/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take to memorise the whole Quran?

Osman18
03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Salam to all,

I'm 17, my native language is Arabic. I grew up in Egypt but now I live in Australia. I understand Arabic but not quranic Arabic, I can't read or write Arabic.

For those who memorised the Quran can you tell me how long it took. It's kind of too late for me really since kids can memorise and absorb things quicker than adults but I know it's possible Inshallah. So assuming I'm going to take Arabic classes so I can write and read Arabic how long will it take to memorise the Quran? 7 years?

It would really be appreciated if someone who memorised the whole Quran and was in my situation gave me some insights.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
It all depends on the person. I think you should still do school since you're 17, because when you memorize the Quran, your memory becomes sharper, and it will make it easy for you in school later. (College/Uni)

3-4 years, try your best ma'shallah. It's all about effort.

Jalal~
03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Salam Alaikum
I copied this post from a website. This should be beneficial for you and other members on the forum.

"Assalamu Alaykum

InshAllah this schedule calculates how long it takes you to memorize the Quran according to your memorization ability.

If you memorize 1 aya each day, you will be able to memorize the Quran in 17 years and 7 months and 9 days

If you memorize 2 ayas each day, you will memorize the quran in 8 years 9 months and 18 days.

If you memorize 3 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 5 years 10 months and 13 days

If you memorize 4 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 4 years 4 months and 24 days

If you memorize 5 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 3 years 6 months and 7 days

If you memorize 6 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 11 months and 4 days

If you memorize 7 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 6 months and 3 days

If you memorize 8 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 2 months and 12 days

If you memorize 9 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 11 months and 12 days

If you memorize 10 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 9 months and 3 days

If you memorize 11 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 7 months and 6 days

If you memorize 12 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 5 months and 15 days

If you memorize 13 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 4 months and 6 days

If you memorize 14 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 3 months and 0 days

If you memorize 15 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 2 months and 1 days

If you memorize 16 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 1 months and 6 days

If you memorize 17 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 10 months and 0 days

If you memorize 18 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 19 days

If you memorize 19 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 1 day

If you memorize 20 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 10 months and 16 days

And if you memorize 1 wajh each day, you will memorize the Quran in 1 year 8 months and 12 days

If you memorize 2 wajh each day, you will memorize the Quran in 10 months, 6 days

Brothers and sisters, don't forget each letter you say when reading the quran is a reward for you, and each reward is written for you as ten by Allah's generosity.

So in Bismillah arRahman arRaheem 19 letters which means 190 rewards! Just by doing the bismillah without even starting you gained 190 rewards InshAllah.

So how about doing ayas and repeating when you memorize?

It is truly an offer from Allah we cannot refuse. It is the chance of a lifetime truly because some of the scales on the day of Judgement may only need one reward for it to be heavier and open up the way by Allah's mercy to the Jannah!

We ask Allah the sincerity, the truthfulness, the acceptance, the good abode at the hereafter.

Ameen."

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...rize-the-Quran

Hope this helps and Insha allah you will memorize the entire Quran.

Osman18
03-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Thank you all for these great information. Really appreciated. JazakAllah Kheir, may Allah bless you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Haya emaan
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
walaikum assalam.
my bro started memorizing Quran when he was 13 and completed it around 20-22 months
At 17 one can still memorize and absorb things easily so i think if you concentrate fully you can do it in 2-2.5 years. depends how much time you will give daily.

Muhaba
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
depends on how much you memorize per day, month, year. Each Juz has 10 sheets (20 pages). There are 30 Juz in the Quran. how many pages can you memorize per day or week? per year? how many juz will you be able to memorize per year? you can calculate the rest yourself depending on your ability to memorize. the sooner you memorize , the better becuase as you grow older, memory becomes weaker and it becomes more difficult to retain the memorized portion. What I learned upto midteens i don't have to revise at all and still don't forget on the other hand, more recent Surahs I forget easily and have to revise a lot. May Allah enable us to memorize and retain what we memorized.

Ahmad H
03-05-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm 25 already and I've only memorized around 20 short Surahs. It gives me something to look forward to trying to memorize the whole Qur'an now that I've read what is posted here. Jazakallah for the information everyone.

dysphoricrocker
03-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Salaam brother.

If you memorized 3 pages a day on a consistent basis, you can do it in less than a year. 3 pages a day may seem really tough, and in the beginning it is. But after awhile, you will be used to it and memorizing will be easy.

But let me tell you that memorizing is not the hardest part, the hardest part in the revision and keeping the memorization strong. You have to read 3-5 juz a day and be consistent with it or you'll just end up forgetting. A true hafidh in my opinion is one who is very strong in recitation and he understands what he is reading.

May we all become a hafidh one day and may we do it only for Allah's pleasure (:

KnockKnock
03-05-2013, 03:14 AM
I think I posted a thread on this but you should watch the traveler with the Quran series. It will give you a strong boost and give you guidelines to memorize. They show people blind and people who have mental disorders and they still memorize the entire Quran. It gives me and hope it gives you motivation as well. Btw I'm 17 too and Quran is easy to memorize, we just need more time and effort.

Al-Mufarridun
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
:sl:

Insha'Allah with sincere intention and effort all is possible.

Aaqib
06-25-2015, 04:19 PM
I feel like this thread should get more attention, so I'll bump this.

greenhill
06-25-2015, 06:16 PM
I struggle to memorise. I have a lazy mind. It loves to dream away and hates remembering. Even full concentration and repeated over and over again can be forgotten not too long after. I tried Yassin at one line a day, when it got to around 15 lines I was having a tough time separating the 12th 13th and those that followed. Every additional line after that just could not sink in. I've got to leave weeks if not months before I embark on memorising another. I also make an effort to understand it too.

:peace:

greenhill
06-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Just to add to the above post, I have also noticed several 'sharril' or 'sharrul' and 'Khairil' or 'khairul' meaning kind of 'not good or bad' and 'good' respectively. But I have many friends with the name Sharil or Sharul..

:peace:

Karl
06-25-2015, 10:53 PM
If you are a moron you will never memorise it. If you are a genius it should take a day or two. If you are not one of these it will take some time in between.
And if you are a prophet you will get direct downloads (enlightenments) and not need to read any copies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!