/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful who you call a Kafir

sister herb
03-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I afraid that we forget this too many times:

"As to those who reject Faith, It is the same to them Whether thou warn them Or do not warn them; They will not believe." The Holy Quran, 02:06 Al Baqarah.

Abdullah Yusuf Ali's commentary: Kufr, Kafara, Kafir, and derivative forms of the word, imply a deliberate rejection of Faith as opposed to a mistaken idea of Allah or faith, which is not consistent with an ernest desire to see the truth. Where there is sch desire, the Grace and Mercy of Allah gives guidance. But that guidance is not efficacious when it is deliberately rejected, and the possibility of rejection follows from the grant of free will. The consequence of the rejection is that spiritual faculties become dead or impervious to better influence.

Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

We must always maintain courtesy, diplomacy and a never-dying zeal to convey the message to others no matter how discouraging or useless it may seem - don't give up on a non-muslim because most people are good people who simply need a break from the anti-Islamic propaganda around them.

The Fastest Way to Leave Islam

It is always safest to assume that a non-muslim has been misguided, misinformed and fed lies and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims - don't jump to calling him a Kafir. Remove the name-calling from your articles and websites - wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry - name-calling, especially wrongly branding someone as 'evil', 'kafr' and 'manifestation of satan' - GHEEBOT - could entail dire consequences for us on Judgement Day.

Perhaps there is no faster way to leave Islam than by calling other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination.

About calling other Muslims "kafir," we read the following hadith: It is reported on the authority of Ibn `Umar that the Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Muslim]

Therefore, if you call other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination, you could find that you have left Islam, according to the words of the Prophet (s.a.w.), in less than a second.

Waste no time debating what a good Muslim should be. Be one!

Guiding a Non-Muslim to Islam only possible by the Grace of God. Our job is to help others understand Islam - that is our basic duty. And only then inshallah, will non-muslims move in the direction of becoming one of us. We must remain positive, open-minded and generous in our efforts to convey the true message.

You cannot encourage a non-muslim to be understanding and open-minded if you yourself are hot-tempered and hurling accusations at him/her. No non-muslim is going to respect you and it will certainly reflect badly on Islam if a Muslim, a representative of Islam, is narrow-minded.

I pray to Allah that we develop patience and sincerity in our efforts to bring about more tolerance in this world. Remember....every human being, regardless of whether he/she is born to Muslim or Non-Muslim parents, is born innocent and pure...it is society that influences him/her to stray from Islam and just as a person can stray, he/she can revert back and YOU can help this process.

We have a very important and sensitive role to play. We are the trusted Ummah of the Rasool, a servant of God...it has been made our duty and our obligation to pass on the pure, unadulterated truth - make honest and full use of this honourable task.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jedi_Mindset
03-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Alhamdulillah, good thread sis, i find this problem a rising issue amongst us, by labeling the ones who have been strayed from the right path of ahlus sunnah wal jamaah, as kafirs. True, they are not the right path, but its one of these issues our ummah is on its lowest point.

We should first strive to become better ourselves instead of judging others. true, i dont like shia's but there are numerous of sects amongst us even amongst us sunni's. Shia's are also split in various sects. its a danger true - but i prefer unifcation with the ones who dont have hate or put their sect above the others instead of full blown secterian warfare.

sister herb
03-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Salam alaykum

I didn´t think shias and sunnis when posting this but situation among of sunnis - how easily we call someone non-muslim if he/she thinks differently like we think.

We should leave name-calling and understand that only Allah knows who is true muslim, who is not. And those whose aren´t we should help and support, not judge.

:embarrass As we all judge too easily.

GuestFellow
03-22-2013, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Alhamdulillah, good thread sis, i find this problem a rising issue amongst us, by labeling the ones who have been strayed from the right path - ahlus sunnah wal jamaah, as kafirs. True, they are not the right path, but its one of these issues our ummah is on its lowest point.

We should first strive to become better ourselves instead of judging others. true, i dont like shia's but there are numerous of sects amongst us even amongst us sunni's. Shia's are also split in various sects. its a danger true - but i prefer unifcation with the ones who dont have hate or put their sect above the others instead of full blown secterian warfare.
Will you unify with me? =) Are we still fwends?

Anyway, yeah I have seen some Muslims saying "BHWAAAAAH U KAFIR" all the time. They sound crazy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Loren
03-22-2013, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
Will you unify with me? =) Are we still fwends?

Anyway, yeah I have seen some Muslims saying "BHWAAAAAH U KAFIR" all the time. They sound crazy.
Pleased to meet you GooFellow so you are the comedian of this forum?

sister herb
03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
Pleased to meet you GooFellow so you are the comedian of this forum?
I think that also prophet Muhammad laughted. Being comedian is very important part of religion.

:statisfie

May Allah bless all of our sisters and brothers whose can put smile to others face. It is very important.

