/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sheffield

MrSlave
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
I want to get to know all of you. I am so interested in religion and am reading the Quran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FilthyJew
I want to get to know all of you. I am so interested in religion and am reading the Quran.
Hi, are you a self hating Jew?

MrSlave
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
I play a lot of football. Always getting covered in mud.

Scimitar
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
bathe more often :D

just kidding, welcome to the forum - I'm gonna call you Mr J instead. I don't like the name you chose.

You can call me Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MrSlave
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi Scimi

You can call me anything you feel comfortable with. I'm already regretting the choice. You anything to do with Scimitar cars? I loved the old Triumphs and owned a few in my time.

Muslim Woman
03-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Salaam/ Peace

may be u should change ur screenname ? Welcome here.

Iceee
03-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Salaam.

Filthy Jew :)
I like it.

Amat Allah
03-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Welcome my respected and noble brother to Islamic board as a new precious member of our big family...

Hope you enjoy your stay here and please roam the forum's sections and read if you wanna know more about Islam and you may find some answers for Qs you have but if not then ask whatever you want and we; your brothers and sisters here will try our best to help ya after The Lord, By His Willing.

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and make you from the best of His servants and slaves Ameeen

Take the best care of your precious self.

Leaving ya under Allah's sight, care and protection.

Humbly and with all respect, your sister:

Amat Allah.

Woodrow
03-15-2013, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FilthyJew
Hi Scimi

You can call me anything you feel comfortable with. I'm already regretting the choice. You anything to do with Scimitar cars? I loved the old Triumphs and owned a few in my time.
If you desire to have your name changed, let me know. That can be easily done.

While us Muslims do disagree with Judaism as a choice for a religion, I believe you will find most of us here have no animosity against anyone just because they are Jewish. I believe you will discover we see people as individuals and see how they treat others, not their stated religious orientation.

Here you will find the hand of friendship stretched out more often than a fist of hate.

Abu Loren
03-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Welcome Mr. Jew

Gosh I used to work in Sheffield.

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrDeity
Hi Scimi

Lovely looking lil cars those. Never sat in one myself though. No, the username Scimitar is derived from the Persian sword, the shamsir, or in Arabic, Saif. In English, it denotes a curved blade which is blunt one side and sharp on the other.

Nice change of name MrDeity, a good choice :)

Scimi

Abu Loren
03-15-2013, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Nice change of name MrDeity, a good choice
Really? He's calling himself a god?

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Could be his admiration of a deity, for example Mr Green - doesn't make the man green, but maybe expresses his love for all things green.

And I doubt any Jew would go around calling themselves G-D (yep, that's how they write it). They too are monotheistic.

Scimi

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm an atheist, gentile, veggie jew who doesn't like labels. I haven't figured out how to change my religion on this forum yet. Once I do, I may be something else next week. Mr Deity is a show about god. Could I be a god if I got enough people to believe in me?

I've had a bit of a look around and there is some bad stuff on here about attitudes towards gay people. Would it offend anyone if they found out that I from a gay family?

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm an atheist, gentile, veggie jew who doesn't like labels. I haven't figured out how to change my religion on this forum yet. Once I do, I may be something else next week. Mr Deity is a show about god. Could I be a god if I got enough people to believe in me?
You could be, if you let me shoot you with a desert eagle 5.0 and then heal yourself... :D even then, i'd have a hard time believing it. Man is NOT God.

I've had a bit of a look around and there is some bad stuff on here about attitudes towards gay people. Would it offend anyone if they found out that I from a gay family?
I know gay people irl. Some are proper limp wristed, they make me feel uncomfortable. Then there are others who don't brandish their sexuality openly, and those I have no problem with.

I don't feel offended by you or your family being gay. You are what you are, it's your choice.

How about you? do you feel uncomfortable around Muslims who wear Islamic dress and have beards?

Scimi

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
How about you? do you feel uncomfortable around Muslims who wear Islamic dress and have beards?
Depends on the situation. The few times I have been around Muslims have been slightly confrontational, as is the case with Christians. I'm not very good around people with pre-formed ideologies. I also worked bang in the middle of the Jewish community in N16 and found that an odd experience too. There isn't much chance to meet different souls in person, hence my foray on here.

Abu Loren
03-15-2013, 06:00 PM
I think Mr FiltyJew/MrDeity made history here as this must the most commented 'Intoduce Yourself' thread.

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Understandable. I know N16 very well. I'm only around half hour away from there myself.

Being an atheist yourself, when you engage in theology with Jews, Christians and Muslims, what irks you so much? Is it their conviction? Or their lack of scientific proof for a God? or something else? or a combination of all?

I guess I'm a bit bewildered that you decided to join this forum, when you admittedly do not find yourself able to stand the company of religious folk?

Scimi

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
I think Mr FiltyJew/MrDeity made history here as this must the most commented 'Intoduce Yourself' thread.
No, that was mine ;) :D

Abu Loren
03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
No, that was mine ;)
Show off!

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I was rather proud that I was able to get my post count up to 50 all within my own intro thread lol

Abu Loren
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I was rather proud that I was able to get my post count up to 50 all within my own intro thread lol
So I suppose congratulations are in order. Then again you can congratulate yourself. :)

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
already did, :D with a kebabish original mixed grill :D (HMC certified) Nyehs !!! :D

anyone want ice cream?

