/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Smoking Cigarettes Actually Haram?

Iceee
03-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I know this might seem like a weird question but my friend and I had a discussion.

He's Muslim and he asked whether I had smoked cigarette before. My parents always told me smoking was haram, whether it was cigarettes or marijuana sticks. And so did relatives.

He says it is "Mukru" or something. He says there's no mention of smoking cigarettes in the Quran, Hadith, and the scholars have mixed feelings. He told me that smoking cigarettes is allowed, marijuana is not allowed.

You can smoke cigarettes, but there's no sin involved right?
Malt beer without alcohol is also allowed right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A,Jusufi
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM
everything which harms us is forbidden or haram
also those Allah s.w.t has forbided to us they are haram.

Iceee
03-07-2013, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A,Jusufi
everything which harms us is forbidden or haram
also those Allah s.w.t has forbided to us they are haram.
Need examples from Quran because all I can see is that cigarettes aren't haram, doesn't cause any sin, isn't mentioned in the Quran/hadith.

جوري
03-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Al-Baqara (The Cow) [2:195]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Waanfiqoo fee sabeeli Allahi wala tulqoo biaydeekum ila alttahlukati waahsinoo inna Allaha yuhibbu almuhsineena

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
03-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Salaam.
I told my friend this; that because smoking harms your body it is haram.

format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
2:195 And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.
smoking causes a laundry list of destruction to the self and others!
He says that well... "sugar harms your body. Is that haram as well?"

جوري
03-08-2013, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.
I told my friend this; that because smoking harms your body it is haram.

How does sugar harm your body? your brain only functions only on glucose even in a state of starvation, unless you're over eating and diabetic and using artificial crap.
I have low patience for dumb teenagers looking for an excuse to have a bad habit.
If he wants to smoke, he can smoke his way to lung/bladder cancer, emphysema COPD and the other laundry list for all I care. I think we've all done our part here and provided you with Quranic evidence and literature on smoking is available through your or his PCP's office!

Iceee
03-08-2013, 02:40 AM
I have low patience for dumb teenagers looking for an excuse to have a bad habit.
I shall say that to him.
He believes its mahrum, "That smoking cigarettes doesn't cause sin but is bad for your health."
It probably is mahrum but I should probably leave it at that.

جوري
03-08-2013, 02:44 AM
you should be firm but kind. It is a disgusting habit and I have known people who came to the ER due to secondary hand smoke with severe exacerbation there is actually on reported death.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...smoke_exposure

My sister has terrible asthma due to smoking. I don't care if people have a desire to harm themselves but when they hurt innocent people around them then we all have every right to be angry and upset.

Do you think it is fair?

islamica
03-08-2013, 03:29 AM
It is often the ignorant, cultural and those wishing to follow their desires that find excuses for the haram.

Ruling on smoking.

The reason why smoking is haraam .

Ruling on smoking and chewing tobacco .

Iceee
03-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
It is often the ignorant, cultural and those wishing to follow their desires that find excuses for the haram.
Actually, my friend said he tried smoking 5-6 times a couple of years back... a few times. I asked him whether that was haram. He said it's mahrum, meaning "it is not haram to smoke since it's not written in the Quran or Hadith. But it is unhealthy for you."

The reason why smoking is haraam .
His mufti friend said otherwise. That smoking is mahrum. I believe different scholars have different opinions.

Do you think it is fair?
Of course this is not fair. Mothers smoking in front of their child, fathers doing the same. So sad.

Woodrow
03-08-2013, 05:48 AM
Several thoughts on smoking from an old man that had been smoking for nearly 60 years before accepting Islam.

1. Smoking does harm the body and takes a horrible toll on it when you reach your older years.

2. Does smoking serve any real purpose?

3. Look up the origins of smoking. It was originally a religious practice. Do you desire to practice another religion.

4. the more you look into the history and dangers of smoking the more the haram aspects of it become apparent.

5. Is there any sensible or beneficial reason to smoke?

sister herb
03-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Salam alaykum

Ask your friend is it ok if woman who is pregnant and smoke. Smoking cause harm to unborn child when woman smokes. Smoking is danger also to future father - it cause damages to sperm. Smoking may cause problems to him in the future life when he may like to make love with his wife. It may cause the situation that he physicly can´t.

