/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egypt and Islamic relations

Mwally92
03-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Hello
I am doing some research for my Dissertation topic an I was hoping people can help me.

The title of my dissertation is "To what extent do the religions of Egypt influence its national identity", The way I am going to research this is by scientific literature, hopefully some interviews and field observations and using social and media sources (Forums,movies,newspapers Etc).

National identity is how a country is perceived, by either its native population, people who have emigrated there or people from other countries looking in.

Ok, so through my preliminary research and basic understanding I have learnt that religion is a big part of Egypt culture, What I am looking to find out is just 'How important do you think Islam is to Egyptian life?' and 'What comes to mind when you think of Egypt?'

I understand that these questions may seem strange but it is necessary for me to get different peoples view.
lets see how this goes!
Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Islam is part of the fabric of Egyptian life. They've always been very spiritual people since the time of the pharaohs.
Do you want different views or Egyptian people's views? National identity is still ingrained in folks minds because they were brain washed for a while but they're slowly coming out of it and fighting to keep their identity Islamic rather than nationalistic.

Hope that answers your Q's

best,

Student1996
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
I agree that Islam is fabric of Egypt life^^
But with the tyrant ruler He only wants to be powerful and rich. Here is a good video from a non egyptian muslims Point of View.
Go to youtube with this link /watch?v=PQJPx55_aUQ

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!