/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Re-invented

Abu Loren
03-25-2013, 11:40 AM
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Whoever flew those planes into the Twin Towers in New York on that fateful day at the dawn of the new Millenium has most definately changed the world. Whatever the perpretators desire was one thing it has done was to highlight Islam and Muslims on a global scale. People who had otherwise only heard of Islam and Muslims on passing suddenly began to search on the internet where, what, when, how and who these Muslims were. Unintentionally, it started a thirst for knowledge and along the way people began to really understand what Islam was. They were completely taken aback by the lies and falsehood that they have heard from their family, friends, neighbours, the church, the synagogue, the community and the nation.

As the people began to finally find the Truth for themselves there was an explosion of people converting to the religion of God. By reading the Holy Qur'an in a language they could understand it became apparent that they have been living a lie from birth. For many people Islam has set them free from the shackles they've been held by satan. This liberation of the soul was an acceptance that alone they can do nothing and that there was a higher purpose to their lives and no individual was in control. This in turn allows this new believer to fully submit to the Power that was in control. There was no sadness, only joy in this submission. Many people had found the meaning to their, sometimes, miserable lives. Philosophers and non-believers are still searching for this meaning.

In a nutshell, one can put it down to these simple terms. One is created, born to a mother and father, you live a life worshipping that Creator and you gladly give up that life as you understand that the real life is just starting after death.

So this brave new world of the 21st Century is not all doom and gloom as some people had intended it to be. I don't doubt that these people are so far away from God and they worship satan willingly and with full submission. By submitting one must make a decision where they want to end up as the Final Destination could be heaven or hell.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jedi_Mindset
03-25-2013, 07:16 PM

On a serious note:
Count me as one of the people who found out that islam was good and right, i have been quite grown up with anti-islam hate, mainly due to my dad and dutch politicians. However i became friends iwth muslims, well they didnt behave like one but still remembered some key factors of islam. and i started to find out by myself, mainly on the internet :)

Jedi_Mindset
03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
LOL for bringing your personal life into this 9/11 topic.
Read the topic further, he writes how thanks to 9/11 many non-muslims started to find out about islam and when they found out the truth, they reverted. I for one was grown up by anti-islam rubbish after 9/11 and now i am muslim.

GuestFellow
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Woah we need thousands of people killed for people to convert? That's kinda scary...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jedi_Mindset
03-25-2013, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
Woah we need thousands of people killed for people to convert? That's kinda scary...
Allah works in mysterious way brother, after 9/11 the media and politicians tried to defame islam but Allah will never let them extinguish the light of HIS deen. So, 9/11 brought up many hate against islam but it also brought the opposite. people who actually had brains and asked themselves ''If islam is really that bad potrayed in the media, then we should find out, let me study it'. Later on they will find the peace of islam, the truth and so they revert. Allahu akbar.

Abu Loren
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Allah works in mysterious way brother, after 9/11 the media and politicians tried to defame islam but Allah will never let them extinguish the light of HIS deen. So, 9/11 brought up many hate against islam but it also brought the opposite. people who actually had brains and asked themselves ''If islam is really that bad potrayed in the media, then we should find out, let me study it'. Later on they will find the peace of islam, the truth and so they revert. Allahu akbar.
Amen to that brother Amen. Let the Noor of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala shine on the whole world. Ameen.

GuestFellow
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Oh okay. Well worded. Your previous post gave me the wrong idea.

Ahmad H
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
It's so true. Being a Muslim already it woke me up to the facts. When I saw the hatred against Islam I started becoming an even stronger Muslim. The more I see people against Islam now, the more I feel I have to be a better Muslim. That's how it's been for me these past 12 years.

faithandpeace
04-08-2013, 06:57 AM
I had heard about Islam prior to 9/11/01 but honestly never had given it much thought at the time for the most part. I remember that horrible day and saw the events unfolding live on TV. I was in school at the time and in addition to being deeply shocked by the massive amount of innocent lives lost (the news was predicting 10-20K at the time if I recall) I was further disturbed by the knee-jerk reactions and accusations against Islam and the Middle East. Immediately multiple people were blaming the attack on Iraq and I already had skepticism. While it was completely normal and expected to have a variety of traumatic emotions on that day, finger pointing and blame without any actual facts certainly did not bring about any kind of truth or justice. If I recall it seemed like the news media already had the answer to who the perpetrators were before the attacks were even overwith.

And to this day 11 years later I am seemingly unable to walk by a New York Times newspaper sitting in a Starbucks newspaper rack or glance at a TV set during lunch at work when the news is on and not hear something against Islam. Sure, they always appear to focus on key topics such as terrorism but it was obvious to me the day of 9/11/01 that there was an agenda. And we have now nearly 12 years of a steady diet of anti-Islamic propaganda that is appearing to get worse over time. If they truly are just talking about terrorists then why can't they say anything good about Islam? They make it out like there are millions upon millions of terrorists out there just waiting to attack the U.S. Didn't Adolf Hitler blame the parliament fire on the Jews and then start an endless propaganda campaign? I don't like this trend. Even if all of these people consistently featured on the news truly are terrorists bent on destroying the U.S. the way in which this media campaign is done clearly is designed to show Islam as the big bad enemy. I really hope more people wake up to the truth and not fall into fearful hysteria. It is a very concerning situation in my opinion.

greenhill
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Faithandpeace, it is all part of Allah's grand plan.

If we look back in history, it is always the believers that get oppressed. This is the 'new' way of oppression for muslims. It is my personal opinion that we are progressing towards those kinds of times, like the Jews at the hands of the Pharaohs, and Christians at the hands of the Romans. It is our turn to be tested. From a fantastic civilisation that brought many wonderous concepts, to the break up of the empire, becoming secular states, through to the use of money from barter trade, Islam as a Nation has shrunk to Islam in pockets of community. We will remain defenceless. But like the Jews and the Christians during their times of trials, we must keep faith as things may not get any better for the muslims any time soon. On the good side, if we keep our heads up during bad times, the greater the blessings as compared to during good times. If we grumble during bad times we get nothing and worst still if unappreciative during good times. (You got me a bit philosophical now):p

I often remind myself that I am a tiny leg of the total journey in the story of mankind that Allah has designed starting from Adam (pbuh) through to ...doomsday? We all may be repeating the same action, but the plot in this leg is very different to the past. :statisfie

Peace to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!