:hiding:

The teachings of the Quran can´t include every words and matters we have now. Does in the Quran says that using cocaine is haram? No, there isn´t word cocaine but we know what cocaine is and we know using it is haram.

IslamicRevival
03-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Cigarette's damage vital organs of the body > Smoking kills > Suicide is prohibited

islamica
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Salaam.

His mufti friend said otherwise. That smoking is mahrum. I believe different scholars have different opinions.
wa'alaikuma s'salaam,

His mufti friend may be a mufti in Islam but not in health science. And I believe the word you are referring to is makruh (disliked). It is a known fact that that smoking causes lung cancer, and other vital organ failures. It harms the body severily. It causes death over time = slow suicide. And Allah commands us to not throw ourselves in destruction, which is what smoking does. Islam also commands us to not harm the body, it has a right over us, and our body is a loan to us, so how we treat it will be questioned after return it to Allah. Lastly, second hand smoking is 3-6x more deadly. So if someone dies because of 2nd smoke, people can say "makruh" all they want, he or she will seek justice before Allah against the smoker for the harm they caused him or her. That "makruh" excuse won't save the smokers then.

Scimitar
03-08-2013, 11:26 AM
tell him, that cigarettes are banned from the holy cities of Makkah and Madina... why is that?

I'm a smoker who is struggling with the addiction. And I will say yes it is haraam.

Scimi

Periwinkle18
03-08-2013, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Cigarette's damage vital organs of the body > Smoking kills > Suicide is prohibited
not only that it harms other ppl as well

i get really sick wen someones smoking near me n now i kinda sense it start coughing badly :S

its a horrible thing srsly.

Iceee
03-08-2013, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i get really sick wen someones smoking near me n now i kinda sense it start coughing badly :S
You should see me at the masjid praying beside a man who just finished his smoke and has now come to pray namaaz. I can't even breath through my nose.

I live in a condo (kind of like an apartment building), a man who just finished his smoke right outside our condo came and waited with me for the elevator. I live on the 16th floor, he lived on the 14th. The smell of smoke on his breath was so much that I quickly pressed 5 and left the elevator and took the stairs (which I normally do). The sad thing is; he was breathing from his nose and his mouth was shut.

Iceee
03-08-2013, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
3. Look up the origins of smoking. It was originally a religious practice. Do you desire to practice another religion.
Nice point Brother.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Ask your friend is it ok if woman who is pregnant and smoke. Smoking cause harm to unborn child when woman smokes. Smoking is danger also to future father - it cause damages to sperm. Smoking may cause problems to him in the future life when he may like to make love with his wife. It may cause the situation that he physicly can´t.
Now does smoking once or twice in your lifetime kill sperm or is it when you smoke everyday?

Iceee
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
tell him, that cigarettes are banned from the holy cities of Makkah and Madina... why is that?
Good point there. Hopefully sugar isn't banned in these Holy sites.

Abu Loren
03-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Picture this scenario

You decide to have a quick smoke before going inside the masjid and offer your prayers.
Considering that prayers are a direct communication with your Maker.
If you are a true believer, are you comfortable doing this?

Also

If people were smoking at the same time that they were drinking alcohol at the time of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) don't you think that cigarettes woul also be prohibited?

Something to ponder.

Umairr
03-08-2013, 07:31 PM

Asalamualykum warehmatullahi barkatuhu

Quran is a complete book which indicates an answer to any question and in fact Allah has made it perfect.
Allah says in the Quran not to follow your desires numerous times ,and smoking anything which satisfies the human is fulfilling a desire ,,,,which means you cannot follow Islam if you are smoking,it is better to leave smoking as soon as possible and if someone is a chain smoker he/she should have an intention of quitting ,avoiding carrying of matches ,lighters ,packs of cigarette ,and should even try not to spend money on these type of things as on the day of judgement a question would be raised to us that:where did you earn your money and on what did you spent it on and should seek Allah's help .

Qurratul Ayn
03-08-2013, 08:10 PM
:salamext:

Everyone knows smoking is very harmful for the internal organs, but it has an impact upon physical appearance as well. Oh yes. It's true.

- Yellow stained teeth
- Foul smelling breath
- Yellow coloured and stained fingernails and fingers
- Hair loss
- Rapid skin aging

Ewww. +o(+o(+o(+o(+o(

Not to mention, the cost! The ridiculous amount of hard-earned money spent on this wasteman of a product.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Smoking-an...ance&id=464020

Abu Loren
03-08-2013, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:salamext:

Everyone knows smoking is very harmful for the internal organs, but it has an impact upon physical appearance as well. Oh yes. It's true.