Ahmad H
03-22-2013, 08:56 PM
This is a very good thread. I think this is a very serious issue with the Muslim Ummah, and it is why there is so much killing. Otherwise, Muslims know in their hearts to love other Muslims.

Student1996
03-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Good thread, I witnessed a muslim refering to another as kafir, just because he was clean shaven. I think all muslim should respect each other. We are supposed to all be brother and sisters.

Muslim Woman
03-23-2013, 01:09 AM
:sl:

a good reminder . Now a days , I see people love to call others Kaafir imsad

IAmZamzam
03-23-2013, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I think that also prophet Muhammad laughted. Being comedian is very important part of religion
Didn't he suddenly blow water into someone's face once using his mouth?

marwen
03-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Good thread.
To consider someone a kafir, 2 conditions should be satisfied as scholars stated :

1) to do an act of kufr : doing a kufr act (magic, to judge with rules against Allah's shariah, to reject a part of Islam, etc.) : {What constitutes Kufr}

2) to have the knowledge that what he did is an act of kufr, and to have the intention to do it.

=> therefore, an ignorant who does an act of kufr while he ignores that it's kufr, is not considered kafir, until he is informed about it.
=> someone who is forced to do kufr, is not a kafir, because he didn't deliberately intend to do kufr.

Not every ordinary person can label another person a kafir, based on these conditions, only scholars could make fatwa of kufr, and only by giving evidences.

The Conditions For Takfir
by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Source: Majmoo al-Fataawaa, 2/125-126

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen was asked, “The conditions for the judgement of takfir of a Muslim? And the judgement upon the one who did any action that is mukaffir (i.e. expels from the religion) but only in jest (not seriously)?”

The Shaykh replied by saying, “For the judgement of the takfir of a Muslim, there are two conditions: The first, that the evidence that this matter is something that expels from the religion is established. The second, the application of the ruling upon the one who does that, in that he has knowledge of it and that he intends it (aaliman bidhaalik qaasidan lahu).

Thus, if he is ignorant, he does not become a disbeliever, due to His saying, “And whoever contends with the Messenger after the guidance has been made clear to him, and he follows a path other than the path of the believers, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Jahannam, an evil refuge” (4:115) and His saying, “And Allaah is not one to misguide a people after He has guided them, until He explains to them that which they should avoid…” (9:115), and His saying, “And We never punish until we have sent a Messenger.” (17.15).

However, when this person is neglectful in abandoning learning and attaining clarity, he is not to be excused. Such as when it reaches him that this action of his is kufr, and then he does not verify it (that it is as such), and nor does he investigate, then in this situation, he is not to be excused.

And if he did not intend (ghayr qaasid) the action (i.e. wilfully, knowingly, deliberately), then he does not become a disbeliever. He does not become a disbeliever. Such as for example, when he is compelled to kufr while his heart is secure with Imaan, such as when his thinking becomes confused, so he does not know what he is saying, due to extreme joy and what is like that. Or such as the man with the camel who lost it, then he sat under the tree, waiting for death, and then he finds it tied to the tree, and so he takes it, then he said, “O Allaah, you are my servant and I am your lord”, so he erred due to extreme joy.

However, the one who did something that expels from the religion, only in jest (maazihan), then he becomes a disbeliever, because he intended that [action or statement] (qasada dhaalik), as has been textually stated by the people of knowledge.” (Majmoo al-Fataawaa, 2/125-126).

sister herb
03-23-2013, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
Didn't he suddenly blow water into someone's face once using his mouth?
Salam alaykum

When we use humor, we should also remember be kind to others. Humor is not meant to insult those we dislike but be pure way to joy and happiness.

'Abd-al Latif
03-23-2013, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
True, they are not the right path, but its one of these issues our ummah is on its lowest point.
Can you please clarify who you mean by "they"?

By "they" if you mean to say ahlus-sunnah wal jamaa'ah then the term ahlus-sunnah wal Jamaa'ah (People of the Sunnah and the mainstream) can be traced back to the famous companions of the Prophet (:saws1:), Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood and Abdullaah ibn Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with them both).

Commenting on the ayaah in surah Imran "And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah, and be not divided among yourselves. (3:103)", Ibn Mas’ood explained that the "rope" was the Jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims/people of the sunnah).

The derivation of ahlus-sunnah can be made from the following verse also in surah Al Imraan:

'On the Day (of Resurrection) when some faces will become white and some faces will become black.' (3:106)

Ibn Abbas commented on this verse thus forth, ‘followers of the Sunnah and the Jamaa'ah will radiate with whiteness’.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen summarized Ahlus-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah as ‘those who adhere to the Sunnah and who unite upon it, not turning to anything else, whether that be in matters of belief or matters of actions which are subject to Islamic rulings. Hence they are called ahlus Sunnah because they adhere to the "sunnah" and they called "al-Jamaa’ah" because they are united in following it.’

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!