/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reading competition.

Periwinkle18
03-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Assalam o alikum

ok so theres a reading competition gng on in my school for teachers n I love reading. will u giys recommend any books??

I've asked a couple of brothers n sisters and they've told me some amazing books buh I thought id ask everyone that way I'll know wht everyone likes to read :p

Assalam o alikum

remember me in ur duas

pray tht I win this thing :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jalal~
03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Salam Alaiykum

dont know what type of books you are talking about? just anything in general?

The Kite Runner is a good book. Also a thousand splendid suns both written by khaled hosseini

Periwinkle18
03-03-2013, 05:35 PM
read them

any book.

could b islamic or just mysteries anything

recently read the Chinese cinderella sad story.

Qurratul Ayn
03-03-2013, 05:57 PM
What is the competition about, Periwinkly? Reading, yes but the length of the book? The fastest reader? The most wacky, quirky, unique book ever read? The saddest? The happiest? The most amounts of boks read in the duration of the competition?

Just to clarify... :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
oh right sorry forgot to give details

so we have to read 3 books before the 20th june I've done tht already took 1.5 days :p buh the one who reads the most books before the 20th of june will get a surprise gift!!!

sister herb
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
If you want your teachers think you are very intelligent and serious thinker, try some book of Niccolo Machiavelli, like The Prince or Marcus Aurelius.

Many statesmen of the world, kings and presidents have read his books.

:D

Periwinkle18
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
^ lol really :p

Qurratul Ayn
03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
OK, the amount of books...

*The Lord of the Rings collection; including The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (all 4)
*The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (All 7)
*Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling (All 7)
*Tudor Terror series by Terry Deary (All 6)
*Inheritance Cycle books by Christopher Paolini (All 4)

I think all of these apply to children and adults, I really, really, really like these books!!! So you want the highest amount read? You've got the resources now (well a list of recommendations) :D

Periwinkle18
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
read harry potter, hunger games etc not a fan of lord of the rings was reading the 3rd book of the chronicles of narnia guess I'll start tht again.

Qurratul Ayn
03-03-2013, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
read harry potter, hunger games etc not a fan of lord of the rings was reading the 3rd book of the chronicles of narnia guess I'll start tht again.
+o( Don't like the books... Movie was awful too

How can you not like Lord of the Rings?! :ooh: Those books are classics, pure classics. Try the others I recommended, they are very, very, very good

What have you read so far since the competition and how many???

Jalal~
03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Series of Unfortunate Events - 13 books total. kind of depressing, but you really feel a strong love for the three main characters and hope that everything goes well for them

Raaina
03-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Recently I've read The Kabul Beauty School, that was good and I've started reading The hobbit.
I also read Headspace: Sniffer Dogs, Spy Bees and One Woman's Adventures in the Surveillance Society which was pretty interesting and unusual, especially the spy bees :)

Qurratul Ayn
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raaina
Recently I've read The Kabul Beauty School, that was good and I've started reading The hobbit.
I also read Headspace: Sniffer Dogs, Spy Bees and One Woman's Adventures in the Surveillance Society which was pretty interesting and unusual, especially the spy bees
They sound pretty cool, I would definitely try to read them

Do you know the authors names of the books I highlighted???

Raaina
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah that would be more useful, haha!

Headspace: Sniffer Dogs, Spy Bees and One Woman's Adventures in the Surveillance Society: By Amber Marks
The Kabul Beauty School: By Deborah Rodriguez

:)

Karl
03-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Novels by Charles Dickens are very good. I like the way he mixes high English with the very lowest forms with his characters.

Raaina
03-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Ohh that reminds me of another book I read recently: tess of the d'urbervilles By Thomas Hardy. I didn't read this at school or at least I don't remember reading it. Tragic story :(

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
I've read a mixture of islamic n fiction.

hmm more than 3 I'm reading a book called 'isabella' n after tht I'm gng to read 'falling leaves' ordered it yesterday.

guess I read abt 5 in 2-3 days.