- Yellow stained teeth
- Foul smelling breath
- Yellow coloured and stained fingernails and fingers
- Hair loss
- Rapid skin aging

Ewww. +o(+o(+o(+o(+o(

Not to mention, the cost! The ridiculous amount of hard-earned money spent on this wasteman of a product.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Smoking-an...ance&id=464020
I remember working with heavy smokers and they displayed all the symptoms as quoted above, not to mention that they have to leave work for every five minutes to do their dirty deed. :raging:

Scimitar
03-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Good point there. Hopefully sugar isn't banned in these Holy sites.
I can see that talking with you will be a bit like talking to a 14 yr old. I mean that in a nice way (innocence) ;)

Salaam

Salahudeen
03-11-2013, 01:36 AM
I was told those scholars who passed fatwa saying smoking is makrooh did so many years ago, before the negative effects of smoking upon the body were known. How accurate that is Allah knows best.

QueenofHerts
03-12-2013, 12:14 AM
I believe it is as it is harming your body

Ahmad H
03-12-2013, 03:51 AM
I know this might seem like a weird question but my friend and I had a discussion.

He's Muslim and he asked whether I had smoked cigarette before. My parents always told me smoking was haram, whether it was cigarettes or marijuana sticks. And so did relatives.

He says it is "Mukru" or something. He says there's no mention of smoking cigarettes in the Quran, Hadith, and the scholars have mixed feelings. He told me that smoking cigarettes is allowed, marijuana is not allowed.

You can smoke cigarettes, but there's no sin involved right?
Malt beer without alcohol is also allowed right?
Marijuana may not be alcohol, but it changes the state of your mind. People have told me they find things funny which they normally didn't. This is obviously wrong since you cannot expect to take your prayers seriously, nor the same with reading Qur'an or hearing a Khutbah from an Imam.

As for smoking, I have heard an Imam once say that if the Holy Prophet (saw) had seen smoking, then he would have forbidden it. It is a disgusting habit, and bad smells emanate from a person after having smoked a cigarette. it is bad hygiene for prayer when standing in a congregational prayer because people will be offended by the smell. And Angels don't like that smell just like humans wouldn't.

I don't know about Malt. I would stay away from a beer even if it doesn't have alcohol, personally. Although it might just be a drink like any other. If there is no intoxication at all from it in any of it's content, then theoretically it isn't bad. But you have to check with a reliable scholar on that one. But smoking and marijuana are wrong for good reasons. Smoking kills. I think that's enough reason to not smoke.

Iceee
03-12-2013, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
I don't know about Malt. I would stay away from a beer even if it doesn't have alcohol, personally. Although it might just be a drink like any other. If there is no intoxication at all from it in any of it's content, then theoretically it isn't bad. But you have to check with a reliable scholar on that one. But smoking and marijuana are wrong for good reasons. Smoking kills. I think that's enough reason to not smoke.
There's a store nearby that sells this Malt. Friend says he drank it once but didn't like the bitter taste. He says there's no alcohol in it.

As for smoking, "reliable scholar" might have one opinion while another "reliable scholar" has another opinion.

Woodrow
03-12-2013, 08:28 AM
There's a store nearby that sells this Malt. Friend says he drank it once but didn't like the bitter taste. He says there's no alcohol in it.

As for smoking, "reliable scholar" might have one opinion while another "reliable scholar" has another opinion.
There is a very wide range of drinks that use the name Malt, Malt Drink, Malt beer. Malt Ale. Malt Liquor Some are alcoholic, some are not. some are questionable.

