/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Democracy:Who would you vote for?

Iceee
03-16-2013, 03:44 AM
After the Prophet (peace be upon him) died, the question was; Who should be the next Prophet and carry on the teachings of Islam?

Society chose Abu Bakr (RA) - Started the Sunni Branch
Other's disagreed and chose Ali (RA) - Started the Shi'a Branch

If a vote was done after the Prophets' (peace be upon him) death, who would you have voted for?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
03-16-2013, 03:46 AM
what's the purpose of making threads that can cause bad blood between Muslims?

For the record, I don't vote, not in the times we live - simply because my vote does not count... you know what counts? the real question should be "you know WHO counts?"...

....those who count the votes make the decisions, it's all fixed mate.

Scimi

جوري
03-16-2013, 04:24 AM
There are no more prophets after the seal of the prophet and things happened exactly as they were meant to happen!
Also although we're allowed to give 'bay3a' to our leaders, democracy is categorically antithetical to Islam.. It isn't about people's rule in Islam:

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread) [5:50]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Afahukma aljahiliyyati yabghoona waman ahsanu mina Allahu hukman liqawmin yooqinoona
5:50 Do they then seek after a judgment of (the days of) ignorance? But who, for a people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah.

:Allah::swt: has already given us the law and it isn't up to the people to layout and change and vote on, one day death penalty yes the next day banned. One day gay marriages out the next day in.. It doesn't work out that way. It is a done deal.

:w:

YusufNoor
03-16-2013, 05:38 AM
:sl:

the premise of the question is wrong. there were no shii'a until AFTER Ali. and it was basically Umr ibn al Kittab that realized that Rasoolullah, pbuh, had already chosen Abu Bakr! [and I reckon Aisha knew (and feared) as much as well.]

and Allahu Alam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
03-16-2013, 06:06 AM
You must be asking this in naivety but realise that this is a silly question, brother.

You're asking people to choose their favourite - it's not up to us, living in the 21st century, to decide or argue amongst ourselves which of the Sahaba was best placed to become caliph.

There is a divine wisdom behind every action and what was meant to have happened, did happen and that's all there is to it.

جوري
03-16-2013, 06:08 AM
It was known from the verse for he was the companion if the cave.
And each of them played a role beautifully - also the story between muawiya and Ali :ra: wasn't as sinister as the shites make it I've recently posted a lecture about it under the companions thread the Ali :ra: one - it's not about power or control rather over avenging uthman!s death especially with his widows' fingers cut off and left for display at the madjid to fuel anger and swift justice!

Eric H
03-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Scimitar;

For the record, I don't vote, not in the times we live - simply because my vote does not count...
In the UK anyone is free to stand for election, you could stand for the 'Unified Islamic Party' and votes do count.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

Abu Loren
03-16-2013, 10:41 AM
There is no such thing as democracy : Agreed.

This thread is silly because Abu Bakr (RA) was chosen by the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) himself.

It was narrated that 'Abdullah bin Salimah said:

"I heard 'Ali say: 'The best of people after the Messenger of Allah is Abu Bakr, and the best of people after Abu Bakr is 'Umar.'"

Sunan Ibn Majah
English reference : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 106
Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 111

Ibn Abu Mulaika reported:

I heard A'isha as saying and she was asked as to whom Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) would have nominated his successor if he had to nominate one at all. She said: Abu Bakr. It was said to her: Then whom after Abu Bakr? She said: Umar. It was said to her. Then whom after 'Umar? She said: Abu Ubaida b. Jarrab, and then she kept quiet at this.

Sahih Muslim
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 31, Hadith 5877
Arabic reference : Book 45, Hadith 6329

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!