/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you fear more.

Student1996
03-18-2013, 03:27 AM
This question came to me, and i was curious on how you all respond.
What do you fear more, Allah or Shaytan/hell fire? and why?
I fear Allah because he is most powerful, but I love Allah peace be upon him.
I fear Shaytan but I do not love him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Student1996
03-18-2013, 03:34 AM
I know, I just converted so I am still learning, I realize my mistake.

Muslim Woman
03-18-2013, 03:56 AM
:sl:

we should fear Allah most as Satan or no one has any power over us except His will .

Sothis Girl
03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996
I know, I just converted so I am still learning, I realize my mistake.
Congratulation on your conversion! :) May Allah keep you steadfast. What I know is, in relationship with Allah there's should not only fear, but love and hope. We don't want to hurt or upset someone we love, then how if The One we love is the Almighty who created us and our path in this world? A salaf (pious predecessor) once said, hope and fear are like two wings of a bird. If you lose one wing, the bird will fall. Hit me for this, but I personally have fear too with karma. I know there is no karma in Islam per se, but Qur'an and HAdith also taught that the bad deeds or sins you do are either "paid back" to you in Akhirah OR in this world while you live. But it's a good thing too, fear of God, Akhirah, and karma, is like a brake that control you from falling into darkness in this world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
03-20-2013, 03:09 PM
It is Allah who puts you in the hellfire. Satan has no power to do anything to you except what you allow him to do. Perhaps an ideal person would be capable of fearing nothing except what Allah could do to him.

However, "fear of God" is an easily misunderstood concept. Here is how the Christian theologian C.S. Lewis explained it. Let’s take three different scenarios.

1. There is a closed door. I tell you, “There is a ferocious, man-eating tiger behind that door,” and you believe it. You feel “fear”—in the sense of a primal instinct, something embedded deep within the nerves. It’s something shallow, animalistic. But very powerful.

2. There is a closed door. I tell you, “There’s a ghost behind that door,” and you believe it. You feel “fear”—in the sense of a strange sensation. The tiger may give you a shudder, but it won’t give you goosebumps. This is something harder to describe. More eerie, not as shallow and not as commonplace. Less about survival instinct, more about a sense of the unknown and the…just plain wrong, for want of a better way of putting it. You feel like the natural order has been violated or something. This is more uncanny. We might call it “dread”.

3. There is a closed door. I tell you, “There is a mighty spirit behind that door—something beyond your comprehension,” and you believe it. You feel “fear—in the sense of what is called “the numinous”. This is more like awe. It’s closer to #2 than to #1 but really in a league all its own. It’s not as unpleasant a sensation as the others, although it may still be more than you bargained for. (I almost want to quote “Watchmen” here but I fear I’ll be misunderstood.)

Anyway I think you’re starting to get the point. “Fear of God” is in the sense of #3—although if you’re strongly tempted to do something truly horrible then #1 is appropriate to the situation because that tiger does bite. You don’t really have to feel obligated to feel any of these emotions at all though. What’s more important—though this is off the top of my head—is to love submission.

IslamicRevival
03-20-2013, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996
This question came to me, and i was curious on how you all respond.
What do you fear more, Allah or Shaytan/hell fire? and why?
I fear Allah because he is most powerful, but I love Allah peace be upon him.
I fear Shaytan but I do not love him.
If one hangs on to the rope of Allah there is no reason to fear Shaytan, I believe we need to be mindful of Shaytan but not fearful.

Silent Peace
04-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I only fear Allah and i dont want to die with pain Insha'Allah

Ramadan90
04-19-2013, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silent Blade
I only fear Allah and i dont want to die with pain Insha'Allah
Everyone will taste the death.

greenhill
05-05-2013, 05:07 AM
Yes, fear Allah but love Him more. Just be weary of Shaytan and your 'nafs'. :shade:

ardianto
05-05-2013, 07:43 AM
All of us must be more afraid of Allah than shaytan. Thus the shaytan made ​​us follow him, not with fear but with a sweet persuasion that makes us forget our fear of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!