If it is sold as a Beer substitute it probably contains alcohol, even if labeled non-alcoholic. Here in the USA a product can contain up to one percent alcohol and still be considered and labelled non-alcoholic

From an interesting article:

Since non-alcoholic beer still contains alcohol, it may not be safe or legal to give it to children. It is also recommended that pregnant women avoid it. It is possible to get drunk drinking non-alcoholic beer. It is also illegal to give it to minors or allow the purchase of it by minors in 15 US states. Some states allow those over 18 to purchase the beer, and some restrict the purchase of any non-alcoholic beer to those over 21.
SOURCE

While the article is primarily about non-alcohol beer the same holds true for most non-alcohol Malt beverages. But a quick rule of thumb if it is sold as a beer or wine substitute, it probably does contain alcohol, even if it is labelled non-alcohol

Clausthaler is probably the most popular non-alcohol malt beverage sold in the UK. From the Clausthaler website I found this:

Is Clausthaler completely alcohol-free?
No, in spite of or because of, all our knowledge and all our technical proficiency, we know that a minimal quantity of alcohol must be produced to create a good tasting non-alcoholic malt beverage. The alcohol content of Clausthaler is 0.45 (or 0.30 for Clausthaler Golden Amber) % vol, which lies below the 0.5 % vol maximum alcohol content specified in the statutes as the definition of "non-alcoholic", "dealcoholized", or "alcohol-removed". In Great Britain, the term "alcohol-free" may only be used for products with not more than 0.05 % vol detectable alcohol content.
SOURCE

Woodrow
03-12-2013, 08:49 AM

One probable reason you will find apparent disagreement between "reliable scholars" is demonstrated by the differences over malt beverages. It is possible the scholars are speaking of different things. For example malt beverages can be anything from a definitely non-alcohol cereal beverage such as ovaltine or even chocolate milk shakes to high alcohol content liquors and anything in between. Malt Beer or malt drink will probably mean different things to people in different parts of the world. It is always best to consult with a local scholar as scholars half way around the world may be speaking of something very different but having the same name.

Ahmad H
03-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Agreed. Now that I think about it, you're right about that.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I have heavy smokers in the family who are still struggling to stop. but they all accept it is something haram and seek Allahs forgiveness for their weakness. The fight continues bro

islamica
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM

Iceee
03-12-2013, 11:01 PM

Disturbing pictures. So you're saying it's haram?

Ahmad H
03-13-2013, 02:22 AM
The Qur'an and Ahadith he quoted make it very clear that smoking is Haram. I'm convinced.

Iceee
03-13-2013, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
The Qur'an and Ahadith he quoted make it very clear that smoking is Haram. I'm convinced.
My Mom (peace be upon her) always told me smoking was haram. My Dad (peace be upon him) would always call cigarettes "Cancer-Sticks." So I know it's harmful and haram, but that's my opinion.

My friend says Marijuana is haram because it changes the state of your brain/mind. Smoking doesn't do that... I guess it can be mahru for some people like my friend does.

islamica
03-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Disturbing pictures. So you're saying it's haram?
Is there even a doubt still?

Smokers - Do not kill yourself. Allah is Merciful onto you. 4:29

Second hand smoking - Those who cause harm to believing men and women without any reason do a great sin. 33:58

Iceee
03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Is there even a doubt still?

Smokers - Do not kill yourself. Allah is Merciful onto you. 4:29

Second hand smoking - Those who cause harm to believing men and women without any reason do a great sin. 33:58
I came up with a better example;

You have a lit cigarette, untouched, unused, in your hands. You have the choice to put it in your mouth and grab a breath or drop it right then and there. Knowing you will die after the choice you make, what will you do?

What do you think my friend chose?

Abu Loren
03-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Surely this thread has run it's course?

Iceee
03-17-2013, 06:23 PM
:salaam:

I finally got the chance to talk to the Imam of the masjid I go to. He replied to this by answering,

Scholars have a different opinion on this matter. Some may say it is haram, some may not. Smoking is much more closer to haram than makru. The effects don't come right away, example lung cancer won't come after you smoke now but harm you in the near future. It's best to stay away from smoking and smokers.
Please close this thread. Ja'Zakullah to everyone who answered.

Iceee
03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Salaam.

Since this thread hasn't been closed yet, I need a quick help.

I told my friend at school that I talked to the Imam and told him what the Imam said.
My friend replied, "See, it is close to haram but it isn't. It's makru."

I then told him that smoking causes great harm for the future.
He replied, "So does sugar, sugar causes diabetes."

I told him people don't need smoking to live.
He replied, "Some people are so addicted to smoking they NEED it."

What do I say now? Or just pretend smoking is makru?

sister herb
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
As you friend doesn´t want to listen sense - just same if it comes from Imam for making sure he doesn´t go to the hell neither from people whose try to help him for healthier life - then it seems that he doesn´t want to believe anything else that what he wants to believe. With all the evidences maybe better leave him to make his own decisions if he wants to continue this bad habbit or not.

