/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Priority case newbie please advise

unknown1
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Salaam

I was hoping to post this in the General section but rules dont allow me.

I have a priority case where I need some advice.

At the moment it appears to me I am being severly punished by Allah.

I graduated from uni last year and still cant get a job, I have been so unfortunate that I cant even get an interview let alone a job.

I got serious financial issues, I am very broke at the moment. I am in my overdrafts. I am also selling some of my possessions to support myself, I dont have a lot of these.

It is not just financial but I got family trouble whereby I dont get on with my family and vice-versa.

I am even losing weight.

Recently I had a court case with a bank, the bank admitted fault however the judge played dirty and didnt award me damages. The bank tried to settle the case before court by offering me half the money. Since I knew my case was 100% strong I decided to go ahead with it. For months I prayed to Allah that should I win this case I shall donate 10% of this in the way of Allah - either helping orphans or providing water well(s). Is it wrong to make such a promise with Allah? I know a Islamic teacher who was innocently being pursued by a man in the legal field, and the teacher made a promise shall the charges be dropped he would go on Umra - he was innocent anyway and the case was dropped against him and he did go on Umra. So in my experience I thought such promises were acceptable? (The bank case wasn't abuse of process but something am entitled to as case law states).

About me:

One thing I do, and love doing is telling the truth - even if it might hurt someone. I do tell a small white lie here and there for example when you enter a shop and see something which is expensive and you can purchase it online, I tend to give a white lie in such instance and walk out - I know it is wrong.

In my heart I dont have jealously nor am selfish.

One time a man owed me £150, he gave me £250 upon counting it twice I knew this was too much. I asked him how much is here, he said "it should be £150". I said it is £250, and gave him the £100 back. I know people in this instance keep the money saying it was other person's error or whatever. But I dont. (I believe this eating someones "right").

Another time, I was coming home late at night, I found a man lying on the side of the road holding his chest. I stopped, called an ambulance and spent 30 mins there ensuring his safety and well being.

I dont want to lie or make myself look too good but thought I add some things about my nature.

I dont pray, I have been on Umra though.

I know we are told we shouldnt chase wordly gains. BUT we do need a halal source of income, something to live on. Something to eat. This income will also help others in poor countries without food and water. It is not for my selfish or worldy gains.

I feel am being squeezed in every possible way here. I am getting depressed significantly.

I dont want to turn to crime and do the wrong thigns. I have said this to myself many times that "I shall not rob but rather beg" - I am fearing I will be pushed even further and may do both of these!

I know people say Allah loves those who suffer most, but surely one person cannot be severly punished/tested in all categories at once???!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Salaam.

Welcome to our forums.
:welcome:

Woodrow
03-14-2013, 12:42 AM
:sl:

Just my own thoughts here. I do not want to make light of your hardships and I am not ignoring them. I do have you in my du'as that your trials will end soon and until then you gain the strength and sabr to overcome them.

I think your first step should be to close your eyes to your problems and look instead at the blessings you have been given.

1. You have a family, not everyone does. many people have lost every loved one they ever had

2. You did graduate from UNI, world that places you among the privileged few. The large majority of people in this dunya will never walk through the doors into a UNI.

3. You have a very sincere desire to always be honest, many would seek the easy ways and ignore what is right. You are on the path to Jannah, many on this earth will never even see the path and if they do will refuse to walk is.

You have much to be thankful for. For the moment concentrate on your blessings. Make Du'a for sabr for both you and me as I also often loose sabr.

:wa:

Muslim Woman
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by unknown1
Salaam

.. For months I prayed to Allah that should I win this case I shall donate 10% of this in the way of Allah - either helping orphans or providing water well(s). Is it wrong to make such a promise with Allah?

I heard from a scholar that it's wrong to do this . We call it as Mannat here . It's like offering bribe to Allah . If Allah does it , then I will do it for Allah . Sadaka is better because u do it without any condition.

bro , pl. remember

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope 2:286

so , have patience and keep praying to Allah . Don't miss any obligatory Ibadah.

Welcome here.

How do we remain steadfast in our faith in times of Calamity and Hardship

?

