/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arguements

Berries'forest
03-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Manytimes we encounter people who don't share the same views and opinions we have. For some of us that's fine and we can deal with it. Some people can tolerate as long as they feel their personal boundaries have not been crossed. But others can't seem to accept that we are 7 billion different people, with different backgrounds and different upbringings. Don't you just hate it when people start yelling at each other for the most peculair topics; like seriously why does it matter if someone doesn't think too well of some kind of fictional character you happen to cherish. Or even worse when they almost make death threats to each other becuase of petty political difference. God I hate arguemnts I wish we could ust drop the arrogance. I mean honestly some people should be awarded for their abilities in driving people up the wall. Do they have to be right in almost everything??. And even more importanty what advantage does anyone take by proving their opinion. I'm starting to think some people actually enjoy screaming at each other because they can't seem to agree on who did what last winter. Thanks for allowing me to post.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Berries'forest
03-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Anyone agree??.

Qurratul Ayn
03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
:salamext:

I would say debates, civilised exchange of views, contained conversation but not arguments, that's my perception of it anyways.

Oh my dear Sister Berries'forest, this forum contains members from all over the world, different ethnicity and different beliefs or non-beliefs for the Agnostics (makes sense?:?Lol)

So there will be different opinions and views that come across, harsh or cruel or mean or sarcastic and sometimes, I think, members become passionate, adamant, opinionated about their views, suggestions and comments and sometimes they post before they think, therefore the way their post comes across may not be the intention of the poster

You're not the first to have brought this up and I doubt you'd be the last, dear Berries'forest

But if you truly have a problem with this then I suggest you speak to the Moderators via the HelpDesk, where it's only viewed by you and the Moderators or PM (Private Message) a Sister Moderator about this, and I'm certain they'd help you out :ia: or even if a post looks like it's definitely out of order then report it and the Moderators will pick up on it.

Those are my thoughts,

Ma Salama

Ahmad H
03-24-2013, 01:04 AM
I agree. I don't like confrontational arguments either. I like intelligent and factual based arguments.

I have dealt with many people online in harsh exchanges of words. Always with them having some aggression against Islam and Muslims - or other Muslims who seem to have some messed up version of Islam which they have concocted for themselves. But, when I learnt that you should not argue with fools from a Hadith, then I realized the wisdom behind those words very quickly. Only fools argue to make themselves right when they are not. The wise stay away from fools. It is like the oft-quoted Biblical verse by Christians, where Jesus (as) is quoted as having said, "Do not cast your pearls before swine." This means don't exchange words of wisdom with those who are lowly and filthy in their mind-set, they cannot fathom the words of the wise.

I do not consider myself wise. By no means. But it is the duty of every Muslim to enjoin good and forbid evil. I say speak up when something is wrong, and if that individual cannot handle words of wisdom, then leave them be since your duty is done. At that point, leave the rest of the task of their change of heart to Allah, since Allah is the turner of the hearts and He makes people go the right path if He wishes. Should those people want to go on the wrong path themselves, then let Him deal with them.

People go wrong in this kind of attitude of enjoining good and forbidding evil by trying to police others. This is like watching over them, but that is wrong. The Holy Prophet (saw) wasn't a warden over anyone, so neither should we. Only Allah is our Warden.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
03-24-2013, 01:16 AM
I see where your coming from and agree.

I was very polite in real life and I suppose on this forum. I used to tolerate insults and sarcastic remarks. I'm no stranger to being humiliated. I have been called every name in the book from my relatives, tutors, employers, co-workers, students, customers, strangers, siblings, doctors, receptionists and even my parents. These insults usually arise from disagreements or for absolutely no reason. I tend to shut up and keep my mouth shut because most of the time I noticed people are not aware that they are being rude. I remember someone saying that I have a very kind face which results in me being an easy target. I admit I was afraid to speak up at times.

Now I speak my mind. As a result I can say pretty mean things. *ruffles feathers* I tend to have fun with it too.

EDIT:

Oh the emotional rant above is a big LIE. LOL for anyone believing it.

IslamicRevival
03-24-2013, 01:20 AM
I agree but its not worth getting worked up about it. The EGO is the root cause of arrogance and it needs to be tamed and destroyed, before it destroys us.

GuestFellow
03-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Nothing wrong with arguments/disagreements. I suppose insults are the issue here. =)

Abu Loren
03-24-2013, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
Now I speak my mind. As a result I can say pretty mean things. *ruffles feathers* I tend to have fun with it too.
That reminds me is there an 'ignore' button as this guy GuestFellow is getting on my nerves.

GuestFellow
03-24-2013, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren
That reminds me is there an 'ignore' button as this guy GuestFellow is getting on my nerves.
Please don't ignore me. I need you to read my posts. PLEASE DON'T DO IT. YOUR HURTING MY FWEELINGS!

M.I.A.
03-24-2013, 02:51 PM
there is only god,

he raises and lowers as he wills.

my morality compass went haywire after reading the quran in part..

the story of moses pbuh meeting a man under guidance.

im still moral to a fault, but i know better than think thats how the world should be.

7 billion people indeed.

and if you dont fight you dont get... apparently.

i just dont want to become something trapped behind my own eyes..

so i write instead.

but people make there own ways, so there are trolls and politicians and passive aggresives and 7 billion other varieties.

and the moment you step out the door your at the mercy of everyone of them.. iv never met any that i would take as god.

and why would i, berries'forrest explains it well.

and yet im still adament there is only god.

he raises and lowers as he wills.

...and my heaven is elswhere.

that probably makes very little sense.

but its why i dont really keep friends anymore.

it would all just become a losing battle really.

the most ironic thing is that you dont act the same way around all people... that takes a while to learn.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!