/* */

PDA

View Full Version : photo sin. please advise me :(

anonymous
03-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Salam everyone,

So, I had a group presentation last week. our admin for our course came round and took pictures of the groups, our presentations etc. i asked someone to take a pic with my phone of my group and our poster. then one of the guys in my group took his phone out and asked for the same. i instantly thought this is wrong, but wasn't as quick with my actions :( :( and now i feel terrible. i'd hate for my pic to be on someone else's phone, esp esp a guys :'( i know this is a major thing, and so i want to ask for advice on what i can do. i've been praying that something happens to his phone, or he accidentally deletes it or something. what would you advise? could i email him and ask him to remove it, obv i'll not be able to tell that he did [which really hurts to know that i won't know for sure :(] but what could i say/how to explain?

also, i've recently started covering my face when i attend the mosque/islamic events (places where theres a lot of muslims and more fitnah), which is why it hurts even more to know i have committed this grave sin. may Allah forgive me, please pray for Allah to forgive me. i shouldn't have asked for a pic with my phone i know! :( i didn't think properly. shaytans whispers :'(
i'm really scared to tell my brother and dad and any of my family for that matter :(

thank you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-25-2013, 03:03 AM
:wa:

u may request him to remove ur photo . Don't need to explain much , just make the request.

Muhammad
04-02-2013, 02:15 PM
:wasalamex sister,

Ask Allaah :swt: for His forgiveness and use this experience to be more vigilant about taking photos in future :ia:.

Emailing him is a good idea. You could say something like, 'something has been troubling me and I would be very grateful if you could help me out. It is regarding the photo that you took of our group presentation. In Islam, men and women are taught to lower their gaze from one another and therefore it is inappropriate for them to take pictures of each other. I made a mistake by allowing my picture to be taken on someone else's phone, and I would be extremely grateful if you could kindly delete it. This would give me peace of mind that I have rectified my mistake. Thank you for understanding.'

May Allaah :swt: forgive you and grant you strength and ability to continue covering for His sake, Aameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2013, 07:49 PM
amazing wording muhammad i must say and agree

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!