/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is surprising

IAmZamzam
03-14-2013, 01:47 AM
I recently decided to look up the famous “son of man” passage from Daniel 7 in a Tanach commentary. My intention was to see what the Jewish interpretation of it was, since I grew up Christian and am used to seeing people apparently take it purely for granted that this vision blatantly could only be a prediction of Jesus as God Incarnate.

What I found was quite surprising. One would almost think this was a commentary on The Qur’an I was reading. Look at some of the phrases Rashi uses when discussing this chapter:

And he gave them time to live until a day set in the future, the wars of Gog and Magog…That is the King Messiah…dominion over the nations….
The Messiah coming to have dominion over the nations but still not as an incarnation of The Deity: check. This taking place shortly after apocalyptic wars with Gog and Magog: check. Something tells me this fellow didn’t get these things from us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!