/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'an in Arabic.

Student1996
03-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Is reading it in arabic required by allah or is it just sunnah. Because I want to read arabic if it is sunnah. And also is it okay to listen to it on audio because I learn better by hearing rather than reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sohail1234
03-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Allah Amighty reveal the Holy quraan in arabic language becuase that time the basic langaue of the peoples of arab is arabic and in the language of arabic of they better understand the meaning of quraan and the the order of Allah Almighty.

Al-Mufarridun
03-19-2013, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996
Is reading it in arabic required by allah or is it just sunnah. Because I want to read arabic if it is sunnah. And also is it okay to listen to it on audio because I learn better by hearing rather than reading.
:sl: Bro

The Quran is only Quran when it is written/recited in Arabic. When it is translated then its the 'translation of the Quran'. There is also the Transliteration form which is meant to assist you in reciting it in Arabic.

So you will need to learn how to read the Quran in arabic In Shaa Allah. It is not very hard, you will just have to put in some time and effort, and you'll be rewarded by Allah :swt: for your efforts.

In the mean time, you can read the Transliteration and the translation. You should first try, if you haven't already, to Memorize the Fatiha, first chapter, and some of the short Surahs in the end of the Quran. You'll need to use these in your Salah.

Yes it is okay to listen to it, you can combine all three, listening to it so that you can master the proper Tajwed and pronunciation, plus reading the Transliteration and Translations will also help you in your reading and memorization In Shaa Allah.

Ps. If you need any further help, you can continue to post any questions you have in this section.

May Allah :swt: make it easy for you and assist you in your journey. Ameen ya Rabb!!

Allah :swt: knows best.

Abu Loren
03-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Also further to what bro above has said there are a wealth of information and Qur'anic recitations on Youtube. Like the brother said learning to read Arabic is not rocket science once you learn the Arabic alphabet and know where to put the kasra and the rest then it will become easy Inshaa Allah.

I can read but I do not understand. That doesn't matter as every letter of the Qur'an you read there is a 10x blessing. So imagine reading just a page. Mashaa Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
03-19-2013, 10:02 AM
:sl:

which one of the following audio translations would you prefer:

1. Surah Al-Ikhlas 112

2. S
urah Al- Ikhlas 112

. Surah Al-Ikhlas 112

4. Surah Al-Ikhlas 112

Student1996
03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Thank you all. And know the Fatiha.:bism: <I want to also read that what it says.

Ahmad H
03-23-2013, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996
I know recitation is important, but understanding it is far more important. Learn to read Arabic first, then immediately start learning what the words mean so you can eventually see the meaning of the words of the Qur'an. Believe me, it is like a mystery and a miracle coming to life when you learn and understand the Arabic meanings. The Qur'an becomes a living Book. The miracle lies not just in recitation, but knowing what you are reciting. Don't be satisfied with reciting what you don't understand. Try your best to understand it, and you will find your love will grow as you understand more. Allah rewards those who try to learn His Book greatly. So don't stick with only recitation.

Abu Loren
03-23-2013, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
I know recitation is important, but understanding it is far more important. Learn to read Arabic first, then immediately start learning what the words mean so you can eventually see the meaning of the words of the Qur'an. Believe me, it is like a mystery and a miracle coming to life when you learn and understand the Arabic meanings. The Qur'an becomes a living Book. The miracle lies not just in recitation, but knowing what you are reciting. Don't be satisfied with reciting what you don't understand. Try your best to understand it, and you will find your love will grow as you understand more. Allah rewards those who try to learn His Book greatly. So don't stick with only recitation.
This is great advise, however why would you give this advise when in another thread you said that you do not know Arabic?

Ahmad H
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
This is great advise, however why would you give this advise when in another thread you said that you do not know Arabic?
That's exactly why I gave the advise. Coming from a person who only recited Qur'an before without understanding it, that is the perspective I gave the advise from. As I am learning Arabic, more beauties of the Holy Qur'an are being opened up for me. As I learn, I read it and see even more beauty. In sha 'Allah, I will learn Arabic enough to read and fully understand what is being recited. But, if I can let others know that they will benefit by even a small amount of learning, then this will be good incentive for them to start learning. They can learn over time and continuously benefit from their learning as they progress.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!