/* */

PDA

View Full Version : After Namaaz, Do You Stay For Du'a?

Iceee
03-17-2013, 04:45 PM
I guess it might depend on whether you have to leave right after namaaz or you have time to stay...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Loren
03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Imams make du'a?

Iceee
03-17-2013, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
Imams make du'a?
Actually, my bad.
Anyone who leads prayer usually makes du'a after the completion of namaaz they are leading.

Abu Loren
03-17-2013, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Actually, my bad.
Anyone who leads prayer usually makes du'a after the completion of namaaz they are leading.
That is their personal du'a as anybody can make du'a.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
That is their personal du'a as anybody can make du'a.
Don't you stay after the namaaz, listen to their du'a and say ameen?

Ali_008
03-17-2013, 09:16 PM
:sl:
It varies from place to place. When you go Makkah or Medina, you don't find the Imams offering dua after the fard salaah, but they do offer group supplications for the prayer of rain or taraweeh prayers whereas in multiple parts of the world, Imams do offer dua after fard salaah, and the people who prayed behind them say ameen - may not necessarily include everyone in the mosque.

I, personally, don't take part in the group supplication after Salaah, but that's because instantly after I get started with post-Salaah azkaar such as saying Allahu Akbar x33, SubhanAllah x33, Alhamdulillah x33 and La ilaaha illa Allah wahdahu laa shareekala lahul mulk walahul hamd wa huwa aala kulli shay in khadeer x1, and Ayat al-Kursi after that. In addition to that, I also feel that people don't even hear what the Imam is saying in such duas and just keep blabbering aameen without any attention. I always want to be requesting Allah for something with a clear head, great interest, and full focus on Allah, and great expectations of it actually coming true. Vaguely saying aameen, and eventually making it a habit is too scary for me. :scared:

Ramadan90
03-17-2013, 09:37 PM
That doesnt happen in my mosque, at least not loudly and regularly.

Iceee
03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
That doesnt happen in my mosque, at least not loudly and regularly.
:hmm:

For Fajr, Zuhr, Magrib, and Isha - after Fahr salat with the Imam, the Imam takes off the mic, and makes du'a with his hands, really loudly. For Asr salat, it is much more quiet.

I stay and make du'a and say ameen because everyone else seems to do it as well. Peer Pressure... AHHH

Sothis Girl
03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
I usually leave because I'm lazy.... :/ My parents always warned me about it. But it's been habit to put off prayer hijab and go doing stuff after salaah....Bad bad habit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!