/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are the Semitic Languages a gift from Allah?

Abu Loren
03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala revealed His revelations in a Semitic language particularly Hebrew and Arabic. I have this notion in my head that when Allah created Adam (Alayhi Salaam) He taught him one of the Semitic languages. These languages consists of Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic and Syriac.

So the question is - Do you think that the Semitic languages are a gift from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
well only in Semitic tongue do we have the only existing miracle as a source of guidance, spiritual growth. I also don't think it could have happened had we not had other Semitic languages like Aramaic & Hebrew with which to compare this gift for Arabic is the most evolved & most eloquent of them.
I can write more on the subject as it is expansive but I have a few errands to take care of for now :D

Jedi_Mindset
03-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Interesting thread bro, I think every language is a gift from Allah(SWT). Remember that hebrew is new, a changed form of Aramaic which has many relations with arabic :). It also the language the prophet Musa(As) and Isa(As) spoke, and even the prophets(Peace be upon them) from earlier times.

I think every language is a gift from Allah(SWT) but the languages of semitic languages are more special because they're exactly perfect for recitation and for our Deen, so it could be. These are the languages which our Deen is based upon ( mainly Arabic now, which is also the language of the inhabitants of Jannah), but also the languages like aramaic and hebrew spoken by the earlier believers and prophets(As)

So yes, in that sense they are special indeed.

Abu Loren
03-19-2013, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I can write more on the subject as it is expansive but I have a few errands to take care of for now
How dare you leaving the poll to do errands?

Nah seriously can't wait for your input Inshaa Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-19-2013, 10:26 PM
:jz: my input is that :Allah::swt: created us into tribes and nations to learn from one another, however I think the choosing of Arabic has a very special purpose in both the preservation and divine transcendence... one really has to speak the language to appreciate the depth of that beauty and its endless facets but I think many get it just by listening to recitations :ia:

:w:

Abu Loren
03-20-2013, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
one really has to speak the language to appreciate the depth of that beauty and its endless facets but I think many get it just by listening to recitations
I do not speak nor understand Arabic but when I hear a Qur'anic recitation something stirs within my soul, there are seven ways to recite the Holy Qur'an and Mashaa Allah they are all so beautiful.

Of course I can't prove it but I have this romantic notion in my head that father Adam (Alayhi Salaam ) and mother Hawwa (Alayhi Salaam) both spoke one of the Semitic languages and, like you say, as we became tribes and nations we all added a bit more to it and grew to the various languages that we have today.

There is no doubt that Prophet Ibrahim (Alayhi Salaam) spoke Hebrew and it is safe to assume that Prophet Ismail (Alayhi Salaam) also spoke that language. However as they were sent to live in Mecca they had to mingle with the people who came to settle there and their language became Arabic.

Jedi_Mindset
03-20-2013, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
I do not speak nor understand Arabic but when I hear a Qur'anic recitation something stirs within my soul, there are seven ways to recite the Holy Qur'an and Mashaa Allah they are all so beautiful.

Of course I can't prove it but I have this romantic notion in my head that father Adam (Alayhi Salaam ) and mother Hawwa (Alayhi Salaam) both spoke one of the Semitic languages and, like you say, as we became tribes and nations we all added a bit more to it and grew to the various languages that we have today.

There is no doubt that Prophet Ibrahim (Alayhi Salaam) spoke Hebrew and it is safe to assume that Prophet Ismail (Alayhi Salaam) also spoke that language. However as they were sent to live in Mecca they had to mingle with the people who came to settle there and their language became Arabic.
You mean Aramaic(The language of musa(as), isa(As) ) bro, hebrew is far more new.

Abu Loren
03-20-2013, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
You mean Aramaic(The language of musa(as), isa(As) ) bro, hebrew is far more new.
OK thanks for the correction bro.

GuestFellow
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
I have no idea. =/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!