/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haraam to marry if you cant drive your wife in a car

anonymous
03-04-2013, 01:48 PM
In my society , it is the norm for a man to have a car and It is considered as a prerequisite for marriage just as a high salary is .Now my question Is marriage haraam if you cannot afford a vehicle or if you cant drive because of other personal reasons.I want verses from the quran or hadith to prove that this is haraam . Please provide the same I believe no parent has a right to make something haraam what Allah has made halal. They say we cant get you married because you cant drive which I think is crap.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
:sl:

Just my opinion based on over 60 years experience as a parent and grandparent.

The nature of your post is ringing very loud bells.

The fact you are posting this is a very strong indication you are simply too young to marry.

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Salam...

Is this a serious questiion? :hmm:

anonymous
03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
No woodrow, i am over 30 years old . Is that too young ? Oh yes , what does that hadith say "when a man reaches an age of responsibility , he should marry" ? am i an irresponsible man for not driving. Conveyance issues can always be addressed using public transport

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Why don't you learn to drive car?

Woodrow
03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
No woodrow, i am over 30 years old . Is that too young ? Oh yes , what does that hadith say "when a man reaches an age of responsibility , he should marry" ? am i an irresponsible man for not driving. Conveyance issues can always be addressed using public transport
Now that changes things. I apologize, the Question looked like something I usually see from a 15 year old or younger.

To answer the question in the simplest form. I do not know of any hadith that would require a man to be able drive a car. While it is a handy thing to know, it is not needed for marriage unless you live out in the wilderness away from civilization.

Now I can not understand why you are still living with your parents. If you are past 30 it seems to me someone has failed in their responsibility to you.

Muhaba
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
If you have a physical defect - or a fear of driving - that doesn't allow you to drive, then that matter can be discussed with the potential spouse and her family. there is no reason why not being able to drive should keep you from marrying. the wife can learn to drive and do the driving. i'm sure more would be eager to drive instead of the husband. alternately, you can hire a driver, even a lady driver as they have in the Gulf countries.

no, not being able to drive doesn't make marriage haraam. not being able to have conjugal relations most likely would be a valid cause for not being allowed to marry and would be a valid reason for divorce too.

Raaina
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Wouldn't this come under a man must look after his wife within his means? If you can't drive/can't afford to learn etc.... I can't see how someone can deny you marriage just for this. Unless it is her personal choice

Alpha Dude
03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Having a car is not a prerequisite for marriage. Nothing in Islam says marriage is haram without one.

Futuwwa
03-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I suppose that before the automobile was invented, all marriages were haram? ^o)

As a husband, you are obliged to care for the well-being of your wife. Not appease her vanity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!