/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This "In Shaa Allah" Confusion

Ali_008
03-12-2013, 05:02 PM
:sl:

The following is a picture I've been seeing on Facebook every now and then, and most people simply believe it to be true.

I'm not saying that it is completely false as I don't know myself. I'm no scholar in the Arabic language, and the spelling I use is "inshaAllah."

What I feel is that what matters more is the intention, because most people anyway know the proper pronunciation, and these days even non-Muslims are aware of its meaning. So, I want to ask whether inshaAllah really does mean "create Allah" in Arabic in any particular dialect or accent? I wouldn't have given much thought to this, but the "create Allah" threat is, I think, too farfetched if this thing is just a hoax.

On top of it all, they're using the picture of Dr. Zakir Naik to spread this message, and for an unsuspecting person, the impact will be exponentially more.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
03-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I've heard tht too n once someone told me to write it properly :s would want to know too cuz I write it as InshaAllah.

some ppl just write iA is tht ok??

Hulk
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I think the word for create is "khalaqa" or something related with the root letters kha lam qaf but then again I am not an arabic speaker. I've seen sis bluebell use "In Shaa Allah" though and she's an arabic speaker.

Allahu'alam

Amat Allah
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

I am a native Arab and yes, the above picture is totaly right and i do write in shaa Allah like this In'shaa Allah just to separate them

if writing it in Arabic like this: إنشاء الله then it means: creating Allah (astaghfero Allah) and the right way is: إن شاء الله which means: If Allah Wills or God Willing or by Allah's Willing. So, we better separate them as been told above...the best way to write it is In Shaa Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tearose
03-12-2013, 08:13 PM

What about in French - could we write it like In ch'Allah (that's how they normally write it except without the space). Or would In cha'Allah be better.

I'm just realising that some of us should probably be more careful how we pronounce it too. Should we pause longer on the ن ?

Ramadan90
03-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Very good to know, thanks.

Amat Allah
03-13-2013, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tearose
What about in French - could we write it like In ch'Allah (that's how they normally write it except without the space). Or would In cha'Allah be better.
I'm just realising that some of us should probably be more careful how we pronounce it too. Should we pause longer on the ن ?
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh ^-^

Yes my sweetheart, separate them and no worries about the pronunciation cause both phrases have the same pronunciation but written differently...

and as long as we know how to write it the right way then we must and for those who knew not about this before then there is nothing on you so, no worries .

May Allah help us all to worship Him The Exalted right and make us deserve being His servants and slaves Ameeeeen

Abu Loren
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
May Allah help us all to worship Him The Exalted right and make us deserve being His servants and slaves Ameeeeen
Ameen Ya Rabb.

SFatima
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Asoa ..good to have come across this, JazakI Allah :)...and please do tell me if its Jazaki ALlah when u say thanks to girls or a single person? Im confused here a bit...:hiding:
Also, is there Ikhfa on the noon of Inshaa Allah here?

Amat Allah
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Asoa ..good to have come across this, JazakI Allah ...and please do tell me if its Jazaki ALlah when u say thanks to girls or a single person? Im confused here a bit...
Also, is there Ikhfa on the noon of Inshaa Allah here?
I'll post them in classical arabic In shaa Allah ^-^

Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran means: May Allah reward you with good.

Singular:

for the male we say: Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran
for the female we say: Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran

Plural:

2 males or 2 females
: Jazaakuma Allaahu Khayran
for many males or mixed people (males and females): Jazaakumu Allaahu Khayran
for many females: Jazaakunna Allaahu Khayran.

And out of respect we can use the plural of it: Jazaakumu Allaahu Khayran for one person whether male or female .

And no habibati; we only use that rule and all Taj'weed rules when we recite Qur'aan not in our normal and daily speech ^-^ may Allah love you always Ameeen and Jazaakumu Allaahu Khayran my dear.

read here if you wanna know about this beautiful and great Duaa:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/84976

Qurratul Ayn
03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
:salamext:

The same principle applies to :ma: too? If we write in English, as in Ma Sha Allaah or can it be stuck together, Masha'Allaah, Masha-Allaah, or MashaAllaah?

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
if writing it in Arabic like this: إنشاء الله then it means: creating Allah (astaghfero Allah) and the right way is: إن شاء الله which means: If Allah Wills or God Willing or by Allah's Willing. So, we better separate them as been told above...the best way to write it is In Shaa Allah.

O :Allah::swt: please forgive me if I have written anything wrong

SFatima
03-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Jazaki Allah khayrun sister AmtAllah, what a lovely sister you are my dear!:muslimah::wub:

I so want to learn Arabic, are you Arabian ? sigh unless you speak a language, you cant learn it, atleast I cant imsad

Amat Allah
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
The right way is to write it as Maa Shaa Allah but if making no space between words then it means something else...

We need to learn the right way so we disrespect not Allah and also to teach others and especially our precious children, May Allah grant you Athurriyah Assaalihah Ameeeeeen

Ali_008
03-14-2013, 07:07 AM
JazakiAllah Khayraan sister Amat Allah.

I can only say learning never ends. I'll be putting the things I learned in this thread into practice, in shaa Allah.

Amat Allah
03-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Wa Iyyaakum my respected and noble brother, May Allah love you, Be pleased with you and make Al Firdaws miss you till you enter it without any reckoning Ameeeen

Yes, it never ends ever. We all learning in this dunya and Ya Rabb the good things which will show us the way to Allah and make us closer and closer to Him Ameeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
I'll be putting the things I learned in this thread into practice, in shaa Allah.
Those words of you reminded me of these precious verses of Al Qur'aan Al Kareem:

"But those who have avoided Taghut, lest they worship it, and turned back to Allah - for them are good tidings. So give good tidings to My servants (17)Who listen to speech and follow the best of it. Those are the ones Allah has guided, and those are people of understanding. (18)" Surat Azzumar.

May Allah make you and the whole Ummah from them Ameeeen

btw, you have my father's name ^

Al-Mufarridun
03-14-2013, 08:50 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
JazakiAllah Khayraan sister Amat Allah.

I can only say learning never ends. I'll be putting the things I learned in this thread into practice, in shaa Allah.
Same here bro, In Shaa Allah!

Amat Allah
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

May Allah bless you, the poster of this thread, everyone shared and asked here and all Ummah of Islam , may Allah unite us all in Al Firdaws Ameeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!