Lol I'm slow reader even though I attended thee speed reading workshop. I hate speed reading no fun at all.

Abu Loren
03-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Assalam o alikum

ok so theres a reading competition gng on in my school for teachers n I love reading. will u giys recommend any books??

I've asked a couple of brothers n sisters and they've told me some amazing books buh I thought id ask everyone that way I'll know wht everyone likes to read :p

Assalam o alikum

remember me in ur duas

pray tht I win this thing :p
As'alaamu Alaikkum Periwrinkle

I notice that you are a school kid yet you've joined this forum in 2006? Did you join here like when you were five or something?
:p Good luck btw :0

Abu Loren
03-04-2013, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
OK, the amount of books...

*The Lord of the Rings collection; including The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (all 4)
*The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (All 7)
*Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling (All 7)
*Tudor Terror series by Terry Deary (All 6)
*Inheritance Cycle books by Christopher Paolini (All 4)

I think all of these apply to children and adults, I really, really, really like these books!!! So you want the highest amount read? You've got the resources now (well a list of recommendations) :D
As'alaamu Alaikkum

I was just wondering, does anybody else thinks that books like the ones listed above (fatasy/fiction) can be classified as haram? Surely, these books can influence the mind. I mean Harry Potter falls in love towards the end, doesn't he? :hiding:

I suppose being brought up in the West these things are taken for granted?

Allahu Alum!

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 05:23 AM
^ hmm u do hav a point

thts y I like reading islamic books buh I like fiction too I read them sometimes in order to escspe into another world wen things bug me :p buh yeah one should b careful while reading.

Jalal~
03-04-2013, 05:27 AM
actually harry potter practices magic, which is obviously haram. And they degrade us regular humans by calling us muggles. it is a very addicting and pointless book tbh...

what are some good books that combine fiction with Islam?

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
As'alaamu Alaikkum Periwrinkle

I notice that you are a school kid yet you've joined this forum in 2006? Did you join here like when you were five or something?
:p Good luck btw :0
walaikum assalam

ahem ahem excuse me I'm a teacher.

lol the youngest teacher in my school yeah ppl cant tell the difference I do act like a kid.

Jalal~
03-04-2013, 05:29 AM
the outsiders is another great book by the way...story of two gangs i think

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jalal~
actually harry potter practices magic, which is obviously haram. And they degrade us regular humans by calling us muggles. it is a very addicting and pointless book tbh...

what are some good books that combine fiction with Islam?
the Islamic foundation has some really good books for children.

would love to know if there r other writers.

Scimitar
03-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Lol I'm slow reader even though I attended thee speed reading workshop. I hate speed reading no fun at all.
best way to read anything is s l o w l y, and deliberately. pausing after each paragraph to reflect on what occurred within. Oh wait, didn't you just write this too? :
so we have to read 3 books before the 20th june I've done tht already took 1.5 days
Sis, that aint no slow reading :D and you probably didn't read it to understand what you was reading, but went into autopilot reading mode, right? :embarrass:D:p

I recommend a nice short book written by Paulo Coelho called The Alchemist, charming little read that one. A very charming one indeed :)

Scimi

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
best way to read anything is s l o w l y, and deliberately. pausing after each paragraph to reflect on what occurred within. Oh wait, didn't you just write this too? :

Sis, that aint no slow reading :D and you probably didn't read it to understand what you was reading, but went into autopilot reading mode, right? :embarrass:D:p

I recommend a nice short book written by Paulo Coelho called The Alchemist, charming little read that one. A very charming one indeed :)

Scimi
lol yup that's what I wrote I like reading slowly n kinda reflect on what I've read n then I bug my parents tell them abt the book I read :p

no thats how I read n I think thats v slow lol no autopilot mode I remember what I've read. I cn pick up the old books I've read n tell ppl wht it's abt remember I don't forget easily.