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/prin....asp?TID=14517

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
03-14-2013, 01:30 AM
:sl:

Certainly no one despairs of Allahs Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."
( سورة يوسف , Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #87)

(Ibrahim (Abraham)) said: "And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?"
( سورة الحجر , Al-Hijr, Chapter #15, Verse #56)

Yunus ibn Ubayd said that a man complained to him of the constricted state he was experiencing, and Yunus asked him, "Would you be pleased to be given one hundred thousand dirhams for the sight with which you see?"

The man replied, "No." Yunus asked, "Then for your feet?" The man replied, "No."

He reminded him of Allah's blessings which He had given him. Then Yunus said, "I see that you have hundreds of thousands and you complain about your needs!

Amat Allah
03-14-2013, 04:24 AM
The only thing I will strongly advice you to do is to PRAY PRAY PRAY before you stand before Allah in the Day of Judgement...

Remember what Allah says in Surat Maryam:

"Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times, etc.] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. (59)Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad SAW), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught. (60)"

And The prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) warned us in many hadiths about leaving Salaat; he said:

“Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his neglect of the prayer.” (Narrated by Muslim in the book of faith from Jaabir ibn ‘Abdillah)

and also:

It was narrated that Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is the prayer, and whoever neglects it has disbelieved (become a kaafir)."

(It was narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

You have cut the connection between Allah The Exalted and you my respected and noble brother so, what do you expect? your heart and soul are suffering for leaving their real food which is Salaat and Athiker too

WaAllahi without salaat; all the dark thoughts and all bad feelings and depression will hunt you all the way... laa ilaha illa Allah.

A good life is not connected to material circumstances; rather it is the life of the heart, and its joy and happiness stem from obeying Allah, and from strong faith in Allah and belief in His will and decree, and from certainty that Allah is wise in all that He does.

and also I want you to know O dear and precious son of my Ummah that No good deeds will be accepted from one who does not pray – no zakaah, no fasting, no Umrah, no Hajj, no Sadaqah or anything else.

Al-Bukhaari (520) narrated that Buraydah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not pray ‘Asr, his good deeds will be annulled.”

What is meant by “his good deeds will be annulled” is that they will be rendered invalid and will be of no benefit to him. This hadeeth indicates that Allaah will not accept any good deed from one who does not pray, so the one who does not pray will not benefit at all from his good deeds and no good deed of his will be taken up to Allaah.

It seems from the hadeeth that there are two types of those who do not pray: those who do not pray at all, which annuls all their good deeds, and those who do not offer a particular prayer on a particular day, which annuls the good deeds of that day. So annulment of all good deeds happens to those who forsake all the prayers, and annulment of the good deeds of a particular day happens to the one who omits a particular prayer.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 87) about the ruling on the fasting of one who does not pray.

He replied:

The fast of one who does not pray is not valid and is not accepted, because the one who does not pray is a kaafir and an apostate, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But if they repent [by rejecting Shirk (polytheism) and accept Islamic Monotheism], perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah) and give Zakaah, then they are your brethren in religion”

[al-Tawbah 9:11]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Between a man and shirk and kufr stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Muslim, 82. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that separates us from them is prayer; whoever gives up prayer is a kaafir.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2621; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

This is also the view of most of the Sahaabah, if not their consensus. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Shaqeeq (may Allaah have mercy on him), who was one of the well-known Taabi’een, said: The companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not think that omitting any action made a person a kaafir, except for prayer. Based on this, if a person fasts but he does not pray, then his fast is rejected and not accepted, and it will not avail him anything before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection. We say to him: Pray then fast, because if you fast but do not pray, then your fast will be rejected, because acts of worship are not accepted from a kaafir.

read here:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/49698

I am not trying to be harsh to you more than reminding you; reminding a son of my beloved Ummah whom I see him suffering and struggling all the way...

why my precious brother? you have prevented yourself from the most peaceful and happiest moment ever which is when you put your forehead and nose on the ground praising Allah and talk to Him through your Duaa and tears...laa ilaha illa Allah :cry:

the sad things is that you are not the only one but also many are deprived from feeling the sweetness of being a slave and servant of Allah, alas!

May Allah guide you and all of us to His straight path and keep us firm on it always and forever Ameeeen

Please Akhi Pray just for Allah's sake...waAllahi I don't care of losing whatever but O Allah I beg You please to never prevent me from putting ma forehead and nose on the ground in submission and humility just for Your Sake Ya Rabb Ameeeen

Take the best care of your precious self.

Leaving ya under Allah's sight , care and protection.

