/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.

Iceee
03-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Salaam.

Last night, my Mom (peace be upon her) told me to go to her friends home to babysit. I was to babysit her friends three kids. Isha namaaz in Toronto Canada last night was at 8:00pm (20:00h.)

I left at 7:30pm from my home, went to their home and did what I normally do. I played games with the kids, made jokes, etc. At 8:00, after I gave the children their dinner, I took out my musulo, placed it on the ground, took out my top-hee, wore it, and started getting ready to perform salaat as I already did wudu before leaving my home.

Questions:
1. I placed my musolo on the ground but didn't know which way the Qibla was. I know it is North-East from where I live. I just put it on the ground and performed the salaats in any direction. Does my namaaz count?

2. I prayed in a Christian home. They are Roman Catholic. I couldn't pray outside their home or in their backyard because I had to watch the kids in the home. Am I allowed to pray in the living room of a Christian home?

3. The Kids eat with their T.V on. I asked if they could turn down the volume just until I finished praying, which they did. I prayed with the T.V on but very low volume. At my home, I pray with the T.V off. What's the ruling on this?

4. After performing salaat, I would check to make sure the kids were eating. Instead of watching T.V, they would stare at me pray. I should probably ask permission to pray in their home next time right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

2. Shouldn't matter.
3. Shouldn't matter in that your salah wouldn't be invalidated.
4. It would be wise to ask the parents if they mind and just give them a heads up about it.

Iceee
03-09-2013, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Wa alaykum salam,

2. Shouldn't matter.
3. Shouldn't matter in that your salah wouldn't be invalidated.
4. It would be wise to ask the parents if they mind and just give them a heads up about it.
Okay, how about #1?

Woodrow
03-10-2013, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Okay, how about #1?
:wa:

I can not speak for my Dear Brother Alpha. However when reading the way it is written it leaves the appearance you had no concern to even attempt to locate or approximate the direction of the Qibla.

I believe if you made a sincere effort to locate the correct direction and you prayed in the direction to the best of your ability that is all that could be expected and no reason it would invalidate your namaaz. But, if you were haphazrd and made no effort to determine the proper direction. I think that would raise question about the sincerity of your namaaz. Only you know what your level of sincerity was. I think only you can answer if your namaaz did count.

1. I placed my musolo on the ground but didn't know which way the Qibla was. I know it is North-East from where I live. I just put it on the ground and performed the salaats in any direction. Does my namaaz count?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
03-10-2013, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:wa:

I can not speak for my Dear Brother Alpha. However when reading the way it is written it leaves the appearance you had no concern to even attempt to locate or approximate the direction of the Qibla.

I believe if you made a sincere effort to locate the correct direction and you prayed in the direction to the best of your ability that is all that could be expected and no reason it would invalidate your namaaz. But, if you were haphazrd and made no effort to determine the proper direction. I think that would raise question about the sincerity of your namaaz. Only you know what your level of sincerity was. I think only you can answer if your namaaz did count.
Salaam.

Actually, I tried to imagine the direction we pray in at the masjid and then imagine the house being beside there. Only Allah knows if the namaaz counts. I can only guess as well. Lol

Woodrow
03-10-2013, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

Actually, I tried to imagine the direction we pray in at the masjid and then imagine the house being beside there. Only Allah knows if the namaaz counts. I can only guess as well. Lol
It sounds like you did all you were capable of doing.

innocent
03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
There are apps which can give you the direction I m not sure how accurate they are but I always use them when I dont know the direction. Also were there any pictures on the walls or was there a dog in the house? These are things to be mindful of too.

Iceee
03-15-2013, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
There are apps which can give you the direction I m not sure how accurate they are but I always use them when I dont know the direction. Also were there any pictures on the walls or was there a dog in the house? These are things to be mindful of too.
Nope, the family somehow all are allergic to dog fur for some reason.
I believe they had a few art pictures, family pictures, school pictures etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!