/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Walking to the Masjid

Uzayr
03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
I live in England where as you know the sky is always dark, I usually walk to the Masjid near my house to read all of my prayers, as i exit i read "auzubi kalimaatillahi min sharri maa khalaq" but have cut down (going to fajr_ due to a supernatural encounter, not aliens, but as I was walking home last week after reading Fajr namaz, approx. 5:45, at the end of my street I saw a man, completely blacked out< I couldnt see his face but I could make out his figure, he was veryyyyy tall, half way of the lampost and his hands were reaching his knees, he didnt look like he was leaning but was walking very slowly, so I turned around and took the other route, when I got home I told my grandad and he said I should always read surahs before I go.

Im a little scared by this fact please advise?:hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
03-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Your grandad was correct. Read Surahs before you go. More specifically, the four Kuls. That is: Surah Al-Kafiroon, Surah Al-Falaq, Surah Al-Ikhlaas and Surah Al-Nas. Recite Ayat-ul-Kursi as well. I do not know what that was, but if it is keeping you from going to the masjid, and that was its purpose, then it was a Shaytan. It does not have to be THE Shaytan, but it would be a Shaytan nevertheless since the intention was evil.

I can understand why you got scared though. Once in Virginia, i was walking along a street with one of my cousins, and he and I looked at this tree with a large bug in it which was half our size (we were around 14 at the time). It flapped its wings like a fly, and it made a loud buzzing sound which made our neck hairs stand up. We freaked out so we ran away. Both of us still remember it till now and don't know what that was. So these odd occurrences happen now and then to people. They are unexplained things, but they could be something different and were just a part of our imaginations.

But please, don't let this man scare you from going to the Masjid. Go in the Name of Allah and you will be fine.

Iceee
03-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Please pray right after you leave your home:
Be-is-millahi tawak cultu allullah.

I don't know the correct spelling, just the Arabic way to say it. :p

When I walk to the masjid for Magrib/Isha, there's always a man smoking in front of my condo. He always asks me for a dollar, a lighter, or a cigarette. I just say no, keep my head down, and keep on walking. Don't look back at anyone you looking at you unless they start following you. THEN RUN!

Also: Try jogging or running to masjid, I always do that knowing I'm probably faster than this chimney. He never has followed me and I feel safer.

-Coming from 18 year old male-

Abu Loren
03-24-2013, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uzayr
I live in England where as you know the sky is always dark, I usually walk to the Masjid near my house to read all of my prayers, as i exit i read "auzubi kalimaatillahi min sharri maa khalaq" but have cut down (going to fajr_ due to a supernatural encounter, not aliens, but as I was walking home last week after reading Fajr namaz, approx. 5:45, at the end of my street I saw a man, completely blacked out< I couldnt see his face but I could make out his figure, he was veryyyyy tall, half way of the lampost and his hands were reaching his knees, he didnt look like he was leaning but was walking very slowly, so I turned around and took the other route, when I got home I told my grandad and he said I should always read surahs before I go.

Im a little scared by this fact please advise?:hiding:
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

What to say when leaving the home

Bismillahi, tawakkaltu 'alallaahi, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata 'illa billaah.

In the Name of Allah, I have placed my trust in Allah, there is no might and no power except by Allah.

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika 'an 'adhilla, 'aw 'audhalla, 'aw 'azilla, 'aw 'uzalla, 'aw 'adhima, 'aw 'udhlama, 'aw 'ajhala, 'aw yujhala 'alayya.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I misguide others, or I am misguided by others, lest I cause others to err or I am caused to err, lest I abuse others or be abused, and lest I behave foolishly or meet with the foolishness of others.

Invocation for going the mosque

Allaahummaj'al fee qalbee nooran, wa fee lisanee nooran, wa fee sam'ee nooran, wa fee basaree nooran, wa min fawqee norran, was min tahtee nooran, wa 'an yameenee nooran, wa 'an shimalee nooran, wa min 'amamee nooran, wa min khalfee nooran, waj'al fee nafsee nooran, wa 'a'dhim lee nooran, waj'al nooran, waj'alnee nooran, Allaahumma 'a'tinee nooran, waj'al fee 'asabee nooran, wa fee lahmee nooran, wa fee basharee nooran, (Allaahummaj'al lee nooran fee qabree wa nooran fee 'idhaamee). (Wa zidnee nooran, wa zidnee nooran, wa zidnee nooran). (Wa hab lee nooran 'alaa noor).

O Allah place light in my heart, and on my tongue light, and in my ears light and in my sight light, and above me light, and below me light, and to my right light, and to my left light, and before me light, and behind me light, place in my soul light, magnify for me light, and amplify for me light, make for me light and make me a light, O Allah grant me light, and place light in my nerves, and in my body light, and in my blood light, and on my hair light and on my skin light, (O Allah make for me light in my grave and light in my bones). (Increase me in ligh, increase me in light, increase me in light). (Grant me light upon light).

Invocation for entering the mosque

A'oothu billahil 'Adheem,wa bi Wajhihil Kareem, wa Sultanihil qadeem, minash shaytaneer rajeem. (Bismillahi, wassalaatu). (Wassallamu 'alaa Rasoolillahi). Allaahum maftah lee abwaaba rahmatika.

I seek refuge in Almighty Allah, by His Noble Face, by His primordial power, from satan the outcast. (In the Name of Allah and blessings). (And peace be upon the messenger of Allah).

Invocation for leaving the mosque

Bismillahi wassalatu wassalamu 'alaa rasoolillahi, Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka min fadhlika, Allaahuma'simnee minash shaytaanir rajeem.

In the Name of Allah, and peace and blessings be upon the messenger of Allah, I ask for your favour, O Allah protect me from satan the outcast.

What to say when entering the house

Bismillaahi walajna, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa 'alallaahi Rabbinaa tawakkalna.

In the Name of Allah we enter, in the Name of Allah we leave, and upon Allah our Lord we depend (then say As-alaamu 'Alaykum to those present).

Taken from 'Fortress of the Muslim - Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah'.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!