Humbly and with all respect, your sister:

Amat Allah.

unknown1
03-14-2013, 05:14 AM
One thing I find quiet contradicting is we are told our deeds will not be accepted if we dont pray. Yet we are told even one small good dead may well get us into heaven?

Also on topic of good deeds, I read that good deeds are void if you dont make an intention for them? Is this correct?? So we have to make intention for every good deed we do? How do we go about this? In my example of helping the man in the OP - I did this to help the folk because I thought he might die or he could have been attacked now was I to make an intention for it before doing it?! Even though in my heart I stopped to help? If that makes sense?

At Muslim Woman I understand what you mean. But what about some folk that say give money to mosque in return for dua for a deceased one?

Amat Allah
03-14-2013, 05:48 AM
One thing I find quiet contradicting is we are told our deeds will not be accepted if we dont pray.
Yes, they will not be accepted if we are not praying.

Yet we are told even one small good dead may well get us into heaven?
Yes, that true too but for those who pray of course and if not then there will be no differences between a Muslim and a kaafir, and it will be like even if the kaafir would do good deeds then he will go right straight to paradise....then why to bother my self and be a muslim in first place...

Allah says:

"As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. The thirsty one thinks it to be water, until he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing, but he finds Allah with him, Who will pay him his due (Hell). And Allah is Swift in taking account. (39)" Surat Annoor

"The example of those who disbelieve in their Lord is [that] their deeds are like ashes which the wind blows forcefully on a stormy day; they are unable [to keep] from what they earned a [single] thing. That is what is extreme error. (18)" Surat Ib'raheem

have you read the verses from Qur'aan and hadeeths in my first post above my respected and noble brother?

do you know what the difference between a muslim and kaafir?

I wish you do read it again and understand...May Allah Be with you Ameeen

and about Niyah; read here if you wish:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/95095

Amat Allah
03-14-2013, 05:59 AM
I am so sorry if I sounded so harsh and cruel, I never meant it that way my respected and noble brother but it seems like you have mixed up things together and you really need to understand...

May be someone else here can help ya with this cause I have given what I can and don't know how to explain it more to ya...May Allah lead your way to Him The Most Merciful and keep you guided always and make you from the best of His servants and slaves Ameeen

Alpha Dude
03-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I know people say Allah loves those who suffer most, but surely one person cannot be severly punished/tested in all categories at once???!
Why not? The more the suffering, the greater the reward if you are patient, in sha Allah. Don't lose hope. Easier said than done, I know.

Whenever there is a situation from which we can't find any way out despite our best efforts, we have to resign ourselves to Allah and trust in his will over us.

Allah is All Merciful and All Wise. He tells us to trust in him. I mean real trust, like as if you know deep down that no matter what Allah is there.

From Umar ibn Al-Khattab from the Prophet (salahu alaihi wa sallam) who said: "If only you relied on Allah a true reliance, He would provide sustenance for you just as He does the birds: They fly out in the morning empty and return in the afternoon with full stomachs."
You are doing all you can, looking for a job, selling your possessions etc. in order to feed yourself and pay off debt. There doesn't seem to be nothing more that you can do physically. What's left is to change your mode of thinking. You should feel that Allah has your back entirely and he will help you when you need it and provide you sustenance out of nowhere when the time is right (this will be at a time when Allah feels is best for you, out of his infinite wisdom, despite how desperate you may be). Even if you are living each day as it comes, Allah will provide.

This world is a test. The time here is like a drop in an infinite ocean. Like a second out of a real day's time. If you can understand this and remain patient with the situations presented and have trust in Allah then you will be content with anything that befalls you, good or bad.

Have a strong relationship with Allah by making plenty of dua. Each night when you are alone. To make you dua more potent though, you need to be a good Muslim. You need to pray 5 times to the best of your ability. Allah will accept more of your dua if you are more obedient.

unknown1
03-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Thankyou all for the advice and support.

I feel better after some recitation.

I just need the problems to go away, somehow I am not thinking of them at all now but I am aware they still exist unfortunately!!

Thankyou all.

Amat Allah
03-16-2013, 04:28 AM
I wish I can help ya, if I was a male then I'd love to fly to where you are and help ya even if cleaning shoes and cars just to get some money ... May Allah The Most Merciful open for you all the doors of His blessings, graces and have mercy on you Ameeeeeeen

I believe this is a great test from Allah and also Allah wants to open your eyes for things that you didn't know before and teach you something...always behind whatever event there is a great wisdom and mercy too from Allah ...

