/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Fruit?

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Assalam alaykum,

What is your favourite fruit and why?

And how do you like to eat fruits? Im hoping to start eating more fruits so would be good if people shared ideas of different ways they eat fruit..

My favourite are mangoes, because I love the sweetness, and tangerines because I love the tangy and soury taste.. :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
:wa:

dates as Prophet pbuh used to eat it.

unripe mango . Love the taste .

Woodrow
03-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Durian---:D

Not really, I never was able to get up the courage to eat one.

Actually, my favorite fruit that is easily available here is strawberries. Not the big cultivated ones but the little wild ones.

Like these in this picture I found online

SOURCE

sister herb
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Strawberries, lemon, watermelon, orange...

:p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
03-04-2013, 05:38 PM
I love nearly all fruits. of course, all fruits are equal but some fruits are more equal than others. so i do prefer guava and mangoes. i mean, i might get bored of other fruits if i eat too many but i can never have enough of guavas and mangoes.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Mexican Guavas

These are soooo fragrant! I love them because of their creamy texture, tangy hint the peel has and it is not overly sweet... it's just really REALLY good. I get very nostalgic when I eat them too lol, takes me back to my childhood. My grandparents used to have several guavea trees.

and fresh Lychees (in this image u get to see the fruit with the peel, then without and also the pits)

I love Lychees because they are not overly sweet (I don't really fancy super sweet fruit) and when they are just right, they have a hint of rose flavor. I didn't discover these until i was about 20 or 21, but they quickly made it to my top 5 faves. :D

- cOsMiC

Scimitar
03-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I like me grapes :) I like to bite into the grape slowly, and savour the sweet juices on the tip of my tongue before I pop another into my mouth... up to 4 at a time. nom nom nom nom.

Re.TiReD
03-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I eat bananas the most.

Finished off strawberries yday

Started a huge melon today, don't know how long that will take me to eat :hiding:

Requested hubby to bring lychees today, let's see...

My request of grapes arrived yday :D

Basically I <3 all fruits but I tried something called a custard apple and it just wasn't my cuppa chai.

http://4photos.net/photosv5/custard_...1345742041.jpg

Scimitar
03-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Custard apples, they sour and sweet, and taste slightly sickly... indian fruit, grows in the garden in india (lots of fruit trees there)... I didn't like it at first. But it kinda grew on me, and now I'm craving one lol.

Raaina
03-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Lychees, Mango, Grapes and pears are my favourite :)

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
lol not fruit but fruits I love strawberries, oranges,lychees,grapes,bananas,kiw,pomegranates and apples :p

cuz they're really yummy =)

Alhumdulilah

Oh and mangoes too how cn I forget mangoes :p

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Durian---:D

Not really, I never was able to get up the courage to eat one.

Actually, my favorite fruit that is easily available here is strawberries. Not the big cultivated ones but the little wild ones.

Like these in this picture I found online

SOURCE
Oooh Ive never heard of those (I just googled Durian, weird looking at the least :p ) The tiny strawberries look cute, they reminded me of blackberries we used to pick off trees. They were tiny aswell.

format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
I love nearly all fruits. of course, all fruits are equal but some fruits are more equal than others. so i do prefer guava and mangoes. i mean, i might get bored of other fruits if i eat too many but i can never have enough of guavas and mangoes.
Lol at bolded part. Did you ever put salt on your guavas? I know Pakistanis do that :p

format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
Mexican Guavas

These are soooo fragrant! I love them because of their creamy texture, tangy hint the peel has and it is not overly sweet... it's just really REALLY good. I get very nostalgic when I eat them too lol, takes me back to my childhood. My grandparents used to have several guavea trees.

and fresh Lychees (in this image u get to see the fruit with the peel, then without and also the pits)

I love Lychees because they are not overly sweet (I don't really fancy super sweet fruit) and when they are just right, they have a hint of rose flavor. I didn't discover these until i was about 20 or 21, but they quickly made it to my top 5 faves. :D

- cOsMiC
Lychees seem verrrrrrry popular on this thread. Ive never actually had a lychee :hmm: Whenever I see a picture it reminds me of Kiwis. Mmmmmmmm Kiwis.. forgot about those ;D and OMG theyre pink, wow.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I like me grapes :) I like to bite into the grape slowly, and savour the sweet juices on the tip of my tongue before I pop another into my mouth... up to 4 at a time. nom nom nom nom.
Funnily enough, I was eating grapes when I thought of this thread :happy:

format_quote Originally Posted by Re.TiReD
I eat bananas the most.

