/* */

PDA

View Full Version : serious social anxiety

anonymous
03-16-2013, 03:57 AM
assalamu alaikum,

i suffer from social anxiety and has gotten serious in the past year or two. when I am in public,especially if there are alot of people around I begin to get worried and my left eye gets really watery, once this feeling kicks in, there is nothing I can do to completely stop it. I have to return to a safe place where I can calm down. This has ruined my life. I can't enjoy anything. i read the dua for anxiety as well.

Can someone please help me out?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
03-17-2013, 11:08 PM
This looks like underlying fear problems you have with people. Maybe even trust issues. Do you live alone by yourself and/or haven't been exposed to be for a very long time. Or you always in someway left out this is why sometimes you seclude yourself and your alarmed when someone is around you so you panic?. First you must discover the underlying cause of this fear. Why are you socially tensed? Do people pose a threat to you? and if so how? What is the worst thing people can do to you? hurt you ? insult you? or even berray you?. Are you afraid of them being physically or mentally or even verbally aggressive toward you?. or do you not feel comfortable around others because you don't want them to know you too well. Do you fear rejection? and you might worry that you do something a little careless and people might make fun of you or humiliate you. If you aswered most of these questions with a yes,possible or a maybe. Then, guess what, so are the rest of us. No one is 100% immediately self assured but I can garauntee that you'll end up being hurt or humiliated anyway even if you take every step necessary to gauge your self from some experiences. And belive in your self ; how would you know something is so bad an dangerous if you haven't tried it yourself. Force yorself out there and engage in some kind of usefull converstaion for starter even if it's a small chit chat with the cashier a the grocery store; or randomly speaking to people on the bus stop. You'll find that it's not even half as bad as you thought it was and even if they ignore you; you don't really know them and probably will not meet them again anyway. I'm getting hints that your are too alarmed over interacting with people; don't worry puch yourself into etting to know people. People are different; so just because one person gave you an unpleasant time it doesn't mean the next person will do the same. Have tawaakul in Allah and have a good opinion in others. We must only fear God He's commanded us to. People can never harm us with out the will of God. And God will protect us as long as we have faith and tawakul in Him. May Allah make it easy for you. :). Salaam.

zakirs
03-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Salaam brother,

Can you visit a psychologist or any other doctor? they would be able to suggest accordingly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!