I swear The God, I wish you all happiness and good no but the best always and forever May Allah give ya the best of the best always and forever Ameeeen

Sorry and forgive me my respected and noble brother if I have hurt ya anyway...May Allah forgive me Ameeeen

unknown1
03-17-2013, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
I believe this is a great test from Allah and also Allah wants to open your eyes for things that you didn't know
Thankyou.

But how is that so? It cant be as I dont have many resources, I dont have much of a social life, I stay at home most of the time... I dont have many contacts etc if you get what I mean?

unknown1
03-17-2013, 01:10 AM
And also things materiallistically seem to be getting worse.

Family is going abroad for about 3-4 months so I got no option but to stick around. No one else here. But I am willing to move anywhere in the world for a job..

Aprender
03-17-2013, 01:26 AM
AsSalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barkaatuh,
Welcome to the forum. I am a convert to Islam and after I graduated not too long ago from uni I had some similar problems as you. I was getting called in for interviews and not being offered positions because of my hijab and that was very discouraging and scary to think that I wouldn't have a way to provide for myself simply because of my decision to wear a headscarf. But salah helped me not give up. Making dua helped me.

I'll say what everyone else has here and that is the first thing you need to do is get into the habit of making your prayers. Get up for fajr, make the prayer and do dhikr and stay on top of those prayers throughout the day. You say you spend a lot of time at home so there isn't any reason why you won't be able to do this.

Secondly, did you do any internships while you were in college? It's important to have some kind of work history. Do you have an online portfolio that employers can use to look you up? What field are you looking to go into?

And is your CV very tidy and unique? Have someone review it to make sure it is top notch.

IAmZamzam
03-17-2013, 03:22 AM
If Allah punished you, you would know. You wouldn't have to begin it with "it appears to me".

On a more positive note, what is the ratio of a hundred to infinity?

Okay, now let's do a million. How many more is infinity than a million?

A googolplex? Graham's Number?

Right, it's always infinity. That's the ratio of Paradise.

Keep things in perspective.

unknown1
03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
AsSalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barkaatuh,
Welcome to the forum. I am a convert to Islam and after I graduated not too long ago from uni I had some similar problems as you. I was getting called in for interviews and not being offered positions because of my hijab and that was very discouraging and scary to think that I wouldn't have a way to provide for myself simply because of my decision to wear a headscarf. But salah helped me not give up. Making dua helped me.

I'll say what everyone else has here and that is the first thing you need to do is get into the habit of making your prayers. Get up for fajr, make the prayer and do dhikr and stay on top of those prayers throughout the day. You say you spend a lot of time at home so there isn't any reason why you won't be able to do this.

Secondly, did you do any internships while you were in college? It's important to have some kind of work history. Do you have an online portfolio that employers can use to look you up? What field are you looking to go into?

And is your CV very tidy and unique? Have someone review it to make sure it is top notch.
I got bit of work history but not a lot. Looking to go into housing bit crap I know but it something I like and my degree sort of in that.

CVs arentd used much these days its about application forms/online forms.

Recently I applied for 2 jobs, rejected for both. One had 3 vacancies however but they replied they had over 80 apps and cant even offer feedback to people!

IAmZamzam
03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Here, scroll to the bottom of this link and you'll find a series of videos in which Yusuf Estes tells children all about the prophet Job. There is much for adults to learn from what he says. He kind of rushes it at the end, I think, leaving out the parts about "striking the laving place with your foot" and the absolution from the oath--perhaps he ran out of time--but it's very moving, engrossing and useful all the same.

Salahudeen
03-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Brother I finished with a 1st degree last July and can not find a job in my chosen field, I'm working as a security guard for minimum wage, jobs are very hard to get now days, keep applying and making tahajjud. I've only been called for 5 interviews and I've applied for over 100 jobs.

unknown1
03-20-2013, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Brother I finished with a 1st degree last July and can not find a job in my chosen field, I'm working as a security guard for minimum wage, jobs are very hard to get now days, keep applying and making tahajjud. I've only been called for 5 interviews and I've applied for over 100 jobs.

5 out of 100 is good.

I had 0 interviews for about 15-20+ jobs.

Only had 1 phone interview :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!