Started a huge melon today, don't know how long that will take me to eat :hiding:

Basically I <3 all fruits but I tried something called a custard apple and it just wasn't my cuppa chai.

I used to LOVE bananas, dont like them so much now, dont know why :hmm: I love watermelons too, not normal melons so much. I could eat a WHOLE watermelon myself, I think.

format_quote Originally Posted by Raaina
Lychees, Mango, Grapes and pears are my favourite :)
Everyone keeps saying Lychees and Mangoes.. I MUST TRY LYCHEES!

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 07:10 PM
sis what u cn do is cut diff fruits n make fruit chaat or fruit salad.

squeeze 2-3 oranges put the juice in a bowl add the fruits you've cut sprinkle some sugar and enjoy :)

sister herb
03-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Wasn´t durian that fruit what smells like... hmmm... awful?

+o(

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 07:15 PM
I eat bananas the most.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Custard apples, they sour and sweet, and taste slightly sickly... indian fruit, grows in the garden in india (lots of fruit trees there)... I didn't like it at first. But it kinda grew on me, and now I'm craving one lol.
Hmm, it looks really weird :p And why is it called custard apple, does it taste like a sweet creamy apple? It sure doesnt look like one.

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
sis what u cn do is cut diff fruits n make fruit chaat or fruit salad.

squeeze 2-3 oranges put the juice in a bowl add the fruits you've cut sprinkle some sugar and enjoy :)
Ooh, yep, might try that, I used to have fruit chaat made with cream. Yummy.

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Sis you can make mango or banana milkshakes ;)

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Sis you can make mango or banana milkshakes ;)
Haha, I used to LOVE mango milkshake but Im too lazy to make it anymore :( I love mango lassi tho, that is the best drink I have ever tasted. I could drink a gallon of it. I like strawberry milkshake too..

Jedi_Mindset
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Apples, pears, bananas, pineapples, mangos...

delicious, when i eat them i wont stop. :D

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
ppl usually put chaat masala on fruit chaats but tht ruins everything I love fruits the way they are no masalas or kala namak(black salt) :p

Re.TiReD
03-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Haha @ the Durian comment, yep that's the one sister harb :D I've heard so much about it I don't think I'd ever try it :/

The custard apple tasted more custardy then appley, everybody else liked it, just not me :embarrass

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 07:23 PM
I like pineapples ,pear, custard apples and grape fruit guess I like all the fruits except a few.

omg lassi I love lassi, summers coming soon can't wait to make lassi yhe thick sweet creamy one mmmm. :p

Re.TiReD
03-04-2013, 07:25 PM
^ I miss Pakistan. I miss sugarcane too. I used to buy a really long stick for 10 rupees from the uncle on the street corner :p

Ooh I like kiwi's too

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 07:35 PM
sugarcane juice is the best . I buy it wenever I go to Sunday (dha) bazaar :p the guys takes the juice out rite in front of u n its just amazing.

lol sis u wont get tht stick for 10rupees anymore :p

Raaina
03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Awwww sugarcane juice. I had that in Pakistan once. Don't think it'll be the same unless you see it being made by the guy on the street.

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 07:48 PM
ppl usually put chaat masala on fruit chaats but tht ruins everything I love fruits the way they are no masalas or kala namak(black salt) :p
I know, right? I hate fruit chaat with the masala in, it doesnt taste right, I had it once at the neighbours house and didnt like it. I dont like cooked fruits either, like in fruit tarts and pies and stuff, I just dont understand why people would ruin it like that. :p

joyous fairy
03-04-2013, 07:50 PM
^ I miss Pakistan. I miss sugarcane too. I used to buy a really long stick for 10 rupees from the uncle on the street corner :p

Ooh I like kiwi's too

sugarcane juice is the best . I buy it wenever I go to Sunday (dha) bazaar :p the guys takes the juice out rite in front of u n its just amazing.

