/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Return of a King.

Urban Turban
03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
:sl:

Preview of William Dalrymple's bestseller on the first Anglo Afghan war 1839-1942, dear ladies and gentlemen, we are seeing a repeat.
No wonder Afghanistan is known as the Graveyard of Empires.

As you can see, the British are not good at history.

http://theijtema.com/2013/03/27/the-return-of-a-king/

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
03-27-2013, 06:28 PM
History is a double edged sword. It helps to always look at it comparatively.

I took a look a the article, I wish it was elaborated on more, a lot more. Good stuff nevertheless.

Scimi

Urban Turban
03-27-2013, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
History is a double edged sword. It helps to always look at it comparatively.

I took a look a the article, I wish it was elaborated on more, a lot more. Good stuff nevertheless.

Scimi
I wanted to, but short of time.
My idea is to just provide a brief info, I'm more interested to chronicle as many books possible on my site that the Muslims may be interested in or to get them interested, plus as people browsing the net will use google anyways if they like about the subject.

Lets see if I can add more.

Scimitar
03-27-2013, 07:32 PM
I commented and subbed up. :) Nice name *Urban Turban* always gets a giggle out of me :)

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tearose
03-27-2013, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Urban Turban
Lets see if I can add more.
in sha Allah. I like this idea. I love reading, but I sometimes get put off by starting to read a book, and then halfway through I find out that it has got some objectionable content in there. I'd like to see more recommendations of books that are useful for Muslims so I could look for them at my local library and request them if they don't have them in sha Allah.

Urban Turban
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I commented and subbed up. :) Nice name *Urban Turban* always gets a giggle out of me :)

Scimi
Anything to keep my people's spirit up.

format_quote Originally Posted by tearose
in sha Allah. I like this idea. I love reading, but I sometimes get put off by starting to read a book, and then halfway through I find out that it has got some objectionable content in there. I'd like to see more recommendations of books that are useful for Muslims so I could look for them at my local library and request them if they don't have them in sha Allah.
jazakAllah khair sis, will inshaAllah try to bring such books which aren't too voluminous and more importantly don't harm the faith.

Scimitar
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
It reminds me of this fella :D :

AW, YEAH, THE RETURN OF A KING :D sorry for the bad pun there.

Scimi :D

Scimitar
03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
btw, I just wanted to say, keep up the good work bro :) I got 2 notifications in email regarding the blog. :)

Scimi

GuestFellow
03-28-2013, 08:09 PM
I thought this was about lord of the rings.

Urban Turban
03-29-2013, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
I thought this was about lord of the rings.
That book is titled: 'The Return of the King'

This is 'The Return of a King'

Former is fiction, latter is fact.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!