/* */

PDA

View Full Version : List of endtimes prophecies

IAmZamzam
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Some tripod site called “dajjalsystem” contains the following list of ahadith about endtimes signs. Many of these prophecies are from passages I’ve encountered before but some of them also look unfamiliar to me and I want to know how legit the list is altogether. I’m beginning to notice an annoyingly common tendency in the ummah for people to cite sources impartially or not at all when quoting ahadith.

* The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
* Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low (Ahmad)
* Adultery and fornication will be prevalent (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami)
* When fornication becomes widespread among your leaders (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this will happen when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah)
* Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open
* The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread (Bukhari & Muslim)
* Women will outnumber men......eventually 50:1 (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
* Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
* The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
* People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen (Muslim) ?The Slave Trade
* The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* When a trust becomes a means of making a profit (at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami)
* Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)
* Paying zakat becomes a burden and miserliness becomes widespread; charity is given reluctantly (at-Tirmidhi & Al-Haythami)
* Miserliness will be thrown into the hearts of people (Bukhari)
* Episodes of sudden death will become widespread (Ahmad)
* There will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret (He was asked how that would come about and replied, "Because they will have ulterior motives in their mutual dealings and at the same time will fear one another.") (at-Tirmidhi)
* When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father (at-Tirmidhi)
* When voices are raised in the Masjids (at-Tirmidhi)
* People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed
* Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time
* The people of Iraq will recieve no food and no money due to oppression by the Romans (Europeans) (Muslim)
* People will hop between the clouds and the earth
* A tribulation will enter everyone’s home (Ahmad)
* The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-Tirmidhi)
* Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)
* People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi)
* Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)
* Female singers and musical instruments will become popular (at-Tirmidhi)
* When singers become common (Al-Haythami)
* People will dance late into the night
* When the last ones of the Ummah begin to curse the first ones (at-Tirmidhi)
* People will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject hadith & sunnah (Abu Dawood)
* People will believe in the stars (Al-Haythami)
* People will reject al-Qadr (the Divine Decree of Destiny) (Al-Haythami)
* Time will pass rapidly (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
* Good deeds will decrease (Bukhari)
* Smog will appear over cities because of the evil that they are doing
* People will be carrying on with their trade, but their will only be a few trustworthy persons
* Wealth will increase so much so that if a man were given 10,000, he would not be content with it (Ahmad & Bukhari)
* A man will pass by a grave and wish that he was in their place (Bukhari)
* Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari & Muslim)
* There will be attempts to make the deserts green
* The appearance of false messengers (30 dajjals) (Bukhari)
* Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these women will be led astray & will lead others astray (Muslim)
* The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims (Ahmad)
* The conquest of India by the Muslims, just prior to the return of Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon both of them)(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* When people begin to compete with others in the construction of taller buildings (Bukhari)
* There will be a special greeting for the people of distinction (Ahmad)
* The Euphrates will disclose a treasure (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that whoever is present should not take anything from it) (Bukhari & Muslim)
* Two large groups, adhering to the same religious teaching will fight each other with large numbers of casualties (Bukhari & Muslim)
* Wild animals will be able to talk to humans (Ahmad)
* A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (Ahmad)
* Years of deceit in which the truthful person will not be believed and the liar will be believed (Ahmad)
* Bearing false witness will become widespread (Al-Haythami & Ahmad)
* When men lie with men and women lie with women (Al-Haythami)
* Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business (Ahmad)
* A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this world (Ahmad)
* Arrogance will increase in the earth (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
* Family ties will be cut (Ahmad)
* There will be many women of child-bearing age who will no longer give birth.
* There will be an abundance of food, much of which has no blessing in it.
* People will refuse when offerred food.
* Men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men

So is anything on the list inauthentic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
03-23-2013, 04:17 AM
I went through the list and everything sourced seems alright. I have read those Ahadith many times and am very familiar with them. But the ones which are not sourced seem suspicious because I have not seen them anywhere before. And I have read many books narrating Ahadith on this subject.

The exception is the one which says that the attempts will be made to turn deserts green and the one about the nations gathering against the Muslims as people gather to eat food at a dinner table.

As for the deserts turning green:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour will not come before wealth becomes abundant and overflowing, so much so that a man takes Zakat out of his property and cannot find anyone to accept it from him and till the land of Arabia becomes meadows and rivers. (Book#005, Hadith #2208)
(Sahih Muslim)

As for the nations gathering against the Muslims like at a dinner table:
Narrated Thauban: "The Prophet peace be upon him said: 'The nations shall gather and team up against you (i.e., Muslims) as the predators gather and team up against their preys. A questioner asked: 'Is it because of us being low in numbers at that day?' The Prophet replied: 'No, you that day shall be in great numbers, but you will be as powerless as the foam of the water on the surface of the river, and Allah shall remove any fear from your enemies toward you, and He shall put in your hearts a corruption.' A questioner asked: 'O Apostle of Allah, what is the corruption?' The Prophet replied: 'The love of life's amusements and the fear of death.' (Translation of Sunan Abu Dawud, The Book of Fierce Battles - The Gathering of all Nations against Islam, Book 37, Number 4297)"

But for the people leaping between the earth and the sky, there is a Sahih Muslim hadith mentioning Dajjal hopping between the earth and the sky. Just a though, but they might be referring to the same thing. They all refer to a time period close to the last Hour.

It is true that men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men. i have seen this as well but I do not know where the reference for it is. I have seen it quoted in some books on signs of the Last Hour many times before. So it is most likely authentic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!