Attachment 5260

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I guess I'm a bit bewildered that you decided to join this forum, when you admittedly do not find yourself able to stand the company of religious folk?
The ones I encounter tend to be 'spreading the word'. It's easy to dismiss somethng without trying to understand it. I was brought-up in a christian culture. I have some experience of Jewish culture but little to do with Islam. I have my own 'theories' about faith generally and I am sure I have some stereotypical views on Muslims. I hope my mind isn't closed to other views.

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I have my own 'theories' about faith generally and I am sure I have some stereotypical views on Muslims.
Do indulge us :)

I hope my mind isn't closed to other views.
I always say, learning is an experience that isn't rated highly enough. :)

be well,

Scimi

Periwinkle18
03-15-2013, 06:58 PM
:welcome: to the forum. hope u learn lots n lots

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks Periwinkle. We shall see.

Cabdullahi
03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Mr deity, a Jewish guy who's also an atheist and on top of that a closet homo.

Welcome on board!.

Do you live in netheredge, totley or manor top? :)

Iceee
03-15-2013, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
Mr deity, a Jewish guy who's also an atheist and on top of that a closet homo.

Welcome on board!.
He's more agnostic.

The ones I encounter tend to be 'spreading the word'. It's easy to dismiss somethng without trying to understand it. I was brought-up in a christian culture. I have some experience of Jewish culture but little to do with Islam. I have my own 'theories' about faith generally and I am sure I have some stereotypical views on Muslims. I hope my mind isn't closed to other views.
How's he a closet homo?

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I have been called worse things than 'closet homo'. However, there are several gay people in my abode as I type. I live in a den of iniquity! I am closest to Manor Top but would prefer to be in Nether Edge. Totley is a bit posh for my liking.

Iceee I'm not an agnostic. I am somewhere to the right of atheism.

Iceee
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Iceee I'm not an agnostic. I am somewhere to the right of atheism.
Well, you have a doubt right?

Agnostic:
A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena;...
Also, change your "Religion" on the forums. Make a new account if you have to.

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
uhm, duplicate accounts are not the way to go. You can request changes to your account by asking admins.

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 10:09 PM
I have just had a post deleted on another thread that I started. I wondered how long it would be before I was censored on here. I have a feeling this will double as my 'Goodbye' thread.

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I have just had a post deleted on another thread that I started. I wondered how long it would be before I was censored on here. I have a feeling this will double as my 'Goodbye' thread.
I stand corrected. It was a post on this thread that was deleted. What did I say?

Independent
03-15-2013, 10:17 PM
I stand corrected. It was a post on this thread that was deleted. What did I say?
You get notified but it can be 24hrs later.

Iceee
03-15-2013, 10:27 PM
What kind of forum is this? A forum where you can say anything you want right?
No wrong, it's an Islamic based forum.

A lot of times, posts are deleted if you attack Islam on this forum. You can always join another one, peace.

MrSlave
03-15-2013, 10:34 PM
But how do I learn if I can't be vocal about my perceptions?

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 10:46 PM
It would help to use the search function, some times threads are duplicated which becomes a bit of a pain. You may find someone has already addressed your questions and answers were already provided. Hence, this may the reason your post was deleted.

Scimi

Independent
03-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Maybe have a read through some more old threads first. You're going straight for controversial issues.

Edit: I see Scimi just said this...

Futuwwa
03-15-2013, 10:53 PM
You could check out this thread by another Jew on how it's done :)

Muhammad
03-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Greetings,

A handful of posts were deleted from this thread which seemed inappropriate and off-topic. Your post was actually a response to someone else, so because other posts were being deleted, it seemed best to remove replies to them too.

Whilst you mentioned the reference for your name, may I still request that you change it. It seems very inappropriate for any person to have, and it cannot be justified by being named after something. In a godless society it may seem trivial, but in an environment of people who consider the topic of God very seriously, such things are important to us. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Scimitar
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
POW WOW (sorry Muhammad)

MrSlave
03-16-2013, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

A handful of posts were deleted from this thread which seemed inappropriate and off-topic. Your post was actually a response to someone else, so because other posts were being deleted, it seemed best to remove replies to them too.

Whilst you mentioned the reference for your name, may I still request that you change it. It seems very inappropriate for any person to have, and it cannot be justified by being named after something. In a godless society it may seem trivial, but in an environment of people who consider the topic of God very seriously, such things are important to us. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Have you seen an episode of Mr Deity? The irony is in the title. There are several thousand deities that have lived in the minds of men. Some had rivers of human blood flowing in their name. Most are now dead and forgotten in the minds of men, resigned to the graveyard of the Gods. My name infers the human nature of inventing gods who are no more super human than we are.

Muhammad
03-16-2013, 12:31 AM
If you are inferring by your name that the concept of God is a mere invention of the human mind, then that is further reason for it to be changed. :)

MrSlave
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Goodbye everyone. I started as a Jew and will leave with my name in tact.

As-salāmu `alaykum

Iceee
03-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Goodbye everyone. I started as a Jew and will leave with my name in tact.

As-salāmu `alaykum
Salaam.

Was nice having you here. Hope you learned something.

Abu Loren
03-17-2013, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

Was nice having you here. Hope you learned something.
No it wasn't. He started off by attacking. His shelf life was limited really.

White Rose
03-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Probably failed the final report that was due ;D. Though he probably got A in the art of talking. :D

Scimitar
03-17-2013, 06:09 PM
that was a quick outage :D what's the record for trolls getting the boot in record time? i'm curious

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!