I've read the alchemist :) was a good one.

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 05:46 AM
has anyone resd Malcolm x??

Al-Mufarridun
03-04-2013, 05:56 AM
:sl:

The Book of Five Rings - Miyamoto Musashi.

Let me know what you think of it, Insha'Allah.

Scimitar
03-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Wasn't Musashi that Japanese warrior who was legend? (bit of a martial arts buff here :D)

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun

is the book avaliable online??

Muhaba
03-04-2013, 11:40 AM
The Prince and the Pauper is a classic that you might want to read.

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I've heard alot abt it neva read it. whos the author??

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Salam,

These are some of my favourites:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Road to Mecca by Muhammad Asad (Life story of a Muslim convert)
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hosseini
Emma by Jane Austen

sister herb
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Detective stories of Agatha Christie.

( I like most about those of Hercule Poirot. :embarrass )

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
I so wanna read road to makkah!! InshaAllah I will soon.

Muhaba
03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I've heard alot abt it neva read it. whos the author??
a man.........

Qurratul Ayn
03-04-2013, 06:10 PM
I was just wondering, does anybody else thinks that books like the ones listed above (fatasy/fiction) can be classified as haram? Surely, these books can influence the mind. I mean Harry Potter falls in love towards the end, doesn't he?

I suppose being brought up in the West these things are taken for granted?
Well, please show me a well-known Scholar's advice about reading fiction, and I don't think anyone here has the right to 'classify' these books as Haraam. Not all fiction is negative. Only if the person is that weak to allow a fictional story to influence them in their actions. I mean come on. Seriously. A person can enjoy reading fiction without it affecting their life.

These are only suggestions to Periwinkle18, her choice whether to read them or not.

And what exactly do you mean by that question of yours that I've highlighted? And yes, your explanation of it will help

Lol... That did make me laugh. You do know it is a made up story, right? Ah, that's your opinion

Apologies Periwinkle18 for going off-topic. How's your reading going so far?

Abu Loren
03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Only if the person is that weak to allow a fictional story to influence them in their actions. I mean come on. Seriously. A person can enjoy reading fiction without it affecting their life.
OK so by that same reckoning then music and movies are ok too. You can watch movies and listen to music as it won't affect your life. It's the content. Like the brother said Harry Potter practices magic and other haram stuff, if as a Muslim, you like that then all power to you. I'm not being nasty.

And what exactly do you mean by that question of yours that I've highlighted? And yes, your explanation of it will help
What I mean is that from my own personal experience I tried to fit in where I was brought up, London in this case, and I did all the things that the locals do, it's very difficult to seperate yourself from them because you are in contact with them 24/7.

Mixing with them you will ultimately become like them. However, if you have strong imaan and you deen is on the right track then again all power to you.
But most people like to follow the latest trend and fashion.

sister herb
03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
I have read all Harry Potters and still I haven`t any interest to go to the roof of my house with the broom and try to fly...

^o)

(Sorry off topic... )

Abu Loren
03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I have read all Harry Potters and still I haven`t any interest to go to the roof of my house with the broom and try to fly...

^o)

(Sorry off topic... )
LOL don't do it it's not real!

Raaina
03-04-2013, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Salam,

These are some of my favourites:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Ahhhh how did I forget this one! One of the best fiction books I've read in a long time!,

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
its k sis just dont go off topic to much they'll close my thread :p

JazakAllah khayrun gng to write the names of those books ive got plenty of time can read them.

didn't read much today my lil nephew was over so I hid my phone :p

Qurratul Ayn
03-04-2013, 07:30 PM
OK so by that same reckoning then music and movies are ok too. You can watch movies and listen to music as it won't affect your life. It's the content. Like the brother said Harry Potter practices magic and other haram stuff, if as a Muslim, you like that then all power to you. I'm not being nasty.
OK, reading and listening to music/watching movies are completely different. Yes, it is the content, but as I said it's the person themselves if they allow themselves to be affected by all the fictional stuff in books, I personally don't see harm in reading fiction and OK I hold my hands up to Harry Potter, I would never have read them if I knew there were inappropriate parts and I know that magic is Haraam but what is wrong about reading up on it and making yourselves aware of it? Nothing. And regarding the books, it is made up, you know? Plus it's all bogus anyway.

