubt they can shake it off:nervous:

Abu Loren
03-05-2013, 03:24 PM
We others at least treat him by respect, not call him as poor kid.
Sis may be you're mother tongue isn't English so please understand what you are reading before you comment.

sister herb
03-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Kid means as child right? Hopely my dictionary translates it ok. I would call him as brother; maybe as young brother. Not also as poor young brother but my brother in Islam.

Any ways; it is true our fantacies may change during years - or then not. May all of we be so lucky that we really enter to Jannah. Surely we will then know what we can imagine to get there - what not.

And Allah knows the best.

Futuwwa
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Is there any reason to presume that cartoon superpowers are haraam?

If not, of course you can have them. The only limit would be whether you have been righteous enough to deserve such a reward.

Abu Loren
03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Is there any reason to presume that cartoon superpowers are haraam?

If not, of course you can have them. The only limit would be whether you have been righteous enough to deserve such a reward.
If I may use 3:14 as an example, it comes down to enjoyment of this life. We are told to keep what is part of the dunya seperate from what is Godly.

Sahih International

Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.

Insaanah
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
If I may use 3:14 as an example, it comes down to enjoyment of this life. We are told to keep what is part of the dunya seperate from what is Godly.
No we're not. For us, what we do in the dunya can be a source of reward. For example a man going to work to earn money, is of this dunya. But providing halal income for his family is also a source of earning Allah's pleasure, and a form of worship.

Narrated Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas: Allah's Apostle :saws: said, "You will be rewarded for whatever you spend for Allah's sake even if it were a morsel which you put in your wife's mouth."
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 56

During Hajj, people are told they can trade and seek Allah's bounty (2:198).

You can read more on that from Tafsir ibn Kathir here:
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...sk=view&id=215

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
Sahih International

Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.
This ayah doesn't support the view you're proposing, and it's best not to quote certain ayaat in isolation without looking at the others on the same topic. 76:15,16, and 21 show that inhabitants of paradise will have bracelets and cups and goblets of silver. 18:35, 22:23, 35:33,43:71 talk about bracelets and vessels of gold in jannah. And a Muslim who has wealth or gold and pays zakat on it, this is a fulfilment of Allah's command and a form of monetary worship.

We are not like the faiths where we seclude ourselves from the world, nor become totally immersed in it.

None of us have seen jannah:

And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do. (32:17)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Messenger of Allah :saws: said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'I have prepared for my righteous slaves what no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and the mind of no man has conceived.' If you wish, recite:
'No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do."' (32:17)
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Let us not limit what we get in Jannah:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Messenger of Allah :saws: said, "The lowest place of any of you in Jannah will be that Allah will tell him to express his wish. He will wish and wish again. Allah will then ask him: 'Have you expressed your wish?' He will answer: 'Yes, I have.' Allah will say: 'You will have what you have wished for and the like thereof along with it."'
[Muslim].

At the same time, let us not assume that we will even remotely want what we perceive to be pleasures in this lowly worldly life, such as computer games designed by humans such as us. The pleasures there will be so great, and so many, our existence there being on another plane altogether, being the true reality, that computer games may be nothing on that scale, and most likely you'd be enjoying yourself too much, with much greater pleasures, to want them. Also with regards to having super-powers, jannah will be huge, so there may be be there what we'd now perceive to be superpowers eg travelling quickly one place to another. Allahu a3lam.

Also worth bearing in mind is:

Therein they will hear no idle talk , nor lying - (78:35)

we don't know whether wanting to enter a fictional world would come into that.

Also remember, that everyone will be happy there. That means, whether you're allowed to ask for that isn't that important. What is important, is getting there in the first place, and doing the acts that enable us to get there. That's something we are right to be worried about and ask about now, and striving our best, for that is the true success. May Allah enable us all to enter jannah without reckoning and have all that we desire, ameen.

Allah knows best in all matters.

To prevent prolonged discussion on something none of us can ever know, thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!