/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Accommodating Sin?

Abu Loren
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I wonder if somebody could answer this hypothetical question for me.

As owning a house through a mortgage is haram in Islam, let's say I am living in rented accommodation but the house is owned by a person who has a mortgage on the house. Do I have a share in the sin of having that mortgage or does the owner solely has the share of the sin?

I hope the above is clear Inshaa Allah.

Thanks for any answers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Unless you happen to have sufficient funds to buy a house on the spot (which by the way not many do), taking out a mortgage can't really be considered haram nor forbidden for that matter.

By that same logic, you would therefore not "share" the sin if you were to live in a rented accommodation which had a mortgage on it, since there is no sin in the first place.

Abu Loren
03-15-2013, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Unless you happen to have sufficient funds to buy a house on the spot (which by the way not many do), taking out a mortgage can't really be considered haram nor forbidden for that matter.

By that same logic, you would therefore not "share" the sin if you were to live in a rented accommodation which had a mortgage on it, since there is no sin in the first place.
As'alaamu Alaikkum Aamir Saab

Many scholars (especially on Youtube) tells us that a mortgage is haram as it invloves riba and many of these scholars advise to rent rather than buy on a mortgage. My question was and is if it's sinful to rent a property that has been brought with a mortgage.

aamirsaab
03-15-2013, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
As'alaamu Alaikkum Aamir Saab

Many scholars (especially on Youtube) tells us that a mortgage is haram as it invloves riba and many of these scholars advise to rent rather than buy on a mortgage. My question was and is if it's sinful to rent a property that has been brought with a mortgage.
No, it would not be considered a sin. As far as anyone is concerned you are paying rent and only rent (paying for a service or product). What your landlord, the actual owner of the mortgaged property, uses that money for has nothing to do with you. If he buys alcohol (or spends the money on something else forbidden) with it, that's not your fault or sin, that's his and his alone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!