I know you're not being nasty.

What I mean is that from my own personal experience I tried to fit in where I was brought up, London in this case, and I did all the things that the locals do, it's very difficult to seperate yourself from them because you are in contact with them 24/7.
I never wanted to fit in. I was happy being me and practising my Deen especially in a Caucasian dominated area where I grew up. And I still had friends, was accepted for who I am :alhamd: but I know that it is not the same for everyone and am quite saddened upon learning that aspect of your life :ia: you are stronger and better than who you were

But most people like to follow the latest trend and fashion.
I'm not most people. Therefore I don't follow the crowd.

Anyways, Brother Abu Loren, forgive me if I had offended you or had a negative attitude towards your posts, that was not my intention.

P.S. Apologies once again, Periwinkle18 last post and I promise then back on topic :D

:salamext:

Abu Loren
03-04-2013, 07:37 PM

OK, reading and listening to music/watching movies are completely different. Yes, it is the content, but as I said it's the person themselves if they allow themselves to be affected by all the fictional stuff in books, I personally don't see harm in reading fiction and OK I hold my hands up to Harry Potter, I would never have read them if I knew there were inappropriate parts and I know that magic is Haraam but what is wrong about reading up on it and making yourselves aware of it? Nothing. And regarding the books, it is made up, you know? Plus it's all bogus anyway.

I know you're not being nasty.

I never wanted to fit in. I was happy being me and practising my Deen especially in a Caucasian dominated area where I grew up. And I still had friends, was accepted for who I am :alhamd: but I know that it is not the same for everyone and am quite saddened upon learning that aspect of your life :ia: you are stronger and better than who you were

I'm not most people. Therefore I don't follow the crowd.

Anyways, Brother Abu Loren, forgive me if I had offended you or had a negative attitude towards your posts, that was not my intention.

P.S. Apologies once again, Periwinkle18 last post and I promise then back on topic :D

:salamext:
No offence taken.

Masha'Allah your imaan is strong and it seems you can keep dunya at an arms pace.

Allahu Alum! And may He protect us from what is harmful to us Ameen.

Naeema
03-05-2013, 08:51 PM
I also recommend The Book Thief - just excellent. I also like the House of Sand and Fog, although it makes me cry.

Two of my favorite fun books are:
The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gillman (Written in the 1960's, it is about an elderly widow who decides to apply for a job at the CIA. Hijinks ensue. In the following book, she's rehired by the CIA and ends up in Turkey.)
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith (Written in the 1990's, this novel focuses on a woman who becomes a private detective out of a strong interest in meeting the needs of her fellow citizens of Botswana. Through this novel and the next, Botswana and general family values are portrayed in a positive light.)

Periwinkle18
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
cool will check those out too

Jalal~
03-06-2013, 04:04 AM
I mean of course Harry Potter is made up, and of course no "mature" person would copy mr. potter. But harry potter books are geared towards elementary and middle school kids. And when i read these books back then, my friends and I would have long pointless discussions about wizards. On plenty occasions I've actually taken a broom and ran around the house pretending I was playing Quittdich or whatever sport it was. Did you know they actually have a mini college sport that is based off this game? Also, My friends and I would have "wand battles" with our pencils, and kill each other. "AVADA KEDAVRA" lol. We bought custom harry potter diaries and played the video games on the playstation. Harry Potter was the "thing" back then when we were kids, and we seriously wanted to be like him i every aspect. Any person who hates reading has definitely read at least one Harry Potter book. They were just that addicting, but at the same time, didn't bring any benefit whatsoever.