lol sis u wont get tht stick for 10rupees anymore :p
format_quote Originally Posted by Raaina
Awwww sugarcane juice. I had that in Pakistan once. Don't think it'll be the same unless you see it being made by the guy on the street.
Is sugarcane classed as a fruit? I had some when I went Pakistan, I used to like it but I dont like it anymore. Then again, maybe the one we get in UK stores are a lot different :hmm:

Re.TiReD
03-04-2013, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy

Is sugarcane classed as a fruit? I had some when I went Pakistan, I used to like it but I dont like it anymore. Then again, maybe the one we get in UK stores are a lot different :hmm:
No I don't think it is sis, I just remembered it because periwinkle mentioned lassi which reminds me of pakistan and sugarcane reminds me of pakistan too :p

The ones we get in the UK are dry

Periwinkle18
03-04-2013, 08:08 PM
if its not a fruit then wht is it? I saw them inthe fruit section today at the supermarket

Re.TiReD
03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
if its not a fruit then wht is it? I saw them inthe fruit section today at the supermarket
I don't know I'm just going with google on this one lol

tearose
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I love dates, especially the really soft ones...when I used to go to my friend's house in Ramadan she always had dates and milk with cinnamon for breaking the fast, that goes really well together.
I really like banana or strawberry milkshake.
I also like apples or little oranges like satsumas or tangerines, just to eat as they are

sister herb
03-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Many sisters here seem to like the most fruit called "milkshake".

;D

Hulk
03-04-2013, 08:30 PM
i dont think i have a fav but i love tis

Ramadan90
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
There are so many fruits that I really like, but if I have to choose one then it will be mangoes.

Qurratul Ayn
03-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I like eating blackberries, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, gooseberries, cranberries... I like berries, basically

BUT, above all, I really enjoy DRINKING variety of fruit juices... Rather than eating fruit itself...

:lol:

Woodrow
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
i dont think i have a fav but i love tis

:wa:

That looks like Durian. You are brave.

username95
03-04-2013, 11:59 PM
My favourite fruits are mangoes aswell ^^...well its actually the only fruit i enjoy eating, not a fan of fruits.

Amat Allah
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
I love all fruits and some of them are unknown to some people as I noticed, lets just post ya the pics and see if you will:

Sugar apple we call it Shafallah (locally) and people of Sham call it Qishtah, it is the best when it's dark from outside (black)

Pithecellobium_dulce we call it Allawz Al Hindi and has other names too, used to pick it ma way to school (old days)

Kaka, it is so sweet and makes your mouth feels strange

There are many other beautiful local fruits which I am sure that they are unknown to you but couldn't find them online

ardianto
03-05-2013, 12:37 AM

Wanna try "honey pineapple" from Subang?. You can buy in Jalan Cagak, when you go from Bandung to Subang.

Mangoes, from Indramayu. The orange colored are "gedong gincu", the most expensive. I always visited mangoes stall like this and bought mangoes when I visited my dad hometown, in Indramayu.

Amat Allah
03-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Forgot the Citron

Which has been mentioned in a saheeh hadith:

Imam Al Bukhari and Imam Muslim both narrated in their Sahih the following:

عن أبى موسى الأشعرى قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: مثل المؤمن الذى يقرأ القرآن مثل الأترجة ريحها طيب وطعمها طيب ,ومثل المؤمن الذى لا يقرأ القرآن مثل التمرة لا ريح لها وطعمها حلو ,ومثل المنافق الذى يقرأ القرآن مثل الريحانة ريحها طيب وطعمها مر ,ومثل المنافق الذى لا يقرأ القرآن كمثل الحنظلة ليس لها ريح وطعمها مر

متفق عليه

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:

Allah's Apostle said, "The example of a Believer who recites the Quran, is that of a citron which smells good and tastes good; And the example of a Believer who does not recite the Quran, is that of a date which has no smell but tastes sweet; and the example of a hypocrite who recites the Quran, is that of an aromatic plant which smells good but tastes bitter; and the example of a hypocrite who does not recite the Quran, is that of a colocynth plant which has no smell and is bitter in taste."

(Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Some people differentiate not between it and the grapefruit

specs
03-05-2013, 02:41 AM
sweet: mangoes, bananas and small green grapes! :)

Qurratul Ayn
03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

Many members of my family like the sugar apple fruit... I don't know what it's called in my mother tongue but I find it +o(

This is interesting... I've never seen it but it looks quite tasty!!!

Now this is very, very, very nice. Again I don't know the name of it in my mother tongue, I just call it very, sweet orange. Lol

Periwinkle18
03-05-2013, 08:32 AM
custard apple = shareefa in urdu

n persimmon = japani phal

duno wht the red thing is

like cherries too :p

ardianto
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Rujak, everybody?

In Indonesia we eat fruits with sauce that made from palm sugar, tamarind, peanuts, and chilli. It's called "rujak".

Al-Mufarridun
03-05-2013, 11:35 AM
my favs are Dates, Mangoes, Guavas, Grapes.

There is a type of cherry that i like but don't really know if it has a specific name.

Woodrow
03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

+o(
You are correct. It is so strong smelling it is illegal to sell in some countries. Yet, those who like it enjoy it it immensely. They say it is an acquired tase.

Paprika
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
litchis, grapes.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Bananas but when I can get them like this:

or like this:

or like this:

:D

Periwinkle18
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
^ ahh banana milkshakes and banana splits :) yum yum

who wouldnt love that

*charisma*
03-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I love pomegranate, especially when it's freshly juiced!

I also love pineapple and red raspberries and sweet watermelon.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Taabuu
04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I like kiwi:embarrass
yummmmyyyyyyyyy

abo mussaab
04-17-2013, 10:08 AM
i like dates and orange:p

Taabuu
04-20-2013, 08:38 AM

Dates are very nutritious as well as tasty. Dates are used for breaking fast during Ramzan. All of us break fast during Ramzan by eating dates. Dates are very yummy and many food items can be prepared using dates.

muslimah bird
05-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Grapes

sister herb
05-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I like pomegranates too but mostly in here they comes from Israel... :exhausted so I don´t buy them.

Sir Fluffy
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
The most amazing, most delicious and splendid fruit on earth.....the Kiwi!

sister herb
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes kiwi is great but I am allergic to it (So called Anaphylaxis). imsad

introspective
05-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Too many to choose.

Dates (especially the Ajwa cultivar), cherries, guava, Jonathan apples, berries (except for gooseberries), grapes, starfruit, pineapple.

I don't like mangoes but I like mango juice. Strange?

sister herb
05-21-2013, 07:08 AM
^^ Not so strange. I don´t like apples but apple juice it yummy and apple pie is yummy yummy. :D

piXie
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Depends on my mood and the season :D

saleemkhan
05-31-2013, 06:01 AM
mango banana grapes apple

nila11
06-01-2013, 10:09 AM
all fruits are me favorites but strawberries is my also favorite fruit and i like to eat it strawberries for any type of Flavor like strawberries ice cream,strawberries shakes etc.

Muhaba
06-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Lately I have realized that I don't like oranges so much. I love tangarines but not oranges. Also, sometimes like apples and sometimes I don't. But cherries, mangoes, guavas, those I love.

Aisha
06-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Fruit is such a huge blessing. I'm rediscovering its yummyness now that I'm able to have it again after almost three years!

Apples, bananas and mangoes are my faves right now.

greenhill
06-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Mangosteen .... sadly, I cannot have too much as I will get an allergic reaction to it but it is mmmmmm.

Chikoo (ciku) or in English, Sapodilla fruit.

and watermelon juice. I like Figs too!

Hulk
06-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Something I really like

avocado juice

جوري
06-05-2013, 01:05 AM
I love avocado in guacamole but it seems savory to me how do you have it in juice? is it heavy? what do you add to it?
I generally like any fruit that is juicy and in season. I hate out of season fruits they are off putting.. peaches when they're ripe in the summer and berries and watermelons, pears and mangoes and guava but especially figs I am such a sucker for figs especially when paired with the right cheese and bread.. Oh God what a heavenly regal fruit..
I feel hungry and I already brushed my teeth yes pearly :D

Hulk
06-05-2013, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
I love avocado in guacamole but it seems savory to me how do you have it in juice? is it heavy? what do you add to it?
I generally like any fruit that is juicy and in season. I hate out of season fruits they are off putting.. peaches when they're ripe in the summer and berries and watermelons, pears and mangoes and guava but especially figs I am such a sucker for figs especially when paired with the right cheese and bread.. Oh God what a heavenly regal fruit..
I feel hungry and I already brushed my teeth yes pearly
;D I see someone's in the mood for some fruits!
Yes it is thick! I've never made it myself before, only had it at restaurants all this while. It's not a common drink where I live but when I go somewhere that serves it I would order it :statisfie. It's pretty thick I think it can be classified as dessert. Perhaps one of these day if I find an avocado I can try juicing it myself.