But still to this one:

Remind him that some people may be addicted to drugs or alcohol - and still they too can stop using them. Even of my mind cocaine and heroin are stronger drugs than tobacco and people can get rid of cocaine and heroin too.

And by the way - sugar itself doesn´t cause diabetes but many things together. If sugar would be the only reason for it, then we all would have diabetes.

Uzayr
03-18-2013, 08:07 PM
You can smoke, but other than the sin, it will kill your stamina to the bottom. Trust me, you should never start smoking, its the worst thing i ever done, but Alhamdulillah i have now quit.

Abu Loren
03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Salaam.

Since this thread hasn't been closed yet, I need a quick help.

I told my friend at school that I talked to the Imam and told him what the Imam said.
My friend replied, "See, it is close to haram but it isn't. It's makru."

I then told him that smoking causes great harm for the future.
He replied, "So does sugar, sugar causes diabetes."

I told him people don't need smoking to live.

What do I say now? Or just pretend smoking is makru?
you've already been given the answer here

Scimitar
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
well, i've got some news to share.

Today, I only just had my first ciggy now, after my evening meal. I've never gone this long without a ciggy in a day. It was difficult, I was on edge, nerves and shakes here and there... but I managed to get though it. I just had the first cig after my meal and it made my head spin out - not a nice feeling.

The plan now is to try and restrict myself to only one cig after a meal - and then, after a period of a few months, when my tolerance level for nicotine has lowered, I can then cut to only one a day, then nothing at all ...

In shaa Allah, I will give this filthy disgusting, financially leeching and smelly habit up - keep me in your dua's.

Scimi

sister herb
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
^^ :bravo: to Scimi. May Allah ease your trying to quit.

Iceee
03-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Today, I only just had my first ciggy now, after my evening meal. I've never gone this long without a ciggy in a day. It was difficult, I was on edge, nerves and shakes here and there... but I managed to get though it. I just had the first cig after my meal and it made my head spin out - not a nice feeling.
Doesn't seem to be a nice thing. Try your best to quit but remember that this is a test from Allah Subhanahuwatallah. You have to put all your will and faith into him for you to quit inshallah. One cigarette a day is better than a pack of cigarettes a day, so your almost done brother.

Remember to keep making du'a.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
03-19-2013, 11:18 PM
well, i've got some news to share.

The plan now is to try and restrict myself to only one cig after a meal - and then, after a period of a few months, when my tolerance level for nicotine has lowered, I can then cut to only one a day, then nothing at all ...

In shaa Allah, I will give this filthy disgusting, financially leeching and smelly habit up - keep me in your dua's.

Scimi
That sounds like a great plan In sha Allah :) you have my full support!

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

- cOsMiC

GuestFellow
03-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Is Smoking Cigarettes Actually Haram?
Well it's bad for you DUH! :/

sohail1234
03-21-2013, 05:00 AM
assalam o alikum
Islam don't allows us to harm ourselves by eating the things which are not good for our health. all those things, which affect our health badly is not allowed in Islam . As it has been an admitted fact in all over the world that smoking has a very bad health affects so, it means Allah has forbidden it.
As Allah says: "And Do Not Kill Yourselves" (An-Nissa:29)
The Prophet S.a.w.w reported "whomsoever drinks poison, thereby killing himself, will sip this poison forever in the hell fire"
As you know that Allah loves us more then 70 mothers, so HE can't see us in pain, it is the only reason he made such things haram which affect badly on his creation health....

buj
08-07-2015, 12:27 PM
The Prophet S.a.w.w reported "whomsoever drinks poison, thereby killing himself, will sip this poison forever in the hell fire"

What about caffeine then? Quote "Caffeine overdose may occur when you ingest more than the recommended amount of caffeine, which is usually 200 to 300 mg per day. However, a safe amount of caffeine is different for everyone, as it depends on weight, age, and overall health. This makes it difficult to know the exact amount of caffeine it would take for you to overdose. Caffeine is a stimulant that can be found in various foods, drinks, and other products—technically, caffeine is actually a drug."

We "now" know it is a drug and can kill but why is it not banned? Shouldn't everything should be taken in moderation? And what about air pollution due to exhaust emitted from vehicles? Perhaps we should totally ban them too. They are killing ppl slowly too. We can always use alternative form of transportation, perhaps use donkeys and camel as that is what ppl use during the prophet's (pbuh) time.