But of course, if an adult read the book or a mature teenager, then they wouldn't act like this. I promise you, these books aren't meant for little kids, and these young ones definitely make up the majority of the people who read these books. I feel like a loser knowing his whole story, and Daniel Radcliffe's biography, but not having a clue what the biography of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). Look at how thick these books are, how engrossed kids become in them, reading them until midnight. You think any of these kids can pick up a hadith collection on Bukhari and do the same? no way.

So i say hats off to whoever isn't influenced by these ridiculous books. I seriously wished i could be so influenced by the Quran or something actually worth reading than lame Harry Potter. This dude came back to life for a second time, he didnt deserve to win in the end anyways, lol...

Jalal~
03-06-2013, 04:19 AM
yea sorry for going off topic....i just realized my terrible rant on harry potter, so so so sorry.

but anyways, hows the reading?

Al-Mufarridun
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
is the book avaliable online??
Free PDF: Book of Five Rings

If you want to buy it, you can find it online. get the victor harris translation (1974).

Periwinkle18
03-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Free PDF: Book of Five Rings

If you want to buy it, you can find it online. get the victor harris translation (1974).
JazakAllah khayrun i'll download it on my cell.

but anyways, hows the reading?
lol its ok, good thing u let it out :p

hmm readings gng good alhumdulilah n now i hav a list of books (thanks to u guys) tht i really wanna read :)

rite now im reading a book called 'Burning boats' by zaynab dawood frm the islamic foundation uk its nice i like it.

does anyone know where i could download 'rashid and the missing body' by hassan radwan?? its frm the islamic foundation too

actually we dont usually get islamic foundation books frm here n theres this one place u cn find them frm buh its way too expensive.

Periwinkle18
03-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Lol this is how i read :p

i srsly love this coffee :p

Periwinkle18
03-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Series of Unfortunate Events - 13 books total. kind of depressing, but you really feel a strong love for the three main characters and hope that everything goes well for them
unfortunate events watched the movie didnt like it much :S

Muhaba
03-06-2013, 04:55 PM
I mean of course Harry Potter is made up, and of course no "mature" person would copy mr. potter. But harry potter books are geared towards elementary and middle school kids. And when i read these books back then, my friends and I would have long pointless discussions about wizards. On plenty occasions I've actually taken a broom and ran around the house pretending I was playing Quittdich or whatever sport it was. Did you know they actually have a mini college sport that is based off this game? Also, My friends and I would have "wand battles" with our pencils, and kill each other. "AVADA KEDAVRA" lol. We bought custom harry potter diaries and played the video games on the playstation. Harry Potter was the "thing" back then when we were kids, and we seriously wanted to be like him i every aspect. Any person who hates reading has definitely read at least one Harry Potter book. They were just that addicting, but at the same time, didn't bring any benefit whatsoever.

But of course, if an adult read the book or a mature teenager, then they wouldn't act like this. I promise you, these books aren't meant for little kids, and these young ones definitely make up the majority of the people who read these books. I feel like a loser knowing his whole story, and Daniel Radcliffe's biography, but not having a clue what the biography of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). Look at how thick these books are, how engrossed kids become in them, reading them until midnight. You think any of these kids can pick up a hadith collection on Bukhari and do the same? no way.

So i say hats off to whoever isn't influenced by these ridiculous books. I seriously wished i could be so influenced by the Quran or something actually worth reading than lame Harry Potter. This dude came back to life for a second time, he didnt deserve to win in the end anyways, lol...
So true that we spend more time reading fiction than on religious material. actually some fiction should be read since there's no fatwa (to my knowledge) making them haram. for example we have hadith about music being haram but i haven't heard of anything regarding fiction stories. I write fiction and some ppl have told me that it is equivalent to lying and shouldn't be done. but my reply has always been that i'm not telling ppl these are true stories. i clearly say they are fiction, s it isn't really a lie, is it? a lie is where you tell ppl something is true when it's not. even still i now write stories mostly depicting muslim culture and /or containing some form of moral in it.

yet, i agree that much time should be spent on islamic knowledgeable material, reading fiction only once in a while for entertainment. nothing should become a hindrance from learning religion or performing acts of worship (prayer, fast etc). You can find some interesting articles on islamic History at http:www.lostislamichistory.com .