Beardo
06-05-2013, 03:32 AM
It really depends on my mood, but I'd say watermelon and mangoes. I especially like mangoes because it's naturally sweat but you can make it spicy by adding some chilli powder on it. :)

greenhill
06-05-2013, 03:39 AM
I've had that avocado juice Hulk. Thick! Nice. Don't see it very often.

ardianto
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Chikoo (ciku) or in English, Sapodilla fruit.
It's called "sawo" in Indonesia. I like it. It's sweet, and also the tree is quite good as an ornamental tree in parks.

----

By the way, when I visited a supermarket I've ever laughed when I saw durian. Nothing funny with this "king of fruits", but I laughed because durian always remind me to LAT cartoon.

;D

nila11
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Walaykum salam
My favorite fruit is apple. It has taste is good. I like eat apple because it has lot of benefits. It has little bit sourly and sweet. If we eat apples our blood is more fresh and our skin also fresh. So ,I like eat apple.

crimsontide06
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Tomato..

truthseeker63
06-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I like Oranges.

ardianto
06-15-2013, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Tomato..

In a marketplace

"Where can I find tomatoes?"
"In the vegetables section, sir!"

glo
06-15-2013, 04:19 PM
:)

Periwinkle18
06-15-2013, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
:)

I love strawberries is this from ur garden??

glo
06-15-2013, 07:27 PM
I love strawberries is this from ur garden??
Yes, they were big that year. I think we had a lot of rain.

sister herb
06-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Looks a giant strawberry. I bet one is enough to the whole family. ;D

glo
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Looks a giant strawberry. I bet one is enough to the whole family. ;D
Actually, what it had in size it lacked in taste. It was a bit watery.
I have a picture where I pretend to bite into it - but I didn't think that was appropriate to post here. :)

UmmuShaheed
06-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Asalamu Alaykum
Mine are grapes, and mangoes. I love to eat grapes in the evening. And I like mangoes anytime:)

ardianto
09-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Pakistan and Indonesia have signed a new agreement of agricultural products export/import.

In shaa Allah, it will make me easier to find my favorite Pakistani Kinnow Orange in the market.

ardianto
09-28-2013, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

+o(
Malaysian durians cause panic in Australia

A few packs of Malaysian top-notch Musang King and D24 durians being delivered to a lab in Sydney, Australia, have caused a stir after an agricultural team of Malaysia’s Sydney consulate examined the delivery and nearby office staff mistook the distinctive smell of the fruits for a gas leak.

In an office in downtown Sydney, the strong, pungent smell of the durians went into the ventilation system and reached adjoining offices, whose staff started panicking and set off a gas leak alert. Emergency teams arrived and evacuated the whole floor "within minutes", reports said on September 7.

The Malaysian consulate explained to the emergency staff that the smell in fact was from the durians and it was harmless, and said the officers were left "amazed and puzzled."

Even hours after everything was clarified, newly arriving office staff still became suspicious about the prevailing scent.

To avoid further misunterstandings, the consulate decided to move any operations connected to durians to the Malaysia Hall in Sydney, a students’ accommodation for Malaysian exchange students, where the durian smell "is very well received," as Malaysia’s Sydney Consulate agriculture director Muhammad Rudy Khairudin Mohd Nor put it.

"Who would have thought that exporting durians to Australia could be so challenging?" he said.

http://investvine.com/malaysian-duri...-in-australia/

:p

shayanjameel08
10-29-2013, 11:28 AM
I really think that mangos are the best fruit because there not to sour not to sweet it's just right. Once I start to eat, I can't stop! " ah mangos"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!