/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The misleading media (a must see)

جوري
03-18-2013, 10:33 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-18-2013, 10:34 PM
in fact this is translated I hadn't noticed and should be moved to general

:w:

MustafaMc
03-19-2013, 03:21 AM
The parts in the video about drugs in Afghanistan is quite shocking, but I am not sure that increasing opium cultivation was an intended consequence of invading this country. The final parts about questioning the veracity of kafir accusations about our Muslim brothers and sisters should be heard by all Muslims. I am surprised by how many Muslims are quick to believe the Western media regarding what is said about OBL, KSM, and Sheikh Anwar Alwalki.

جوري
03-19-2013, 03:30 AM
It is a time of great tribulations akhi.. he who controls the media controls the world!
How right is he though..
I just listened to another lecture as posted by a Br. Here and the speaker (who is originally a western convert) spoke of the American lifestyle that it is basically a vacillation between work & entertainment .. something to numb the mind after running it ragged all week... Of course many are naive and misinformed, or just don't give a fig as to why half or more than half their salaries is wasted to numb their minds and funnel their dollars to perpetuate all sorts of ailing ideologies and illegal wars.

They've done an excellent job, suret al'israa truly comes to mind here:

17:4 to top

Sahih International
And We conveyed to the Children of Israel in the Scripture that, "You will surely cause corruption on the earth twice, and you will surely reach [a degree of] great haughtiness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
03-19-2013, 04:13 AM
In an odd way what you wrote brought to mind Boxer from George Orwell's book 'Animal Farm'.

جوري
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
I enjoyed that book.. I don't know when people will admit that man made ideology doesn't work.. in fact while we're on the subject I thought this video summed it to a T.

Independent
03-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Ironically, in a video about media honesty, the video-maker is himself blatantly propagandist in what he reports. There are a number of facts which he omits which change the whole picture:

1. The Taliban in government presided over a profitable opium crop for 4 long years before they suddenly noticed it was 'un-Islamic' and banned it.

2. So why did they did finally act in 2000-2001? Perhaps it was because they received a $43 million bribe to destroy the crop from...guess who?....President Bush of all people. The very guy who (according to this video) promptly invaded Afghanistan in order to increase output again!

3. A major reason the Taliban succeeded in reducing the crop so dramatically was not simply the fatwah and the power of devotion, but because they publicly beheaded any persistent defenders (a somewhat stiffer punishment than anything available under the UN charter).

4. If the author of this video were honest, he would also quote more recent UNDOC opium figures which show that production is now highest in many of the areas where Taliban control is strongest (eg Helmand province).

جوري
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Like the doctor in the video said not to loan an ear to kaffirs and he himself has shown the discrepancy and blatant lie to perpetuate a certain agenda- let's face it, when a report comes out negatory to what the fundi/Zionists want, another one comes out with all sorts of ************* let's get the information directly from the source, in this case the taliban, and again per the latest thread on the topic, if it were true which it is not, then they've a right to their natural resources!

Cabdullahi
03-20-2013, 06:01 AM

Hope the thread creator doesn't mind me posting this.

Al-Mufarridun
03-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Millions was spent to fight this Deen and Millions are still spent for the same purpose.

The example of what they spend in this worldly life is like that of a wind containing frost
which strikes the harvest of a people who have wronged themselves and destroys it.
And Allah has not wronged them, but they wrong themselves. [Surat 3 Verse 117]

"They plowed the earth, they planted the seeds, they took care of it and nourished it, until the plants grew up and it is time to take the fruits, then this cold wind was sent on this harvest and it destroyed it all. Next day they went to gather the fruits when they were in great need of them and they find nothing."

And Allah has not wronged them, but they wrong themselves.

تِلْكَ الدَّارُ الْآخِرَةُ نَجْعَلُهَا لِلَّذِينَ لَا يُرِيدُونَ عُلُوًّا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فَسَادًا ۚوَالْعَاقِبَةُ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ
As for the abode of the Hereafter, We shall assign it to those who seek neither self-aggrandisement on the earth nor corruption.
The righteous shall have a blessed end.
Qasas V.83

جوري
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Indeed he's wel paid but I've been saying that all along!

GuestFellow
03-20-2013, 08:59 PM
People love misleading other people. Some people mislead themselves or want to be mislead. How cute.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!