Periwinkle18
03-06-2013, 06:07 PM
omg u guys have to read 'burning bosts' by zaynab dawood published by the islmic foundation its islamic+ fiction :) for 12+ buh I liked it. those living in th UK are lucky cuz they'll easily find it there.

Haya emaan
03-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Agatha Christie detective stories? just reading one..

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 11:09 AM

i read the book!!

sorry was away couldn't tell u wht i thought abt it well i actually kinda liked it wish someone could make a video or something it would hav been easier to know the strategies etc

The book reminded me of a japanese anime i used to watch called samurai x (sony dub version) a.k.a himura kenshin.

lol then i did a lil research on japanese swords like the sakabatu (reversed edge sword) , the katana n the tachi there r so many lol.

so yeah i kinda liked the book :) JazakAllah

tearose
03-29-2013, 11:49 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
some fiction should be read since there's no fatwa (to my knowledge) making them haram. for example we have hadith about music being haram but i haven't heard of anything regarding fiction stories. I write fiction and some ppl have told me that it is equivalent to lying and shouldn't be done. but my reply has always been that i'm not telling ppl these are true stories. i clearly say they are fiction, s it isn't really a lie, is it?
According to this fatwa (if I understood correctly) writing fiction stories is ok as long as you make clear that it is not a true story and that the content is beneficial and teaches people something about Islam. http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4505/fiction

GuestFellow
03-29-2013, 11:58 AM
:wa:

Wouldn't it be obvious for most people that its not a true story? It would be pretty unusual if all fiction books had some sort of label stating "this is not a true story"...

tearose
03-29-2013, 12:06 PM
I thought most books did have a kind of standard phrase on the first page along with the publication info - it's something like 'any resemblance to persons living or dead is merely coincidental'. Something like that.

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
just read Anne Frank's diary wasnt tht good didnt like it :S

Falling leaves my Adeline yen mah was really good.

uptill now i guess burning boats by zaynab dawood was amazing.

جوري
03-29-2013, 10:16 PM

Lol this is how i read :p

i srsly love this coffee :p

and this is how I read what you're reading:

ccc
03-29-2013, 11:15 PM
i propose you Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". it is more than a psihological novel, you shall see some real interior conflicts in it.

جوري
03-29-2013, 11:29 PM
we've all read Dostoyevsky in junior high.. time to move on!

White Rose
03-30-2013, 02:41 AM
just read Anne Frank's diary wasnt tht good didnt like it :S

Falling leaves my Adeline yen mah was really good.

uptill now i guess burning boats by zaynab dawood was amazing.
May I know what is burning boats about ukthi :thumbs_up?

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 07:01 AM

Tobay is a small fishing hamlet on a tropical coast which provides a modest though reliable provision for the local villagers.

The village has always been a peaceful and safe place, however life has become disrupted by a power hungry individual, Abbas. Abbas resorts to threats, bribery and violence to fulfil his selfish desires to take control of the harbour and the surrounding farmland.

The people of the village both old and young rise to this challenge courageously but will their faith, wisdom and perseverance against all odds be enough to win the battle...

its a childrens book but i really liked the way it was written.

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ

and this is how I read what you're reading:

omg ice cream me want!!!

:( not allowed to have it at the mo :(

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
we've all read Dostoyevsky in junior high.. time to move on!
i havn't :embarrass

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Thinking of reading Malcolm x nxt has anyone read it?? How's the book??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!