If we say cigarette is a waste then why don't coffee drinkers just drink ordinary water from the well, river or tap. If it is one of the luxuries of life for a lot of ppl then shouldn't cigarette smoking be tolerated for those that "want" to savour them as long as they do it in moderation?

Don't impose personal like and dislike upon others by digging up verses that has vague correlation to cigarettes. That verse can be used on a lot of other things in life like cholesterol etc.

CatholicGuy
08-09-2015, 09:33 PM
what about fried chicken

Abz2000
08-09-2015, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CatholicGuy
what about fried chicken
The alcohol prohibition appears to us in the Quran in three stages,
normally, when a verse abrogating a previously revealed verse was revealed, the previous verse was discarded.
However, at least three stages of the prohibition of alcohol were kept despite the final verse abrogating the previous.
it appears at first glance to be an anomaly but when we look for the wisdom in the previous verses remaining we can see that it is so for good reason, we can weigh other items in similar but not same categories and derive the makruh cases from them.
whether it's smoking, excess fried chicken, betel juice, or heroin/cocaine etc. ritualistically chanting prayers without any care for understanding the meaning can also be pointed out as almost akin to although not the same as drunken oblivion.

even if an item doesn't fall into the category of specifically mentioned prohibition, it can be measured or compared with the three yardsticks.

“They will ask thee about intoxicants and games of chance. Say’ In both there is great evil as well as some benefits for man; but the evil which they cause is greater than the benefit which they bring’
(Quran 2:219)

“ O, You who have attained to faith! Do not attempt to pray while you are in a state of drunkenness, (but wait) until you know what you are saying.....
(Quran 4:43 part)

,‘O, You who have attained to faith! Intoxicants and games of chance, and idolatrous practices, and the divining of the future are but a loathsome evil of Satan’s doing: Shun it, then, so that you might attain to a happy state.’
(Quran 5:90)

the presence of the three stages also indicate to us that Allah acknowledges the weak nature of man whom He has created and is sympathetic to the fact that addictions are not usually dealt with in one day, therefore we too must be sympathetic - though clear.

an event would usually take place and draw people's attention to a topic before a verse was revealed, thereby increasing their reception of the ruling.

dunno if it's like 9/11 controlled demolition and the patriot act but yeah...Hamzah (ra) really got everyone's attention.

CatholicGuy
08-10-2015, 12:33 AM
i dont drink abz2000

Abz2000
08-10-2015, 05:49 AM
i dont drink abz2000
so why are u asking questions abt fried chicken?
will you stop eating fried chicken if you find it's haram?

CatholicGuy
08-10-2015, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
so why are u asking questions abt fried chicken?
will you stop eating fried chicken if you find it's haram?
So I have to be an alcohol drinker in order to ask questions about fried chicken?
ive never drank in my 20 years on this planet

and idk thats between me and my lord not you. God is the greatest

umairlooms
08-10-2015, 07:36 AM
there is haram, halal

and the remaining is up to us.

Over eating causes a lot of harm, but it is not HARAM...its a choice.
I believe Cigs are the same thing.

It is not NECESSARY that every product, every ideology, ever invented, has an answer in Islam. People tend to squish islamic ideas.

of course, when in doubt, stay out.

Abz2000
08-10-2015, 07:45 AM
So I have to be an alcohol drinker in order to ask questions about fried chicken?
you asked about it on a tobacco thread, shows that you have somewhat ability to compare,
hence the deriving of lessons from the three stage prohibition of alcohol, get it?

CatholicGuy
08-13-2015, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
you asked about it on a tobacco thread, shows that you have somewhat ability to compare,
hence the deriving of lessons from the three stage prohibition of alcohol, get it?
nice editing on ur original post and do you drink? sounds like it

CatholicGuy
08-13-2015, 10:26 AM
trying to make it seem like u were talking about ''excess fried chicken'' i like muslims but u are alot of talk on the computer but not face to face this is for sure

might as well ban my account by my request im tired of getting messages with threats and insults about my faith. i came here to be peaceful. screw off

Abz2000
08-13-2015, 10:35 AM
lol it's possibly coz u neva read it through dude,
if it's a challenge, let's request a mod to check the edits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!